Millennium Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1347 students

Posted August 18, 2014

They offer a good program, but they cant offer you safety. It is really dangerous, a lot of bullying on campus. The principal is the worst principal on the Seminole Public School System's payroll. I dont recommend this school if you care about your child well being.

Posted May 16, 2014

HORRIBLE SCHOOL. As has been said in most comments that I have read, the teachers and administrators DO NOT CARE about the students, they preach about bullying but do NOTHING about it. Even when parents try to stay involved with their student's activities and grades and other school interests, the administrators and teachers are very irresponsible and show absolutely no interest in working with the parents. This is one of the worst schools my girls have been in. This is the last year my daughters attend Millennium and I AM SOOOOO GLAD. The school was so much better a few years ago, I thought that since it had a decent rating and was in a good area, that the education and environment was going to be a good one, big mistake, from the quality of the Administrators, the Teachers and the Students, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANY PARENT.

Posted May 14, 2014

Dangerous school. This is my sons 1st year in Millennium Middle school and he has had the worst year ever. He has been bullied and assaulted by students. The administrators have not provided any assistance in helping my son nor helping their school from bullying. Administrators are quick to leave the school at 4:30pm along with the kids. Principle is very rude, inconsiderate and very unprofessional. Drug and sexual activities on school grounds. Students do not respect the teachers. Teachers dressing provocatively discussing personal issues instead of educating students in class. The worst school ever.

Posted July 14, 2013

the teachers are quite rude except for about 2 out of 7 good teachers a year the teacher also had constant favoritism award the favorite children and to those who had missed a couple of assignments would already have 0's! also the staff also has no control of us students, other students are so out of hand a 1 kid and the entire school and challenger evacuate into the hot sun! the principle is only around for the morning and afternoon, allowing her assistant principles to do any interacting with the students. they also set our classes by fcat scores! if your in advanced and your failing, so be it! you'll be stuck in that class for an entire year! not to mention the cafeteria food! every time i eat some i feel like throwing up for the next 2 hours! and have you seen our test scores! disgusting! we don't even get a proper education. oh and if you child is ever being bullied it will be completely ignored! they also have a thing called a "bully box" were you stay anonymous and tell if your being bullied, well guess what its hardly ever checked! please, to all those parents out there thinking about sending your child to this "A" school,do your kid a favor and DONT! -An mms student

Posted December 4, 2012

now this school has pretty good teachers who are willing to work with you but there are a handful of horrible ones i enjoyed. I'm now in 9th grade and wish i could go back!! the kids were well.... okay i guess but in the end i found a good group of friends it all depends on you in the end. the lunch umm well some days it was good others you wondered what is on my plate. i also liked that in ^th grade you have your own building and they are very sctrict with bullying. they also have uniforms that arent all that bad it saves you sometime in the morning. overall i liked my time there i would just watch out for certain teachers.

Posted November 23, 2012

I went to this school 5 years ago, and I enjoyed my middle school years attending Millenium . But the administration was EXTREMELY unprofessional and if I may say, ghetto. My mother hated this school because of how unprofessional the staff in the front office was. I was bullied, and the school could care LESS. No body helped me. I remember security threatening to strip search every kid in my class because a student lost a 5 dollar bill..... Very odd now that I think of it.

Posted July 29, 2012

This school is amazing!!!!!! I love it!!! Iam a student thats has dealt with some "bullying" problems in 6th grade and now I'm in 8th. I can't think of any school that has awesome teachers. The academic level is very accurate. Overall the field trips here are unbelievable. Also the ratio of students to teachers is good. My favorite school and teachers' ever!!!

Posted April 27, 2012

My Daughter is in 7th grade at Millennium Middle. I am not pleased with any aspect of this school whatsoever & have been trying diligently to get her enrolled into Coral Springs Charter School since last year. She has been bullied "off & on" since last year by different groups of girls & when I have notified the school, I was informed by the guidance counselor, Mrs. H, that because it was a "first time thing" it wasn't considered bullying.REALLY???? I kinda lost it...that response did not make me happy AT ALL!!! All it takes is one time for something bad to happen & I'm not willing to take that chance with my child. Also, in order to have anything followed up on, don't count on administration/staff to do their jobs....I had to do leg work myself to have a mistake removed from my daughter's attendance record.They accidentally had her listed in internal suspension for a day because another child with the same first name as her was in I.S. that day so they decided to put that on my daughter's record.Why not? Same first name=same child.right? It's ridiculous!! Then there's the complete lack of professionalism with some of the teachers..signing their emails as "The Billionairess"

Posted April 14, 2012

Coming from a concerned parent, it's sad that a few teacher's can ruin the entire experience. If a teacher continues to compare her middle school students to her experience of what it was like when she taught high school, it makes the students feel bad that their not on that level. I have experienced firsthand what it is like dealing with two specific teachers that constantly favor, push their political views and are outright unprofessional to some of the students. These teachers have had the principal sit in on their classes and the students have told me how the teachers "change" when any type of administration is around. Seventh grade is hard enough, why make it anymore difficult on these kids?

