845 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Posted July 31, 2014
As a parent I have to say that there is not one good thing I can say about this school or it's staff. My 2 kids went to this school for only 2 years and it was the longest grueling 2 years we have ever encountered. They claim to stop bullying but it's a joke because some of the teachers bully more then the kids do (my sons teacher). The teachers they had are awful and the head principal is lazy and only cares about sitting at her desk drinking her Coffee Coolattas and handles nothing. Also when you go to her for a problem she defends the one that is wrong and makes the innocent one feel so belittled it's a disgrace. If you ask me I would NOT recommend this school to anyone. Also one particular staff member who works in the office is so unprofessional and rude. It amazes me how some of these people get hired.

Posted May 17, 2014
Tamarac Elementary is a great school and I highly recommend it. My son has learned a lot and the staff treated him like family, everyone is very respectful. My son is graduating in June and we are going to miss everyone from the school. The teachers are great, they have a lot of experience and are very kind and helpful; every single teacher that my son had was amazing. He had the highest scores in the FCAT and BAT exams and is in a gifted class with Ms. Ryals, who is a wonderful teacher. Mrs. Weber (Applegate), Mrs. Kaplan, and Ms. Laighold, were his teachers also, and I can recommend each of them as kind, professionals,and amazing persons. I thank the staff in Tamarac Elementary, for giving my son the best education and being supportive throughout these years. We will miss you guys!.

Posted April 18, 2014
I'm a parent that my son has been at Tamarac Elementary for 4 years now. I would like to take a few minutes and Thank all the staff at the Tamarac Elementary, I would like to start with my favorite one Ms Smith. Excellent teacher very experienced. Nice, sweet and funny. I wished that a teacher like her will follow my son until college. I want to mentioned also the other teachers that my son had the past three years. I will start with Ms Larsen, Ms Snider, Ms Bernstein. Special Thank You to Ms Ray the Principal. Thank You for everything!!!!!!

Tamarac Elementary School 4

Posted March 05, 2014
I have been involved with Tamarac Elementary for 8 years. I have seen the change in Principals, decline in budget and change in demographics of the kids. Mrs. Ray has opened the lines of communication with parents (those who want to hear) and she and her staff have the students' education as a first priority. No school is perfect, nor are the parents or staff. The SAF Chair is also an avenue to use for school wide issues. Positive volunteers, without a personal agenda, are needed in the school.

Posted June 07, 2013
Some teachers are great, but most are not. This school has a high rate of retention into the first grade. There is no activities or projects whatsoever. The staff in the office is rude. If you want your child to be a failure, then this is the school for you.

Posted April 03, 2013
Back when I first started teaching, I had several offers, but held out for Tamarac Elementary. I have never regretted my decision, considering myself very lucky to work with such caring, dedicated people in an environment that feels like a family school on a very large campus. In addition to providing an excellent core curriculum, we offer a Garden Club to help enhance the beauty of our campus with its large butterfly garden and plethora of native species of plant life, Chess Club, Recorder Club, American Sign Language Signing Chorus, and Drama Club. I always enjoy meeting the parents and family members during our Curriculum Nights, and appreciate the supportive PTA. Despite real budgeting concerns that eliminated these considerations at many schools, we are fortunate to have specials that include music, art, media, and physical education (in an air conditioned gymnasium that was *beautifully* renovated earlier this school year). My sincere thanks goes out to all of the families who entrust their children to our care. It's a pleasure to work in such a wonderful, safe, enriching environment as we work to help those precious little people thrive!

Posted September 09, 2010
Too regimented in academics and too unstructured during co-curricular activities; very few fun learning programs; way too much hysteria over FCAT. Some teachers berate the children, other professionals yell and degrade the students, even the good performers. It's obvious the students get little discipline at home and constantly disrupt the classroom; this is NOT a school for a smart, well-behaved child. We spent 1st & 2nd grades there; I volunteered and saw a lot. Thankfully we moved out of the area and now love our school.

Tamarac Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2010
I recently moved my son from one scool toTamarac Elementary thnking that it would be an even better school for him. Mind you, he had good grades at his previous school. My son is in 5th grade and now that I have moved him, he is struggling. He brings home so much homework that he has no time for outdoor activities. I believe that they focus more on FCAT than actual learning that they will need for their future. I am tired of having to try to figure out his homework. I do understand that he needs to prepare for middle school & than high school, but they just send too much home. I have a child in High School as well and she rarely comes home with homework; most learning is done in the class and mind you, they have 7 classes in one day. STOP FOCUSING ON FCAT!!!

Tamarac Elementary School

Posted February 26, 2009
To the parent who wrote yesterday...How would your child do today if he took the FCAT? That is the true test. I had three children at Tamarac Elementary and they all did well there. My 6th grader (now in 8th grade) was more than prepared for middle school. Now my children are in another state and are still excelling thanks to the foundation that was built at Tamarac and our hard work at home. Not everyone can afford private school and even if you can, it doesn't mean that your child is receiving a better education. Tamarac isn't perfect but it is one of the best. I also feel that most of the staff and especially the principal are doing their best and they really care!

Posted February 25, 2009
We used to love this school until we saw the FCAT and big classes. They cared about FCAT bonuses and not education. Try Malachy in Tamarac. We moved our child there in 3rd grade and he excelled tremendously. No FCATs! They have so much more time with each child and every class is very small. Lots more benefits at this school!

Tamarac Elementary School
7601 North University Drive, Tamarac, FL  33321
Last modified Tamarac Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.