856 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)

Posted September 08, 2015
My family and I recently relocated from California where my son attended a bilingual private school. Needless to say, the academic standards were quite high. Upon purchasing our home in Hunters Green, I called the school to discuss its rating compared to other New Tampa elementary schools. I have taught for 18 years, and understand test scores are not the "end all, be all" of the quality of education a school has to offer. I was pleasantly surprised when Mrs. Holt, the school principal was willing to take one hour out of her day to speak with me over the phone! Moreover, she welcomed my son and I into her school during the summer once we arrived in FL for a tour and some time with her in her office to answer any questions we may have. We received a warm welcome by Mrs. Holt and the office staff, and I felt quite comfortable with our decision to send our son to HGE. This is not to say I wasn't worried about my son adjusting to a new school (7 times the size of his previous one), new friends, and new teachers. However, I was relieved and so very happy when I dropped him off for his first day. He was welcomed by his teacher, who consistently has a smile on her face and demonstrates her passion for teaching daily, and he has never had an issue returning. In fact, he has been known to wake up early and get ready for school because he "can't wait to go." As parents, we find it crucial that our child is happy, respectful and respected, and enjoys the learning process. It appears this will be a wonderful fit for him! Now, I do have to agree with a previous post. After spending years teaching elementary aged children, I have learned it is imperative to any child's success that the parents are involved in their child's education. HGE welcomes and promotes parent involvement in many ways, and they communicate with families regularly to allow parents the opportunity to engage with their children about what is going on during their days. We have greatly appreciated this as well. So far, I am more than impressed. I highly encourage anyone who is "on the fence" about HGE to call and schedule a tour. You will not be disappointed in the apparent dedication this group of educators has towards their students. I'm so incredibly glad I made that phone call instead of a quick judgement call.

Posted September 08, 2015
We love this school, their staff, teachers and administration. We transferred our children here after a very negative experience at another local school with our child who needed some ESE services. This school has been nothing short of amazing to both our children and us as parents. They sincerely care and are dedicated to giving each child the best learning environment possible. They realize the importance to work as a team with each other and parents. It is very clear they care about their students and love their jobs, they are the best!

Posted September 01, 2015
My son has learned alot since he started in Hunter's green. And he love going to school

Hunter's Green Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2015
Hunter's Green is a great school in a great community. There have been several negative comments about it and a lot of untruths. As with any school, it is not just the teachers, staff and principals that make the school, it is the community and the parents whose students attend. All schools will have some kids who are bullys. This has been happening since the beginning of all schools. The staff/teachers need to recognize and correct it. Parents need to work closely with the teachers and if there are issues, get them corrected. As much as every parent would like to think their child is perfect, its just not the case. There are two sides to every story. Let's continue to build this school up away from the negativity.

Hunter's Green Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2015
My daughter is currently in Kindergarten at HG. At first I was very excited especially when I was told at registration she would be in the class of one of the best teachers. I do not like the way her teacher runs the class. She has a selected few child which are her "favorites", of course the children of other teachers, previous families, and employees at Hunter's Green. It is very obvious to the parents as they are the ones ahead in class. I wish I had another option. Staff has been very nice otherwise. I have been to a few events which were very nicely organized for the children. My new neighbors started their daughter in 2nd grade and they love it, I assume it all depends on the teacher you have the experience with. If you have another option go for it.

Posted January 13, 2015
My son has attended kindergarten and now in 1st grade at HG and we love this school! The teachers and staff are amazing! They truly care about the kids. It's amazing how much he is learning. I live in the area and I was nervous at first to send him to this school after what I read but I'm so happy we gave it a chance. Our other son will be starting this school next year as well. It's a great school! Maybe if the community started sending their children to HG then maybe we would not have room for kids outside the community. Give this school a chance and you will love it.

Posted December 09, 2014
We love Hunter's Green- as residents, it is so nice to be at our community school! The New Principal, Mrs. Holt is amazing and came in a few months ago and has definitely made it clear she cares about the HG family! She has worked hard to improve all aspects of this school. I have both a 3rd and 5th grader and am very happy with their education at HG, we even left for a while to attend a Charter school and have returned for so many reasons-the AGP program is fantastic, the PE teachers are enthusiastic, the Performing Arts at this school is taken seriously, Noble Impact is strong and provides growth for student leaders, the PTA has spirit. The staff goes beyond and above to make ALL families feel welcome and appreciated! Thanks HG for taking care of my daughters!!

Posted October 15, 2014
This is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers & a diverse enrollment. Children are safe and loved and are being educated by teachers who truly care about the whole child. Administration is fair and consistent no matter the socio economic status of the child.

Posted September 05, 2014
The administration and teachers truly care about the welfare of each and every individual child. Dedication and passion is second to none.

Posted August 23, 2014
When you truly get to know the staff at this school you will find that they work so hard and truly care for ALL the students at their school. When you get involved in the gossip train, you will hear nothing but negativity. While our school has had it's downs, it's the dedicated teachers and parents who keep the positivity and faith in each other that rise up above the rest. It's true numbers don't lie, (we've raised our grade to a B this year, by the way) but the other low reviews are pure gossip/rumors/done out of spite. HGE rocks, come see for yourself before believing every negative thing you read on the Internet!!

Hunter's Green Elementary School
9202 Highland Oak Drive, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Hunter's Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter's Green Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top