Posted October 11, 2011

hi i am in 5th grade i have heard many good things about millennium middle school and would like to attend.. please write another review regarding if i am making the right choice or if you may think Rocklake middle school may be better sincerly 5th grade student thank you :-)

Posted July 21, 2011

The teachers strive to do their best at Millennium. Unfortunately there is overcrowding but the principal is always leading the school and keeps specials going. My second child is attending Millennium he has always been on the honor roll, still is. When things go wrong I email and receive a response very quickly. When I see things lacking I ask and get a conference with all his teachers. As a parent, the reality is attending the parent nights, they have a lot of them. The timing is sometimes difficult, I may not make it to every event but it has been worth it.

Posted July 17, 2011

I am very pleased with Millennium. I have had two children go through this school and feel that both got a solid education. I read many of the comments from other families and do not agree with their comments. I feel that Dr. Cendan is willing to give her time to any parent. I had an issue at the end of the year and not only did I get an immediate phone call back, the problem was resolved very quickly. If your child does their part, they will be prepared and successful.

Posted June 9, 2011

This is my son's first year at Millennium. His assigned school was a failing school so we were able to choose. I regret making the choice of this school. When I asked the principal why my child was in advanced math but he continually failed, her answer was "what were his FCAT scores?" which is no answer at all. When I replied no matter what his scores are, this class is too advanced for him, she said there was no choice. I do not believe that a child could be left to fail an entire year based on 1 test score from the prior year, with no recourse. then, at the end of the year, you can SELF PAY $25 per week for course recovery at 7:30AM or $125 per week for summer school for 3 hours a day. Admin and 6th grade teachers are less than happy to communicate with parents. Sometimes, downright hostile.

Posted February 3, 2011

I am currently an 8th grader at Millennium Middle. It has been one of the most wonderful experiences in a school I have ever had. The teachers truly do try their hardest to work with you and your educational needs. The lunch isn't the BEST but you can always bring luch. We have always been an "A" school. Which I think is AWESOME! Go Stars!

Posted November 28, 2010

daughter graduated 2010 from Millennium with honors and attending TARAVELLA; .We noticed a big change in our daughter who seemed so bewildered with her homework. tests scores were low. One of her teachers called and asked me to see him for a one on one changing her class in mid year. said my daughter along with other students are failing his class are all from Millennium. He said that the Principal ( Dr. Cheryl Cendan ) and her Administration Staff are the worst in Broward County. The only thing that they are concerned about is the FCAT Tests my daughter studied for these test all year long and received a score of 4 which is fairly good if not outstanding BUT that is all they teach at this school. They only teach for the FCAT and the Cheryl Cendan can prance around town and school board meetings bragging

Posted November 28, 2010

This will my sons last year, and we have had our problems, and I don't think that this is the best school. But, when you can't afford private, and you can't get a reassignment to another school - you have to stay. He has been bullied, and it stopped for a short time the resource officer really did not help so it continues on and off. I really agree that they do teach to the test, I wonder what is going to happen when the FCAT goes away and they really do have to teach. The office staff including the principal is a joke, they don't know how to address parents in a civil manner or what is going on at the school when you call. I know it will be hard in high school, but my only hope is that he will learn as we are getting out of broward county and moving up north. Good luck to everyone left in the school.

Posted September 23, 2010

My son is in his 3rd year and my daughter is in her 2nd year at Millennium. I think its a great school, especially out of the choices in broward. Sure my kids complain about uniforms and the food but they are not there for a fashion show or a gourmet lunch. I have many of the same concerns I see written on here but i also think I would have the same and more concerns at other schools. No public school will ever be everything we want it to be so, yes there is room for improvement in many aspects but for the most part Im very happy with this school.

Posted August 14, 2010

Millenium Middle is an excellent school, and I am happy my child is assigned to that school. My child loves to go to school more than ever. The teachers are very dedicated to providing every child a great education. I give this school a five star.

Posted July 8, 2010

From what is written here, students and parents of Millenium students don't seem to know how to use proper grammar or how to spell words correctly (or even just use spell check). What a shame.

Posted May 3, 2010

My son attended millennium for 1 month - in that month he was bulled by several older children before school while waiting for the bell to ring and school to start. I have never been to a school where the faculty yelled and hoolered constantly, instead of setting an example by talking to the kids. Once the morning bell rang - It was like herding cattle yelling , directing and more yelling. What a great way to start your morning. Our overall experience was unsettling with the schools within the Broward County School District. Safety - well with all the camara's and escorting kids to and from the restroom, and police on campus. you would think my answer would be yes. But its not. If this enviorment works for you and your children Great. My over all experience was terrible, I suggest looking into a different school for your children.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

412 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

412 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

404 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

447 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

329 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

471 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

427 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

469 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

539 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

144 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

44 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

45 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 15%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
PE instructor(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

• Gifted specialist(s)
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Art room
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Performance stage

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5803 Northwest 94th Avenue