Posted September 10, 2014
My son has been attending Sgt Smith for over a year now. We absolutely love the school and the teachers. I see the teachers giving their all to the students and helping them achieve their best. Sgt. Smith had a wonderful music program with band, orchestra and choral being offered. Their is a medical STEM program and robotics. I recommend Sgt Smith to everyone.

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter has attended Smith for 2 years now and is about to enter the 8th grade. I LOVE this school! She went to Cannella Elementary which was also an excellent school (A+ when she attended). She has ADHD and both schools have accommodated her disability. I, as a parent, make no excuses for those parents who think teachers are the first and last educational "teachers". Parents are at least a third responsible for teaching their children - make sure they do their homework, go to bed at an appropriate time, etc. I know parents who let their children go to bed at 11:00pm and after! Crazy! A child needs good sleep to learn! Period! I met with all my daughters' teachers at the Open Houses, made sure they knew she has ADHD and requested she be seated in the front so she had no distractions. They all understood and did the best to accommodate her. Obviously the teachers and I are doing a great job as, in each reporting period, my daughter has received High Honor Roll. Not every child can achieve this but those children I know who have not excelled, go to sleep late, don't do proper homework and just don't care! Don't put down a good school bc not all children learn the same.

Posted August 12, 2014
I am a very involved parent at the school and am very happy with school and its AMAZING teachers!!!! I have always had a open dialog with the teachers which has made a differnce in my childs education! I am a big beliver in holding your child accountable for his actions! If you don't turn in your homework, you shouldn't get credit! Get involved in your childs future by getting involved in your childs school at Smith and you wont be disappointed!!!

Posted August 12, 2014
I think Smith is a much better school than the reputation it has been given by some people. I have had children there for the past 5 years and will have one there for several more years. We've seen changes through the 3 different principals, but have always had a positive experience. The kids did well on grades, FCATs and were well prepared for high school, so I find no fault with the teachers that they had. Whenever I had concerns the teachers were always willing to talk over the issues. As for bullying, never have mine experienced any form of bullying, but they have participated in school wide anti-bullying programs. Lastly the music program is without compare in the area. The three directors are passionate about their jobs and the kids. Not only can a child participate in orchestra, band or choir, but also keyboard and guitar, more than any other local middle school program.

Posted June 22, 2014
I'm not happy with this school at all my son has attended Smith for the past 3 years. The school is in desperate need of qualified teachers to help students with learning disabilities . I have spent the last couple of years fighting with teachers and administration who are never on the same page.. If you have a child with a learning disability Don't go to Smith!!!!!

Posted May 24, 2014
I attended 6 & 2 months of 7th grade and this school sucks, the campus is nice, the teachers are ok they don't focus so much on the education THERE IS A LOT OF BULLYING I've experienced and when you ask the administrators about it they totally ignore you I hate this school so much I go to Steinbrenner high school this is my freshman year so I recommend taking your kid to Martinez Middle School they're awesome helped me out a lot and everyone there is super nice and so is the staff! But Smith sucks truly

Posted April 07, 2014
Teachers should teach the kids a lot more then they do at this school and certainly not give the kids the answers to make it easier on them and not helping the kids understand. I would not recommend this school.

Sergeant Paul R Smith Middle School 2

Posted February 27, 2014
I'm not happy with this school at all. They have fought me from day one on getting my child the extra help needed. All of a sudden it's an issue for the teachers when I've been saying it all along. It's a joke really. Not only did the language arts teacher tell me that it's my job to correct grammar but gave me some websites to help. What is she there for then? I'd have better luck sitting my child in front of a computer!

Posted February 10, 2013
My daughter is in the seventh grade at Sergeant Smith. We have never really had a problem until this year. It seams her Spanish teacher is giving her and a few other students a hard time. I would have never taken this seriously if I hadn't heard this from other students and parents. One bad apple shouldn't spoil the whole reputation of this great school. Something really needs to be done about this teacher......

Posted August 10, 2012
I am a disable person, and have call this school several time, asking to help me with some used uniforms for my son, he wanted to attent smith, we live on a very limited income of 671 dollars a month for a family of 6, I do not ask for handout, i am not a beger, it was destiny that trow a curve at my health, i have a brain tumors 2 an going thru radio therapy, my son will not attent schooll this year, i cant blame the people at sargent smith, they probably do not have any uniform to donate, but they at lease could call an tell me that.

Sergeant Paul R Smith Middle School
14303 Citrus Pointe Drive, Tampa, FL  33625
Last modified Sergeant Paul R Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sergeant Paul R Smith Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top