Tampa, FL

Posted February 25, 2015
1st, why couldnt i put 0 stars also this school was horrible when i went here i was here for 4th and 5th grade (im in 8th grade now) and it SUCKED like seriously the teachers were horrible, they didnt know how to keep control of the children and they didnt really even teach you anything, after i moved i was in so much summer school because i didnt understand anything they taught us, And i was a straight A student and always got 90 and above on my tests 0/10 bad school

Posted September 25, 2014
I just wanted to say we had a great experience at Lowry while we attended there my oldest son was in the ASD program. All his teachers he had while attending there for almost 4 years were fantastic. They all work with him and his needs. The staff was always friendly with us when I had to pick up my son for his therapy sessions. If we hadn't moved out of hillsbourgh I would have had my other two boys attend Lowry too.

Posted June 26, 2014
I was a student at Lowry and it was the best school I have ever studied at

Posted January 24, 2014
I need to respond to the comments by the last poster. The parent who posted the negativity 7 years later and without ever discussing the issue with her directly really is unfair. Mrs. Molinaro is the type of Kindergarten teacher you HOPE your child will get. If you have a concern you should always talk to your teacher or the principal. Mrs. Molinaro is an exceptional teacher. She brings energy and ethusiasm to her class every day. She is very welcoming as well. If this parent didn't talk to her openly then shame on her. It frustrates me so much to see an amazing teacher slandered like this. If you child is entering Kindergarten next year and you get her you are VERY LUCKY. The kindergarten teachers at Lowry really care about their kids as a team. It's an excellent school.

Posted January 02, 2014
My daughter is in her third year at Lowry and we are very pleased with the school. Every teacher has been outstanding. They are so involved with each individual child and their interests. Her kindergarten teacher came to her soccer game, her first grade teacher came to her cheerleading competition and was at every birthday party that we attended for her for her classmates; she even came to my daughter's summer birthday party. Many of the teachers join the kids at school skate nights and even take turns serving ice cream to the kids at Carvel for the PTA fundraisers. When it comes to communication, our teachers have all been prompt in addressing any questions or concerns. The office personnel is very friendly and helpful. Anytime I've been to the school, the kids are happy and the teachers and administrators all seem to know each child. The P.E. coaches seem to be loved by all the kids as well. I've never been put off or ignored when I've asked to meet with a teacher. Ms. Henriquez (1st grade) is an absolute saint and helped me through a tough time while my daughter was going through ADHD and other disability diagnosis process. Our experience has been nothing but positive and great!

Lowry Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2013
I have just placed my third child in Lowry. My oldest daughter started there in 2005. My daughter, who is now in middle school, is in all advanced honors classes and in 1st grade my son was recommended for the gifted program by his teacher. The guidance counsellor called me at home to go over his results! I then met with the school psychologist and gifted teacher to go over everything that the gifted program entails. I have been very happy with the school and the progress my children have made. Whenever I have had an issue, it has been dealt with immediately. They have a great PTA which is very involved. I love the diversity of the school, after all, isn't this what our world is made up of. Believe me, if I wasn't satisfied with my children's progress, they would have been pulled from the school immediately.

Posted October 29, 2013
Very disappointed with this school, we removed our child three weeks after school started and put them in a charter Scool and we live right around the corner. We had a parent/teacher conference and was told our child had a focusing problem and see our pediatrician. I called the school nurse for an evaluation and the school nurse said to skip the pediatrician and see a neurologist and put him i mess, NO JOKE!! Now he has never been in trouble of which required intervention, seen the principal, nor was denoted prior to having issues, he is 10. I suggested that the teacher perhaps was not the right fit which she was offended by clearly. We interviewed a fabulous charter school, met the teachers, and he is in the school doing well, in fact all a's and one c in reading of which the current teacher said not to worry he had to get used to get strategies. I asked her if she noted any problems requiring intervention and said ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Posted September 29, 2013
Lowry the school has nothing to do with being good or bad, it is the teachers and administrators that run it. All that the administrators seem to be doing is eat pizza at the conf room. Every time I had gone to pick up my kids early that is where they were. Someone mentioned bullying, I agree a lot went on in there and nobody cared even after things were reported.My kids were excellent students throughout their life and teachers at lowry had no hand in it. Their academic and extracurricular performance enhanced three folds after they got out of that school. Lowry has no website that can be labeled as being recent or correctly updated. Anyway writing about Lowry's condition is also wastage of my time. I am glad it is over for me.

Posted September 26, 2013
Lowry is an EXCELLENT school. We like all the teachers we have encountered and the admistration staff at the front desk is excellent and very welcoming. My daughter has done very well at Lowry and is very happy there. For Kindergarten she had an absolutely wonderful teacher. We could not have asked for a better kindergarten experience. Her first grade teacher also seems very good and within the first month of school has quickly pinpointed my daughter's strengths and weaknesses. As a parent this is important to me as I think its very important for teachers to know the children as individuals. My daughter has just started the gifted program and I was quite impressed with how thorough the program appears to be, especiall in the upper grades. I know my child will be challenged and that is terrific! My only 'Lowry wish' is that parent participation was encouraged by the administration after kindergarten. As a parent who loved helping this has been hard to get used to.

Lowry Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2012
My daughter was lucky to spend 3 years at Lowry. The teachers were fantastic - caring, bright & committed. Mrs. White, Mrs, Zaritsky & Mrs. Jahosky are just awesome & will be much missed. Overall, a wonderful experience. A great school !

Lowry Elementary School
11505 Country Hollow Drive, Tampa, FL  33635
Last modified Lowry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lowry Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top