Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

the teachers are amazing and it is easy to make friends if you have social problems and it is great school you can learn alot

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter had ADHD and has attended SSMS since 6th grade. I don't know why another parent had issues with their child, but the teachers and guidance counselors have always put her ADHD on top of everything else. I always received an annual conference to review her ADHD and assignments. Also, I went to every open house to meet her teachers at the beginning of the year and let them know personally about her and what her needs were/are. They were more than happy to accommodate them and her. My daughter graduated this year, 2015, with high honor roll in almost every report card for the last 3 years. If this school and its' teachers were so bad, trust me, my daughter would not have done so well. It's also up to the parent to teach and pay attention and be a part of their everyday lives, so... IMHO and my experience, the students who don't do well in a good school.. it has a lot to do with the parents' non involvement, sorry parents!

Can not stand this school. Worse school ever! My son has been bullied, and nothing has been done. Also he has adhd, and these people don't know where to start with that! I am taking my son elsewhere to repeat the 7th grade. Yes!!! He failed!!! This school has no clue what they are doing. Worse school ever!! The teachers will call you if your child fats in the classroom. I wish I would have read these reviews before I brought my son here.

My son has been attending Sgt Smith for over a year now. We absolutely love the school and the teachers. I see the teachers giving their all to the students and helping them achieve their best. Sgt. Smith had a wonderful music program with band, orchestra and choral being offered. Their is a medical STEM program and robotics. I recommend Sgt Smith to everyone.

My daughter has attended Smith for 2 years now and is about to enter the 8th grade. I LOVE this school! She went to Cannella Elementary which was also an excellent school (A+ when she attended). She has ADHD and both schools have accommodated her disability. I, as a parent, make no excuses for those parents who think teachers are the first and last educational "teachers". Parents are at least a third responsible for teaching their children - make sure they do their homework, go to bed at an appropriate time, etc. I know parents who let their children go to bed at 11:00pm and after! Crazy! A child needs good sleep to learn! Period! I met with all my daughters' teachers at the Open Houses, made sure they knew she has ADHD and requested she be seated in the front so she had no distractions. They all understood and did the best to accommodate her. Obviously the teachers and I are doing a great job as, in each reporting period, my daughter has received High Honor Roll. Not every child can achieve this but those children I know who have not excelled, go to sleep late, don't do proper homework and just don't care! Don't put down a good school bc not all children learn the same.

I am a very involved parent at the school and am very happy with school and its AMAZING teachers!!!! I have always had a open dialog with the teachers which has made a differnce in my childs education! I am a big beliver in holding your child accountable for his actions! If you don't turn in your homework, you shouldn't get credit! Get involved in your childs future by getting involved in your childs school at Smith and you wont be disappointed!!!

I think Smith is a much better school than the reputation it has been given by some people. I have had children there for the past 5 years and will have one there for several more years. We've seen changes through the 3 different principals, but have always had a positive experience. The kids did well on grades, FCATs and were well prepared for high school, so I find no fault with the teachers that they had. Whenever I had concerns the teachers were always willing to talk over the issues. As for bullying, never have mine experienced any form of bullying, but they have participated in school wide anti-bullying programs. Lastly the music program is without compare in the area. The three directors are passionate about their jobs and the kids. Not only can a child participate in orchestra, band or choir, but also keyboard and guitar, more than any other local middle school program.

I'm not happy with this school at all my son has attended Smith for the past 3 years. The school is in desperate need of qualified teachers to help students with learning disabilities . I have spent the last couple of years fighting with teachers and administration who are never on the same page.. If you have a child with a learning disability Don't go to Smith!!!!!

I attended 6 & 2 months of 7th grade and this school sucks, the campus is nice, the teachers are ok they don't focus so much on the education THERE IS A LOT OF BULLYING I've experienced and when you ask the administrators about it they totally ignore you I hate this school so much I go to Steinbrenner high school this is my freshman year so I recommend taking your kid to Martinez Middle School they're awesome helped me out a lot and everyone there is super nice and so is the staff! But Smith sucks truly

Teachers should teach the kids a lot more then they do at this school and certainly not give the kids the answers to make it easier on them and not helping the kids understand. I would not recommend this school.

Last modified Sergeant Paul R Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.