Posted October 30, 2014
This is a wonderful school. My daughter is actually learning, not memorizing. I love the interaction that the staff have with both parents and students. The staff and clubs motivate the students to explore subjects. Stars is an A+ school!

Posted June 05, 2013
I have NOTHING but GREAT things to say about Stars. I have had two children graduate from Stars. My children were in the advanced classes and I feel that their education was very good. My son got a very high score (almost perfect) on the writing FCAT, higher than he had ever gotten at previous schools. The administration is strict, but neither of my children had problems. The teachers worked extra hours to make sure my children would do well on the FCAT. Often my child would go for free tutoring on Saturday for FCAT help. I have never heard of any other school doing this. I am very pleased with my children s time at Stars and would highly recommend the school to others.

Stars Middle School 1

Posted May 28, 2013
This school is terrible. My little brother goes to this school and it has constantly been a problem. One of his teachers took his Ipod and lost/stole it, which the principal and assistant principal refused to do anything about and completely ignored. Not to mention that they are either constantly running out of food during lunch, or the bus that he is supposed to ride home often doesnt come to the school, and then they call me at 3 or 4 in the afternoon when Im at work asking met o come pick him up. Do NOT go to this school. And lets not forget that I paid for him to go to the end of the year field trip to Wild Adventures, and when he got there he wasnt allowed to ride the rides because he was wearing jean shorts, which we were NOT informed he wasnt allowed to do. Ridiculous!! The problems start at this schools staff and administrators and continue on downwards.

Posted January 31, 2013
It is a great school. I think everyone should go take a look at it. My niece goes there in 8th grade after moving from 4 other schools during her middle school years. "It is the SAFEST school I have seen" she says. Small school. class sizes of about 18 students. Great after school activities that she wants to stay everyday for another club. Math & science teams, different sports teams, tutoring and so. Staff are very enthusiastic, they love their students. I wish I was at a school like this when I was a kid.

Stars Middle School 0

Posted April 06, 2010
I am a student at stars middle school and there are good or bad things about that school we have one of the best teachers but the discipline procedures are just messed up i think that the teachers at stars try there best with the students and i have been going to that school since day one it opened and i help out alot i think this school is great and i will miss it when i graduate this year

Stars Middle School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
My child has been attending STARS since the day they opened. I am very involved with the school. I even joined the PVO to assist the teachers, students, and other staff. There are some positive and negative elements about this school, just like any other school. SMS is a uniform school and I really like that. I believe the discipline is very direct. Sometimes to the extreme...That is an opinion of mine. The teachers are exordinarily great with my child. She has learned so much and made wonderful relationships with teachers and students alike. It is a hard school, but it is a good school. I recommend it to people almost everyday. To have a great school, more parents need to step up to the plate and pitch in.

Posted February 16, 2009
We sent our child here after a very bad year in 6th grade at one of the other schools. The staff is very open to communication with us, and the small class sizes mean that the kids get the attention that they need. We have been recommending this school to other parents. While the music and PE programs are not what you would expect to find at other schools (very limited budget), the teachers compensate by being creative about how they teach the subjects. The extra activities after school are unlike anything I remembered from my middle school. It's a fantastic school!

Stars Middle School 2

Posted May 29, 2008
I sent my child to this school for it's first opening year and I regret it! There was nothing but problems from day one. They have serious problems in their discipline procedures. My child did not have one day of P.E. class either. Also, they took finals this year and the grades didn't even appear on their report cards! My child will NOT being going back there next school year!!

Stars Middle School 4

Posted March 11, 2008

Stars Middle School
1500 Miccosukee Rd, Tallahassee, FL  32308
Last modified Stars Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stars Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top