Posted October 29, 2012
A.T. Jones closed down on July 17, 2012 due to financial mismanagement. Parents were notified on July 19, just 3 weeks before the first day of school.

Posted May 01, 2012
I am so very pleased with the education my daughter has received at A.T. Jones Academy. Not only is she able to read and write, spell, add and subtract, she applies science concepts to her everyday life. She informed me when I made a "physical change" (her words) to a piece of paper by crumpling it up. She also noted "cause and effect" when by playing ball in the house it accidently broke her toy. She also tells me about the author's purpose (text to world, text to text or text to self) as she encounters it. I am blown away by the wealth of knowledge she has accumulated in just 1 year at A.T. Jones. She is only in Kindergarten!! Not only does she know it, she knows when to apply it. It is forward-thinking of the school to introduce these concepts to the scholars so by the time FCAT comes around, all these concepts will be second nature. All the lab directors (teachers) I have interacted with at the school have been wonderful! Choosing A.T. Jones Academy for my daughter's education was clearly the best decision I could have made!!

Posted April 20, 2012
I happened upon AT Jones Academy while researching options for my incoming kindergartener and opted to give the new charter the benefit of the doubt based on the teaching and technology I witnessed while touring the campus despite some negative press. I have no regrets. There were growing pains & issues that could've been handled differently at the beginning of the year, however I feel those issues were handled in a professional manner and as a result, I'm quite pleased with the progress my kindergartner has been making and of the Principal/Staff's ability to answer questions and concerns in a timely manner. When compared to other district elementary schools, where else will you find gourmet catered lunches, iPads, iMacs & Smart Boards in every class room, as well as 30 min of P.E. , Technology and Mandarin instruction? The biggest draw for me besides the technology is the school's willingness to encourage a child to excel and allowing grade lines to be crossed as needed to allow that to happen. I'm extremely happy with AT Jones Academy and look forward to both of my children attending.

Posted March 22, 2012
My children have been going to this school since last year and it is wonderful. The principal is truly vested in these kids education. Good use of technology, all the teachers are very easy to access. It is a great small school feel where everybody know your name!

A T Jones Math Science And Technology Academy 1

Posted February 16, 2012
The school is losing teachers and shuffling children from those classes into other classes. One teacher left and was replaced by a para-professional without a teaching degree. When she stopped coming to work they broke up that class and sent kids to other teachers. The principal does not appreciate questions. Her response to my questions about the teachers leaving was, "why are you questioning me now?" I'm very concerned about the education of the children being shuffled around, the lack of curriculum. The children are "taught" Mandarin and cannot speak a word of it. Go elsewhere.

Posted February 10, 2012
Dedicated, visionary principal with exceptional leadership. Strong academic focus with nice extras like lessons in Chinese language, basic finance, and chess. Strong focus on use of tech - iPads, PCs, smart boards, etc. Lots of opportunities for creative art projects. Web sites for homework, videos of activities, and insight into lessons. Responsive and invested teachers.

Posted February 07, 2012
My daughter is in Kindergarten & enjoys school. I wasn't sure if this school could achieve a focus on reading, writing, foreign language/culture & other subjects (even creative). But, it certainly does! It's not for everyone. Students wear uniforms, parents are expected to be involved, volunteer hours required, discipline issues are not allowed, no early release. It's a strict, but caring environment. Students are taught to respect one another, & their world. I have had many interactions with the principal in the past year, & she has been responsive & honest every time. (even when it makes her job difficult or is not what people want to hear) Its a new school, that's had some growing pains. But, decisions are made with parent input, & the mission is different than most. Every week students are recognized for outstanding work, some kids present what they learned & everyone receives an update from the principal. The teachers we've had always welcome parents in class to volunteer or participate in "fun" events. Lastly, I love that my D eats lunch with only her grade level, has P E daily, & their tech-enabled car line is efficient for pick up! My other children will attend this school.

Posted February 03, 2012
My oldest daughter has been going to A T Jones since it open and she has made great friends and has learned more than she did in regular public school. It is a private like setting school without the high cost. The teachers there are wonderful and you get to know them on a personal level. I totally recommend this school.

Posted December 31, 2011
I think my kid learns a lot more than a regular public school. Beside the basic Math, Science and English, she enjoys to have Chinese, P.E., and technology lessons there everyday. I noticed she even sings in the shower in Chinese sometimes, lol

A T Jones Math Science And Technology Academy 4

Posted August 18, 2011
There are a lot of positives about the school. Our daughter was very happy at the school, and she learned much more then she would have at a public school. There are some communication issues, the school is new and the office is understaffed, but I think that the school has the potential to be great this year.

A T Jones Math Science And Technology Academy
4903 Ehrlich Rd, Tampa, FL  33624
Last modified A T Jones Math Science And Technology Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5
A T Jones Math Science And Technology Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top