325 students|Leon

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Tallahassee School Of Math & Science 4

Posted March 04, 2016
The beginning of the school year was rough with administration in regards to some policies & the younger children. It is now clear that the issues I had with this are beginning to be changed including a new registrar who has proved to make a world of difference. This school has by far made a turn around in my eyes and academically my child is doing A's and B's better than ever!

Posted November 13, 2015
This is the best school in Tallahassee! My daughter is learning so much and most importantly, she feels safe and happy. The teachers are caring and always available for students and their parents.

Posted April 06, 2015
This school is a great school the math Olympiad is very fun and educational everything is very fun and the tutoring after school are fun and helpful

Posted April 06, 2015
Stars is a great school for math. We have many competitions for Math Olympiad. We also have a college mentorship program. Our school is like a family. We stick by each other's side.

Posted April 06, 2015
This is a wonderful school. The small school allows the teachers to be more connected with the students. Free tutoring and clubs allow students whose family is low on money to get more help from their teachers. There is a Math Olympiad club that not only helps students learn more about math, but also have the opportunity to compete with their friends in competitions. There is also a College Mentorship Program (CMP) that helps students prepare for college. In this club you can get an understanding of what you want to do in college, and also prepare for the SAT. All in all, this is a great school that provides students with a great learning experience.

Posted December 10, 2014
Stars is an excellent small school. It is not selective or exclusive like a small private school. It doesn't have the negative aspect of a large, impersonal public school. The teachers are extremely hardworking and dedicated. My son is a very smart, kid who tests limits and has done so at every school he has attended. The same is true here, but somehow they are teaching him to curb that tendency and he is starting to learn the value of hard work: his own hard work! I love the cross-section of kids in the school. He loves school and appreciates his teachers again, as he did when he was much younger. Other schools had turned him against school and learning. That desire is back and growing!

Posted October 30, 2014
This is a wonderful school. My daughter is actually learning, not memorizing. I love the interaction that the staff have with both parents and students. The staff and clubs motivate the students to explore subjects. Stars is an A+ school!

Posted June 05, 2013
I have NOTHING but GREAT things to say about Stars. I have had two children graduate from Stars. My children were in the advanced classes and I feel that their education was very good. My son got a very high score (almost perfect) on the writing FCAT, higher than he had ever gotten at previous schools. The administration is strict, but neither of my children had problems. The teachers worked extra hours to make sure my children would do well on the FCAT. Often my child would go for free tutoring on Saturday for FCAT help. I have never heard of any other school doing this. I am very pleased with my children s time at Stars and would highly recommend the school to others.

Tallahassee School Of Math & Science 1

Posted May 28, 2013
This school is terrible. My little brother goes to this school and it has constantly been a problem. One of his teachers took his Ipod and lost/stole it, which the principal and assistant principal refused to do anything about and completely ignored. Not to mention that they are either constantly running out of food during lunch, or the bus that he is supposed to ride home often doesnt come to the school, and then they call me at 3 or 4 in the afternoon when Im at work asking met o come pick him up. Do NOT go to this school. And lets not forget that I paid for him to go to the end of the year field trip to Wild Adventures, and when he got there he wasnt allowed to ride the rides because he was wearing jean shorts, which we were NOT informed he wasnt allowed to do. Ridiculous!! The problems start at this schools staff and administrators and continue on downwards.

Posted January 31, 2013
It is a great school. I think everyone should go take a look at it. My niece goes there in 8th grade after moving from 4 other schools during her middle school years. "It is the SAFEST school I have seen" she says. Small school. class sizes of about 18 students. Great after school activities that she wants to stay everyday for another club. Math & science teams, different sports teams, tutoring and so. Staff are very enthusiastic, they love their students. I wish I was at a school like this when I was a kid.

Tallahassee School Of Math & Science
3434 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL  32303
Last modified Tallahassee School Of Math & Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.