834 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students have great manners. When I visit the school, students show great manners and respect their teachers

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Always happy and ready for a talk if you need it

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is often done on apps. It is fun for the kids and they do great in national tests so it must be teaching them too

Best school in Tampa. Teachers are talented, dedicated, friendly and the whole atmosphere is nurturing and accepting. Great staff and great kids. The chorus puts up amazing musicals. It's a privilege for kids to be taught here

I've been with Lowry since 2008. I LOVE IT! The best staff, family enviornment, very caring all around. I would recommend to anyone that asked for my thoughts!!

1st, why couldnt i put 0 stars also this school was horrible when i went here i was here for 4th and 5th grade (im in 8th grade now) and it SUCKED like seriously the teachers were horrible, they didnt know how to keep control of the children and they didnt really even teach you anything, after i moved i was in so much summer school because i didnt understand anything they taught us, And i was a straight A student and always got 90 and above on my tests 0/10 bad school

I just wanted to say we had a great experience at Lowry while we attended there my oldest son was in the ASD program. All his teachers he had while attending there for almost 4 years were fantastic. They all work with him and his needs. The staff was always friendly with us when I had to pick up my son for his therapy sessions. If we hadn't moved out of hillsbourgh I would have had my other two boys attend Lowry too.

I was a student at Lowry and it was the best school I have ever studied at

I need to respond to the comments by the last poster. The parent who posted the negativity 7 years later and without ever discussing the issue with her directly really is unfair. Mrs. Molinaro is the type of Kindergarten teacher you HOPE your child will get. If you have a concern you should always talk to your teacher or the principal. Mrs. Molinaro is an exceptional teacher. She brings energy and ethusiasm to her class every day. She is very welcoming as well. If this parent didn't talk to her openly then shame on her. It frustrates me so much to see an amazing teacher slandered like this. If you child is entering Kindergarten next year and you get her you are VERY LUCKY. The kindergarten teachers at Lowry really care about their kids as a team. It's an excellent school.

My daughter is in her third year at Lowry and we are very pleased with the school. Every teacher has been outstanding. They are so involved with each individual child and their interests. Her kindergarten teacher came to her soccer game, her first grade teacher came to her cheerleading competition and was at every birthday party that we attended for her for her classmates; she even came to my daughter's summer birthday party. Many of the teachers join the kids at school skate nights and even take turns serving ice cream to the kids at Carvel for the PTA fundraisers. When it comes to communication, our teachers have all been prompt in addressing any questions or concerns. The office personnel is very friendly and helpful. Anytime I've been to the school, the kids are happy and the teachers and administrators all seem to know each child. The P.E. coaches seem to be loved by all the kids as well. I've never been put off or ignored when I've asked to meet with a teacher. Ms. Henriquez (1st grade) is an absolute saint and helped me through a tough time while my daughter was going through ADHD and other disability diagnosis process. Our experience has been nothing but positive and great!

Last modified Lowry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.