Posted April 01, 2014
Miss Caruso is the BEST!!! My son John was in her class last year and he was struggling with reading. At the end of the year he was on level and his confident improved soooo much. Because of her hard work and professionalism he is excellent in all his subjects this year. We can't thank her enough and we still talk about her.

Bay Crest Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
The regular and special needs teachers are wonderful! As are the occupational and speech therapists. We couldn't ask for a better group of teachers and faculty. They really do strive for the best educational and personal experience for the children!

Posted September 11, 2013
Talk about a school with great interaction with the surrounding neighborhoods, Bay Crest Elementary is a icon and a leader of education in the Tampa Bay area. This grade school has shown the consistency of achievement in every aspect from securing the best teachers to the latest technology. I talk from experience, as generations of my family have shared the asset of Bay Crest Elementary's guidance and educational foundation. Phyllis Crosby Bay Crest Community Resident

Posted September 10, 2013
Love love love Baycrest!!! Great School love the facility. They are awesome. Good Job Baycrest.

Posted May 08, 2013
My child loves this school and all of his teachers he has had. It works like clockwork, very efficient! New changes to the front office staff seems to have gone alright but the past years the few that unfortunatly retired or left are missed! The teachers keep parents informed weekly and monthly as to what will be coming up in your childs class and the school events. I love Baycrest and am so happy my child will be there for years to come.

Posted January 25, 2013
My daughter went to Bay Crest for kindergarden and for moving reasons she had to leave BC, she cried for weeks to return, now we had the opportunity to buy our first house and I didn't think twice to move to the BC area. My other child who is entering kindergarden(2013-2014) is very excited to start after seen how happy her sister is going to this school. I have volunteered here several times and have nothing negative to say about the staff, My child loves her teacher and if she is happy it must be for a reason.

Bay Crest Elementary School 1

Posted April 03, 2012
The majority of the teachers indeed lack a passion for teaching, my child used to go to Bay Crest, I used to volunteer there and was part of the PTA as well, and once I was volunteering and overheard one of the teachers going off about her paycheck. I was astonished!!! Another thing is, most of the staff in that school are extremely rude. The vice-principal is reliable, very committed to her job, friendly and caring for the well-being of the kids, she participates on the events, always open to hear criticism as well as willingness to fix whatever the issues were. Now to the other comment who responded very aggressively, probably the principal itself or someone very close to her, criticism are a great way to analyze ourselves and make significant changes, if you have a block on it you won't be able to see the bigger picture. We make criticism to allow others to acknowledge that something is not satisfactory to us, especially when it comes to the schools our kids attend. So I have to say in a very non-confrontational way, open your mind to the opinions given and make relevant changes for your organization, it is better than lose students and staffs as well!

Posted September 30, 2011
To the person who wrote the comment about the bathroom incident. First of all, people have a right to their opinion. We all have them whether you agree with it or not. If you considered the issue to be that serious to you, then you should have brought it up with the principal and it would have been handled ritht then and there, but no, everyone has to post it up on-line because that's the smart way, right! This is why things continue to happen because people complain behind a curtain and expect changes to occur through osmosis. Wake up. In my opinion, parents need to have more control over their children and stop letting them get away with things without disciplining them, then maybe, you wouldn't hear the kinds of comments/conversation you heard. Children now in days are rude and very disrespectful and parents aren't far behind. Not all of them, but a great majority of them. People always criticise teachers, but that isn't the only profession that needs some improvement. Take a good look at yourself and ask yourself what are you doing for your child's school to make it a better one, instead of wasting your time posting comments on line. That's the easy way, try it the hard way.

Bay Crest Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2011
Parents, do not rely on the Hillsborough County school rating matrix because it is misleading at best. The main challenge at this particular school is the lack of leadership and "cronyism" amongst the teachers. The impression I have of Baycrest is that they have too many teachers with a deficit of earnest passion for teaching. Additionally, the teachers nearing retirement age give the impression that theyare just there to collect a paycheck. Baycrest does have a few teachers that care and enjoy their work, but those are few and far between.. I had the misfortune of walking into one of the bathrooms and was thoroughly appalled. I would not recommend Baycrest, not at all.

Bay Crest Elementary School 4

Posted September 28, 2011
My daughter loves the school, which is important. After moving to Tampa from another state and comparing my daughter's old school with the new, I think the work could be more challenging. Teacher are nice and friendly. Would be nice to be able to go online to review our child's progress as we could before in order to ensure that she is doing all of her assignments. I would give a higher rating if there were more access. At this point, I would still give the school a good rating.

Bay Crest Elementary School
4925 Webb Road, Tampa, FL  33615
Last modified Bay Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Crest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top