Tamarac, FL

Posted October 26, 2013
I have two children attending Alazhar and we couldn't be happier with this school. The teachers are amazing and they truly love the students. The standard of education is very high and the children are pushed to succeed while at the same time given much love and care. My kids are thriving and have learned so much in the past few months. I wish this school would go to 12th grade.

Posted June 06, 2013
My two kids go to this school. They love the school and the environment. Teachers are very loving and caring. My children learn not only good education, but also good values and morals. I believe this school is a blessing from the Almighty. May Allah reward the teachers and the principals.

Posted September 07, 2012
I am a parent of three young children that are currently enrolled in the Alazhar Elementary Program. I cannot stress enough how warm and caring the staff and teachers of Alazhar are with my young children.The student/teacher ratios are low, this allows the teachers to give individual attention to my children. The teachers ar excellent! They're intelligent, caring, patient and experienced. Principal Heba Hussein is warm, kind and great with the kids. She passionately pursues ensuring Alazhar remains an excellent educational opportunity for children of all backgrounds.

Posted October 31, 2011
As a member of the PTO, I would like to clarify the previous review made by a parent. First, I would like to state that every activity; Eid Picnic, Movie Night, Dress down days, Chocolate Sales, Sahara Lunch, Pizza Friday, Snack Store, and Ice cream is VOLUNTARY. The money that is produced from these fundraisers goes back directly to better of the education of our children. With the money that was raised from last years fundraisers, we were able to purchase Accelerated Reader, Bookflix, and TrueFlix. Also, many of the classroom were in need of new desks and equipment for the students. It is essential that we have the support of our parents in these activities. In order for us to have a successful Islamic school for our children we must work hand-in-hand.

Alazhar School 4

Posted September 26, 2011
I like what they do I do recommend them, however, it is becoming increasingly noticable that the requests to pay extra money for this and that are on the rise. $350 for K books is little outrageous. Daily phone calls to ask for donations!!! I wish they reduce the pressure a little bit. Pay for icecream or your child wont get one!!! I do not see how you set higher standards by selectively give icecream to the kids who pay, it sounds like twisting the parents arms. Teaching seems OK. Think twice and get some cash in your pocket before investing your child learning in this school.

Alazhar School 4

Posted June 23, 2010
The school is family oriented and caring. The principal, Ms. Heba Hussein, is the best principal I think I have ever met. She is diligent, compassionate, efficient, and runs the school in the most positive and professional way. The teachers are caring, communicate regarding your child' progress very well; and they are available to you whenever you have concerns or if you just want to let them know how great a job they are doing.

Posted June 29, 2009