Posted September 25, 2014
I just wanted to say we had a great experience at Lowry while we attended there my oldest son was in the ASD program. All his teachers he had while attending there for almost 4 years were fantastic. They all work with him and his needs. The staff was always friendly with us when I had to pick up my son for his therapy sessions. If we hadn't moved out of hillsbourgh I would have had my other two boys attend Lowry too.

Posted January 24, 2014
I need to respond to the comments by the last poster. The parent who posted the negativity 7 years later and without ever discussing the issue with her directly really is unfair. Mrs. Molinaro is the type of Kindergarten teacher you HOPE your child will get. If you have a concern you should always talk to your teacher or the principal. Mrs. Molinaro is an exceptional teacher. She brings energy and ethusiasm to her class every day. She is very welcoming as well. If this parent didn't talk to her openly then shame on her. It frustrates me so much to see an amazing teacher slandered like this. If you child is entering Kindergarten next year and you get her you are VERY LUCKY. The kindergarten teachers at Lowry really care about their kids as a team. It's an excellent school.

Posted November 05, 2013
I have just placed my third child in Lowry. My oldest daughter started there in 2005. My daughter, who is now in middle school, is in all advanced honors classes and in 1st grade my son was recommended for the gifted program by his teacher. The guidance counsellor called me at home to go over his results! I then met with the school psychologist and gifted teacher to go over everything that the gifted program entails. I have been very happy with the school and the progress my children have made. Whenever I have had an issue, it has been dealt with immediately. They have a great PTA which is very involved. I love the diversity of the school, after all, isn't this what our world is made up of. Believe me, if I wasn't satisfied with my children's progress, they would have been pulled from the school immediately.

Posted October 29, 2013
Very disappointed with this school, we removed our child three weeks after school started and put them in a charter Scool and we live right around the corner. We had a parent/teacher conference and was told our child had a focusing problem and see our pediatrician. I called the school nurse for an evaluation and the school nurse said to skip the pediatrician and see a neurologist and put him i mess, NO JOKE!! Now he has never been in trouble of which required intervention, seen the principal, nor was denoted prior to having issues, he is 10. I suggested that the teacher perhaps was not the right fit which she was offended by clearly. We interviewed a fabulous charter school, met the teachers, and he is in the school doing well, in fact all a's and one c in reading of which the current teacher said not to worry he had to get used to get strategies. I asked her if she noted any problems requiring intervention and said ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Posted September 29, 2013
Lowry the school has nothing to do with being good or bad, it is the teachers and administrators that run it. All that the administrators seem to be doing is eat pizza at the conf room. Every time I had gone to pick up my kids early that is where they were. Someone mentioned bullying, I agree a lot went on in there and nobody cared even after things were reported.My kids were excellent students throughout their life and teachers at lowry had no hand in it. Their academic and extracurricular performance enhanced three folds after they got out of that school. Lowry has no website that can be labeled as being recent or correctly updated. Anyway writing about Lowry's condition is also wastage of my time. I am glad it is over for me.

Posted September 26, 2013
Lowry is an EXCELLENT school. We like all the teachers we have encountered and the admistration staff at the front desk is excellent and very welcoming. My daughter has done very well at Lowry and is very happy there. For Kindergarten she had an absolutely wonderful teacher. We could not have asked for a better kindergarten experience. Her first grade teacher also seems very good and within the first month of school has quickly pinpointed my daughter's strengths and weaknesses. As a parent this is important to me as I think its very important for teachers to know the children as individuals. My daughter has just started the gifted program and I was quite impressed with how thorough the program appears to be, especiall in the upper grades. I know my child will be challenged and that is terrific! My only 'Lowry wish' is that parent participation was encouraged by the administration after kindergarten. As a parent who loved helping this has been hard to get used to.

Posted June 27, 2012
My daughter was lucky to spend 3 years at Lowry. The teachers were fantastic - caring, bright & committed. Mrs. White, Mrs, Zaritsky & Mrs. Jahosky are just awesome & will be much missed. Overall, a wonderful experience. A great school !

Posted November 29, 2011
Lowry is an awesome school. My kids had great teachers. Mrs. White in Kindergarten and Ms. Washington in 2nd grade. Great band program, drum corps, & chorus. Art & PE teachers wonderful. PTA does many positive things for our children and help to raise so much money for the school. We are stationed elsewhere now, but hope to come back, so atleast son can finish elementary here. We miss it!

Posted November 20, 2011
This is our child's first year at Lowry. We, too, were a bit timid to try public school. So far we are most impressed with our child's kindergarten teacher, Ms. Apgar. She is very patient with the kids, very dedicated and is on her game. Any problems that pop up in the classroom are addressed immediately and sensitively. Our child is excited to go to school everyday and excited about learning, and we attribute that to the teacher. We're not as impressed with other areas of the school, most notably the PTA and other regular parent-led committees we've joined. While we realize these are volunteer committees, meetings are extremely disorganized and leaders aren't particularly patient with parents who have questions. We've found this very disappointing because we've wanted to be actively involved.

Posted June 03, 2011
As a Staff Member at Lowry, this school suffers from many poor teachers, and administration. I am basing this on complaints from Parents, and the Mediocrity that persist. Lowry is not a Kid friendly school. Try Westchase or other schools in this district. I give Lowry a F+ .

Lowry Elementary School
11505 Country Hollow Drive, Tampa, FL  33635
Last modified Lowry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top