Tallahassee, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 29, 2014
My child has been at NFCS since kindergarten, and we have had more "problems" with the school than positives. My child has been in situations where the teachers clearly do not know the information they are supposed to be teaching...teachers have told the children that Europe is a country...that EVERYONE in the Philippines hates Christians...that ALL Muslims hate Christians...among other things...the teachers teach straight from the text books and worksheet and do not dare to deviate from what is "expected" of them..they do not encourage creative/free thinking...this school definitely does a lot of indoctrination...and provides false information to children at a very impressionable age. As far as providing exemplary education to compete with public schools..they are failing in that area as well..the children in the higher elementary classes struggle with properly writing a 5 paragrapg essay, as well in-depth and foundational math skills...and Spanish is taught via an on-line program with no qualified person proctoring the ELEMENTARY children.

Posted March 25, 2014
This school is terrible for the engineering and sciences. I ran out of math and science courses to take and the only option for taking physics or calculus was to take it in this terrible self-directed online program. I was unprepared for engineering undergraduate programs and still to this day (in my PhD program), professor will reference how everyone learned some physics concept in high school, and I think to myself "Haha, yeah right, not at mine!" Luckily I had the motivation to catch up on this stuff but NFC did not make it any easier. I attended NFC for 11th and 12th grade only. Also, they teach that evolution is a myth and can't be proven, and that's just rediculous.

North Florida Christian School 4

Posted October 11, 2013
My perspective comes from being (1) a specialist who has worked in public, private and charter schools all over Leon County for over twenty years, and (2) the aunt to children who have attended NFC from preschool through middle/high school. I base my opinion on first hand knowledge of at least half of the public schools in Leon County, and here is what I know to be true: If I had a child, I would enroll my child at NFC. Public schools are now driven by the FCAT, the teacher's union is insuring that horrible teachers still have jobs, and God has been expelled. You cannot escape this truth regardless of where you go in the public schools. I see there are some parents who have issues with NFC on this site and their experiences may be 100% true. However, I'd like to offer a word of caution: the grass definitely is not greener elsewhere. There are good public schools with good teachers in Leon County, but the secular, progressive environment in which political correctness has run completely amuck and the Union keeps horrible teachers in classrooms is not the environment I would want my child in 196 days of the year. I would suggest staying at NFC and working to improve things there.

North Florida Christian School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
I attended NFCS from second grade until I graduated high school. I loved it. The teachers actually take the time to get to know you on a personal level and enjoy being in the class room. The academics are good, but I think they changed the curriculum since I went there. Your fellow peers are like your family and I am still in contact with a lot of people I graduated with or were younger than me. The chapel services are great. My favorite time of the year was during student revival, which is when I asked God to save me. The sports were great when I went there and the athletes had to actually earn their grades in order to play. All in all this school is great and I would send my kids there.

North Florida Christian School 5

Posted August 09, 2013
The leadership at NFCS is profoundly serious about providing a differentiating school environment. The school's ties to what was once Temple Baptist Church yield a strong community base that actively embraces the total school community of parents. One visit to a Friday night football game on campus will reveal how much families are committed to the school community. Parents from K-12 are engaged with one another... it is uplifting.

North Florida Christian School 2

Posted August 07, 2013
I have had a child graduate from here and had to hire tutors to catch him up for college. I have a younger student that I withdrew last year. The elementary used to be great. The new curriculum is sub-standard, the teachers overburdened and unsupported. Moral is very low. Money seems to be spent on refurbishing office space rather than in the classrooms. It's slowly becoming impossible to get into the school, let alone talk to administration or teachers. This used to be much easier! My child learned next to nothing last year. I know others with middle/high schoolers who are not returning for the same reasons. We feel that we wasted our money. The high school is cramming 30+ students in some classes and warehousing others in classrooms where they just put them on computers taking Florida Virtual School classes because they don't have the teachers for real classes. I could do that at home for FREE! The observation someone else made about sports is right on. I know of teachers who were let go to make room for a coach they wanted (they needed space for his wife to teach). As far as manners? The high school boys are RUDE, even to teachers, and get away with it if they play sports!

North Florida Christian School 5

Posted May 18, 2013
I have to completely disagree with the person who posted that the academics come second here. We have a child who is very involved in sports at NFC and we have never felt that the school put them before the academics. We have a junior who is in public high school here in Tallahassee, so we definitely have something to compare NFC to. He too would attend NFC, but they do not have a soccer program. Not only is the school excellent, but I have yet to walk into any other school where the young gentlemen are holding the doors for the ladies and where ALL of the children are expected to respect adults as well as one another. The teachers genuinely care about their students. We do not attend the church there nor has our daughter ever been asked to or even asked where she does attend church. I attended NFC for 3 years in the 80's and it is a very different school now. It was a great school then, but their were strict rules compared to today. I think a lot of people judge the school on what they have heard and not from experience. We are extremely pleased with the education. If you want a very safe, academically challenging and Christian education for your children, then this is the place.

Posted August 09, 2012
This school is run by and for the sports programs. It has been since I graduated there in the 80's. The academics come second here. Many of the teachers are just coaches and their wives randomly placed in teaching positions where they have little to no passion or expertise. The leadership of the school lacks any accountability. They made the decision long ago to steer the school in this direction. I tried to dend my kids here because we wanted a Christian based education but the school seems to be Christian only in name. We sadly had to withdraw our kids because the academics became a joke in middle school. The boys also dramatically outnumber girls in high school because of the athletic focus. Most of these boys have been held back a grade for sports purposes as well so your daughter can be surrounded by overage wannabe football stars.

Posted March 27, 2012
I went to this school for eight years. At least three of those years it was a miserable experience... IF you aren't Baptist, you're treated like a second class student. Teachers are required to attend North Florida Baptist Church, and chapel sessions are constant and obnoxious. While at this school, a terrible rumor was started about me, and the administration not only didn't do anything to stop it, I caught one of my teachers gossiping to students about me. On top of this, I know many other families in similar situations. I would not ever send my child here and am very glad that I was pulled out of this school when I was.

North Florida Christian School 0

Posted January 03, 2010
My children attend NFC and we absolutely love it. The teachers have been outstanding and I have been so impressed with what they have learned and the opportunities they have had. The choir and the drama team and the summer sports camps are awesome. I love that homework is only given on certain days so that we can enjoy the other nights.Because reading outloud is so encouraged they are excellent readers. The Christ centered curriculum is wonderful. The kids enjoy learning the Bible stories and memorizing God's word. In a world of declining morals it is so nice to hear such sweet words coming from your child.

North Florida Christian School
3000 North Meridian Road, Tallahassee, FL  32312
Last modified North Florida Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
North Florida Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top