Tampa, FL
Students enrolled: 1,110
Before care: Yes

Posted November 05, 2014
There is something very wrong with this school. The students are constantly bullying and disrespectful to teachers. The teachers are all fresh out of college. The administrative staff is rude. The teachers never have time for the students. Yes, there are a few diamonds in this rough of teachers, but my daughter feels completely consumed with drama here. Two students committed suicide in the last 5-6 years. The death (not the cause) of my daughter's friend was announced over the intercom. They had psychologists on campus for one day and then pretended nothing ever happened. There is something very wrong with this school!!

Posted April 02, 2014
We have had great and not so great teachers at Adams. The school administration has been fantastic and very supportive with the issues that were brought to their attention. I'm very surprised at some of these negative reviews here because the principal always returned my phone calls and was more than happy to meet with me to help with an issue that we had with a teacher. Which turned out to be more of a misunderstanding and was resolved quickly after a meeting with the principal, teacher, my daughter and myself. My daughters main complaint has been about other student's behavior, name calling and bullying. I guess it's the age but she is looking forward to this being her last year there, even though I know she will miss quite a few of her teachers and staff.

Posted January 28, 2014
I have a 7th grade student at this school. This has been the worst experience I've ever had with a school. Students unruly fights daily, teachers are over worked and frustrated some seems to be there for a paycheck, administrators lazy and rude!!! Not to mention the principle is never there or as they put it unavailable. I left a message for the AP Mr. Floyd he never returned my message.. Switching my son school ASAP he deserves better! reluctantly rated it an one should be a zero!!!

Adams Middle School 2

Posted August 19, 2013
This school is a nightmare. I attended all three years and left in 2009. I graduated high school c/o 2013. Adams has some excellent teachers but the experience overall was miserable. I like to pretend it never happened. The classes were not challenging, and the students were just short of barbarians. Maybe that's just the age, but at this school, I felt like an animal, trapped in a cage with other animals of a more vicious breed, with the administration standing over the cage with the keys, smiling triumphantly at how well they're "disciplining" the unruly beasts.

Adams Middle School 5

Posted August 01, 2013
adams middle achool my daughter went to adams and ahe did struggel in math but adsms teschers helped her wih tutors after school as for fights i heard of some and thf tescher were on top of it all she advanced an went to hifh school i had no problems wih the teacher in fact they were all great keep up thf good work will miss th all

Posted July 10, 2013
I have went to Adams middle school for 3 years and i have to say that it is GREAT school. Although sometimes you might get caught up sometimes in fights and the huge crowd when going to classes, i feel that, in the classrooms, the teachers are always doing there best to help you and make you ADAMS STRONG.

Posted January 21, 2013
I'm already thinking of switching my daughter over to another school for the 2013-2014 school year. My daughter is in the 7th grade with failing grades in math class since October of 2012, and her teacher Mrs. Fisherman doesnt know why she has grading her F's !! she has had my daughter for about 4mths and she dont know where my daughter stands. I spoke with her over the phone and couldnt give me a good answer that would convince me. Spoke to the school guidance counselor and she was just as lost as the teacher + trying to cover up for her mistakes. I left a vm message on the assistant pincipal's machine over a week ago and has never return my phone call back!!! I WOULD NEVER REOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE. SAD BUT TRUE.

Adams Middle School 5

Posted June 07, 2012
I am a parent of a 6th Grade Student soon 7th grader. The teachers & staff have an excellent rapport with the students & parents. The teachers really take teaching to a new level. I have never seen such a great group of teachers in one school. Her reading teacher has excellent skills that kept class interesting & taught her why it is so important to read well. Geography teacher made it an event & memorable. Math teacher taught her why she needs to do well in Math & under stand Pi. Language Arts inspired her to write. Science teacher really taught her scientific methods, procedures & organization that will get her thru college. Coach was a great role model, Chorus inspired her to sing. Homeroom teacher was able to connect & identify the needs of different students and guide them. They were all so nervous entering a new school. The Staff is great & care about the kids. They communicate with parents & really help the students. All I have ever seen is genuine concern for students. The Staff has to be the most organized team I have ever seen, Strong PTA & Principal. She went from an average student to Principals Honor Roll. She loves learning and has been inspired by all at Adams.

Posted June 06, 2012
I am a parent of an 8th grader and also a 7th grader. I agree that the school has declined in its security and caring for the students. There have been so many times where I am left to wonder what are the qualifications now a days to be a teacher or faculty member.. They are never available to speak to anyone, constantly harassing the children (this I've witnessed) and always unprofessional and non-caring. I hope to pull my 7th grader out of this horrific school for the 2012-13 year because i don't know how much more I can take of this. People need to start being evaluated and fired due to performance. I really think that a lot of the administration lack a general "common sense" which I now realize from dealing with teachers and staff at Adams Middle School in Tampa, is NOT so COMMON anymore. Especially, When you have a teacher suing a child because she was accidentally struck while breaking up a fight , a red flag should go up!

Posted May 10, 2012
adams middle school is good school even though there are fights there are teachers that still take care of it and the teachers are very helpful. i am an 8th grade student and being in adams middle school for three years was a great opportunity for me to enjoy. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!

Adams Middle School
10201 N Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33612
Last modified Adams Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adams Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top