856 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

This school has the most amazing faculty and staff! They truly care about the well being of each and every student. There is a wonderful sense of community and family at this school that transcends to the home. The curriculum is outstanding and carefully structured for every level learner. And I can't say enough about the incredible extracurricular programs that are available such as music, art, sports and so many clubs to appeal to all different types of interests. I LOVE this school!

There isn't enough space to say all the wonderful things about this school. No it's not perfect, but no school is. It's our first year here (daughter in 1st grade) and love it!! From the moment you walk thru the front doors you feel like family. Mrs. Holt the principle is amazing, she is so kind and very attentive to the students and parents. You can tell she really is listening to you. The teachers go above and beyond for every kid. You can tell it's more than just a job for them. My daughters teacher challenges her and pushes her to be and do the best she can. Their gifted teachers are spectacular! While the lunch room is very loud the kids love every moment. There seems to always be something extract going on for the kids to participate in. And the PTA is extremely involved which is wonderful to see. I volunteer at the school often and even see other community members volunteering at the school that no longer have kids there. While age is just a number, grades are just a letter. The school is an A+ in my book.

My family and I recently relocated from California where my son attended a bilingual private school. Needless to say, the academic standards were quite high. Upon purchasing our home in Hunters Green, I called the school to discuss its rating compared to other New Tampa elementary schools. I have taught for 18 years, and understand test scores are not the "end all, be all" of the quality of education a school has to offer. I was pleasantly surprised when Mrs. Holt, the school principal was willing to take one hour out of her day to speak with me over the phone! Moreover, she welcomed my son and I into her school during the summer once we arrived in FL for a tour and some time with her in her office to answer any questions we may have. We received a warm welcome by Mrs. Holt and the office staff, and I felt quite comfortable with our decision to send our son to HGE. This is not to say I wasn't worried about my son adjusting to a new school (7 times the size of his previous one), new friends, and new teachers. However, I was relieved and so very happy when I dropped him off for his first day. He was welcomed by his teacher, who consistently has a smile on her face and demonstrates her passion for teaching daily, and he has never had an issue returning. In fact, he has been known to wake up early and get ready for school because he "can't wait to go." As parents, we find it crucial that our child is happy, respectful and respected, and enjoys the learning process. It appears this will be a wonderful fit for him! Now, I do have to agree with a previous post. After spending years teaching elementary aged children, I have learned it is imperative to any child's success that the parents are involved in their child's education. HGE welcomes and promotes parent involvement in many ways, and they communicate with families regularly to allow parents the opportunity to engage with their children about what is going on during their days. We have greatly appreciated this as well. So far, I am more than impressed. I highly encourage anyone who is "on the fence" about HGE to call and schedule a tour. You will not be disappointed in the apparent dedication this group of educators has towards their students. I'm so incredibly glad I made that phone call instead of a quick judgement call.

We love this school, their staff, teachers and administration. We transferred our children here after a very negative experience at another local school with our child who needed some ESE services. This school has been nothing short of amazing to both our children and us as parents. They sincerely care and are dedicated to giving each child the best learning environment possible. They realize the importance to work as a team with each other and parents. It is very clear they care about their students and love their jobs, they are the best!

My son has learned alot since he started in Hunter's green. And he love going to school

Hunter's Green is a great school in a great community. There have been several negative comments about it and a lot of untruths. As with any school, it is not just the teachers, staff and principals that make the school, it is the community and the parents whose students attend. All schools will have some kids who are bullys. This has been happening since the beginning of all schools. The staff/teachers need to recognize and correct it. Parents need to work closely with the teachers and if there are issues, get them corrected. As much as every parent would like to think their child is perfect, its just not the case. There are two sides to every story. Let's continue to build this school up away from the negativity.

My daughter is currently in Kindergarten at HG. At first I was very excited especially when I was told at registration she would be in the class of one of the best teachers. I do not like the way her teacher runs the class. She has a selected few child which are her "favorites", of course the children of other teachers, previous families, and employees at Hunter's Green. It is very obvious to the parents as they are the ones ahead in class. I wish I had another option. Staff has been very nice otherwise. I have been to a few events which were very nicely organized for the children. My new neighbors started their daughter in 2nd grade and they love it, I assume it all depends on the teacher you have the experience with. If you have another option go for it.

My son has attended kindergarten and now in 1st grade at HG and we love this school! The teachers and staff are amazing! They truly care about the kids. It's amazing how much he is learning. I live in the area and I was nervous at first to send him to this school after what I read but I'm so happy we gave it a chance. Our other son will be starting this school next year as well. It's a great school! Maybe if the community started sending their children to HG then maybe we would not have room for kids outside the community. Give this school a chance and you will love it.

We love Hunter's Green- as residents, it is so nice to be at our community school! The New Principal, Mrs. Holt is amazing and came in a few months ago and has definitely made it clear she cares about the HG family! She has worked hard to improve all aspects of this school. I have both a 3rd and 5th grader and am very happy with their education at HG, we even left for a while to attend a Charter school and have returned for so many reasons-the AGP program is fantastic, the PE teachers are enthusiastic, the Performing Arts at this school is taken seriously, Noble Impact is strong and provides growth for student leaders, the PTA has spirit. The staff goes beyond and above to make ALL families feel welcome and appreciated! Thanks HG for taking care of my daughters!!

This is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers & a diverse enrollment. Children are safe and loved and are being educated by teachers who truly care about the whole child. Administration is fair and consistent no matter the socio economic status of the child.

Last modified Hunter's Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.