423 students|Broward

Bad
Good

This school is a great school my daughter been there for a good three years I have no complaints .best school ever

Let me start with, They have had 3 Principals in the past years (3 to be exact) and now for this school year 16-17 they have another one! Their office staff is constantly changing, seems to be they can't keep their office staff. There's a woman there who calls herself a the dean but from other parents she's referred herself as the Principal because the Principals are always changing. Doesn't say much for the administration/ superintendent of the schools. I've seen how this person has spoken to children, glad it wasn't mine because the woman can't speak. She was surprised to see me as she open her office door. Dean? Think not, u don't call kids crazy! She has a Degree? In what yelling and belittling kids! This happened at the Tamarac Campus! My children were at the Tamarac campus, I called to ask about school dates supplies etc that's how I found out about a new principal and new office staff! My children won't be returning. Unfortunate for the kids and staff (teachers) my kids had good teachers, not sure if any of them are back and won't be there to find out! Good luck.

I am very dissatisfied with this school. This school failed my son in many ways. The bully in this school is out if control. In one year my son came home with many marks on his face from other kids throwing rocks at him and stabbing him with a pencil. He also got punched in the stomache and was teased by his peers. Needless to say my son will not be returning to this school.

My child has been attending CSE for 3 years now. This school is not what it use to be and they staff doesn't seem to really care anymore. My child has not been happy since school began and seems to be struggling. Both teachers prior to this years teacher were outstanding!!!! They really cared about teaching and education. My child has been on they honor roll since day one but the teacher for this year seems more concerned with what type of shoes and backpacks the students should have. My child had an issue with anan assignment so I wrote a note to the teacher asking if she could explain it once more. It's now the fourth week of school and she has yet to do so. She later told students to pay attention became she doesn't want to see any notes from parents saying their child doesn't understand!! As a parent I was irate to hear such a thing coming from a teacher, who's job is to TEACH!!!!! As of now my child will be switching schools and will no be returning to CSE!!!!!

My daughter started since k. she is in third grade. Academically, she is doing well. She loves the school and her teachers. The staff is attentive and professional. I plan to keep her in this school until fifth grade.

This was my children's first year in a charter school. I was very reluctant at first, but it has turned out to be as good as their previous Catholic School education. Their curriculum is wonderful. My son in first grade went from not reading at all, to reading everything in sight. The teachers are caring and involved. I love the school's inclusion of the arts and other cultural experiences offered. Their principal, Mr. Westbrookes, is awesome. He is ALWAYS visible and helps the teachers and staff from everything from the car line to wiping noses. He seems to know every child by name and most parents as well. The office staff is professional, friendly, and always available to answer parent and/or children's questions. I can't recommend this school enough.

Last modified Charter School Of Excellence Tamarac 1 is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.