Posted September 01, 2015
My son has learned alot since he started in Hunter's green. And he love going to school

Hunter's Green Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2015
Hunter's Green is a great school in a great community. There have been several negative comments about it and a lot of untruths. As with any school, it is not just the teachers, staff and principals that make the school, it is the community and the parents whose students attend. All schools will have some kids who are bullys. This has been happening since the beginning of all schools. The staff/teachers need to recognize and correct it. Parents need to work closely with the teachers and if there are issues, get them corrected. As much as every parent would like to think their child is perfect, its just not the case. There are two sides to every story. Let's continue to build this school up away from the negativity.

Posted January 20, 2015
My daughter is currently in Kindergarten at HG. At first I was very excited especially when I was told at registration she would be in the class of one of the best teachers. I do not like the way her teacher runs the class. She has a selected few child which are her "favorites", of course the children of other teachers, previous families, and employees at Hunter's Green. It is very obvious to the parents as they are the ones ahead in class. I wish I had another option. Staff has been very nice otherwise. I have been to a few events which were very nicely organized for the children. My new neighbors started their daughter in 2nd grade and they love it, I assume it all depends on the teacher you have the experience with. If you have another option go for it.

Posted January 13, 2015
My son has attended kindergarten and now in 1st grade at HG and we love this school! The teachers and staff are amazing! They truly care about the kids. It's amazing how much he is learning. I live in the area and I was nervous at first to send him to this school after what I read but I'm so happy we gave it a chance. Our other son will be starting this school next year as well. It's a great school! Maybe if the community started sending their children to HG then maybe we would not have room for kids outside the community. Give this school a chance and you will love it.

Posted December 09, 2014
We love Hunter's Green- as residents, it is so nice to be at our community school! The New Principal, Mrs. Holt is amazing and came in a few months ago and has definitely made it clear she cares about the HG family! She has worked hard to improve all aspects of this school. I have both a 3rd and 5th grader and am very happy with their education at HG, we even left for a while to attend a Charter school and have returned for so many reasons-the AGP program is fantastic, the PE teachers are enthusiastic, the Performing Arts at this school is taken seriously, Noble Impact is strong and provides growth for student leaders, the PTA has spirit. The staff goes beyond and above to make ALL families feel welcome and appreciated! Thanks HG for taking care of my daughters!!

Posted October 15, 2014
This is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers & a diverse enrollment. Children are safe and loved and are being educated by teachers who truly care about the whole child. Administration is fair and consistent no matter the socio economic status of the child.

Posted September 20, 2014
My daughter started school this year 2nd grade. At first I was so pleased being that the area was very nice. Of course I hadn't read any of the reviews at the time. She was only there a month before me and my husband bought our home in Lutz, and quickly moved our daughter away from there. She was bullied on a daily basis and when I confronted the front office of the problem they did absolutely nothing about it! I love my children very much, and hearing so much these days about the danger for chidren who get bullied, we desided that the quickest way to get rid of the problem was to move. I don't recommend that any one send their child to this school, unless you dont mind your child attending school with little drug dealers, gang bangers, in training. They have allowed the whole usf area, and suit case city to take over this school, and yet we pay taxes to help build this school, and our childrdn are getting bullied by them! Not to mention, that we also have to be okay with them living of public assistance, we end up paying for that as well!

Posted September 05, 2014
The administration and teachers truly care about the welfare of each and every individual child. Dedication and passion is second to none.

Posted August 23, 2014
When you truly get to know the staff at this school you will find that they work so hard and truly care for ALL the students at their school. When you get involved in the gossip train, you will hear nothing but negativity. While our school has had it's downs, it's the dedicated teachers and parents who keep the positivity and faith in each other that rise up above the rest. It's true numbers don't lie, (we've raised our grade to a B this year, by the way) but the other low reviews are pure gossip/rumors/done out of spite. HGE rocks, come see for yourself before believing every negative thing you read on the Internet!!

Posted May 20, 2014
HGE- I am extremely disappointed :( Found my dream home, however after looking at the scores and the reviews we have decided not move our family to this area. Stinks!!! Get it together guys.. P.S. We will visit in person to get a final feel but I'm completely turned off.

Hunter's Green Elementary School
9202 Highland Oak Drive, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Hunter's Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter's Green Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top