Posted October 15, 2014
This is a wonderful school with dedicated teachers & a diverse enrollment. Children are safe and loved and are being educated by teachers who truly care about the whole child. Administration is fair and consistent no matter the socio economic status of the child.

Posted September 20, 2014
My daughter started school this year 2nd grade. At first I was so pleased being that the area was very nice. Of course I hadn't read any of the reviews at the time. She was only there a month before me and my husband bought our home in Lutz, and quickly moved our daughter away from there. She was bullied on a daily basis and when I confronted the front office of the problem they did absolutely nothing about it! I love my children very much, and hearing so much these days about the danger for chidren who get bullied, we desided that the quickest way to get rid of the problem was to move. I don't recommend that any one send their child to this school, unless you dont mind your child attending school with little drug dealers, gang bangers, in training. They have allowed the whole usf area, and suit case city to take over this school, and yet we pay taxes to help build this school, and our childrdn are getting bullied by them! Not to mention, that we also have to be okay with them living of public assistance, we end up paying for that as well!

Posted September 05, 2014
The administration and teachers truly care about the welfare of each and every individual child. Dedication and passion is second to none.

Posted August 23, 2014
When you truly get to know the staff at this school you will find that they work so hard and truly care for ALL the students at their school. When you get involved in the gossip train, you will hear nothing but negativity. While our school has had it's downs, it's the dedicated teachers and parents who keep the positivity and faith in each other that rise up above the rest. It's true numbers don't lie, (we've raised our grade to a B this year, by the way) but the other low reviews are pure gossip/rumors/done out of spite. HGE rocks, come see for yourself before believing every negative thing you read on the Internet!!

Posted May 20, 2014
HGE- I am extremely disappointed :( Found my dream home, however after looking at the scores and the reviews we have decided not move our family to this area. Stinks!!! Get it together guys.. P.S. We will visit in person to get a final feel but I'm completely turned off.

Posted April 14, 2014
The school has big problems. One positive is Coach Harris. He is respected by parents and students and is the one bright spot at the school. My kids love him. Coach Harris is the best teacher at HGE.

Posted March 17, 2014
About social dynamics: My son goes to this school and we live around the corner so we frequently walk home. One day on the way home he points to a tree and tells me it's like the tattle tree. That's confusing to me, so I ask him what he means. He is in first grade this year. He tells me he and some other kids were playing tackle football at recess and he ended up in the bottom of a dog pile with another boy. When everyone was getting up one of the other boys punched him hard in the arm. He told his teacher what was going on, she and another were on the playground supervising, and the other teacher (NOT his) told him to go tell a tree. I asked if kids are permitted to play tackle football because that's a pretty rough sport and they had not helmets or gear and he told me no, they could play touch or flag, but they play tackle at recess anyway. So here is my confusion: while SUPERVISING the class, my son's teacher and a colleague allowed them to play a rough sport without protection and when someone got hurt the solution was to tell a tree. I asked him what the tree did about it, he said nothing, looking as disappointed as I felt. This is not unusual, this is typical.

Posted February 16, 2014
HG is not a community school. Before you send your child here look at the school boundaries. Be aware that due to the zones, a large number of disadvantaged children are bussed in from the USF area. These children need a lot of attention and help. That means there will be less help for your child. This rezoning policy has resulted in the school dropping from it's grade A which it had for over ten years, to a C which it is now. The school is unlikely to become an A school again any time in the near future until the zoning issue is addressed. Hunter's Green families no longer send their children there due to these issues. And it doesn't matter how many times the PTA and the staff post five star ratings on this web page - it won't change the facts. The school board needs to remember they are elected and do something about this school as soon as possible.

Posted September 15, 2013
Did you know that despite increasingly difficult measures imposed by the state, our lowest quartile FCAT scores in math improved by 30% this year? :0) GO HUNTER'S GREEN TEACHERS AND STUDENTS!

Posted August 27, 2013
I'm super excited to say my son is really enjoying school starting out this year! We moved into Hunter's Green district this year and I was worried based on the mixed reviews. It has already been a 180 turn around from last year. I will rewrite my review at the end of the year to see if my opinion has changed. So far I'm happy to see my child happy and learning!

Hunter's Green Elementary School
9202 Highland Oak Drive, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Hunter's Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter's Green Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top