949 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I Love, love, love, love, love this school!!! When I first reviewed it for my son's 6th grade year, this site gave a rating of 6. Because of all this school has to offer however, I overlooked the low rating. I was right, this school has encouraged, motivated, and matured my son a great deal. He has learned so much, and is actually on the National Honors Society. I love all that this school has to offer, and only wish I could find the same or similar for my 7 year old daughter.

In response to the Grad Night comment, it was Busch Gardens that cancelled Grad Night and wouldn't reschedule. The School tried. And although I understand the idea of Grad Night, it should not be what a School is judged on.

Edsby its been really bad this year, I know is the teachers first year using it, but some of them don't update it at all, and personally I think Edline worked better, its not about the school because in other school is the same, and I like Edsby myself, but its not working with the grades.

Ive been at this school for three years and ive never had a worse 3 years yet. We really brings me over the edge with this school is what happened today. We payed $65 for grad night and after 2 hours of rain it got cancelled. We students wait for three years to graduate and then they cancelled it and they wont even reschudule the fiels trip. This school has changed me for the worst. Dont come here.

Stewart offers several after school clubs including Civil Air patrol (where they do all the usual CAP stuff AND they are building a (real) plane!,) and robotics club and team.

my son went from being a B student in Elementary school to being straight A student within 1 year. He is now in the Junior National Honors Society going into 7th grade... I could'nt be prouder. The education that these students are getting is pheonominal adn I wish I had a school like this around when I was in 6th grade. The electives that they have her range from tv media to marine biology adn robotics. The backing by NASA should say it all - if I haven't already.

We are the parents of an 8th grade student at Stewart. Although the middle school years can be challenging, we are very pleased with the education our son has received. For the most part he has had very engaged and encouraging teachers. The electives have been outstanding (engineering, robotics, marine science). The math department is outstanding and has given students the opportunity to take classes above grade level (such as algebra in 7th grade and geometry in 8th grade). 8th grade honors classes have been very rigorous and definitely are preparing our son for high school. Administration is very willing to hear suggestions and complaints and handle them. In three years we have had no problems with the neighborhood, although at first blush it might be unappealing. After school tuturing is available on a regular basis for students needing help. Some good clubs and after school activities and some great field trips.

This school is great! if you want to learn how to take care of your problems by yourself. i can safely say that stewart made me a man, i got into 5 fights in the time i was in there and earned the respect of everyone. my whole time in stewart was a big adventure, and i always got As and Bs. but it is not the school for the faint of heart. send your children here, they will turn into very strong and strict leaders. i recomend it.

bad environment with not much extra to call it a magnet school. i think they just use that "magnet" name to get more industrious kids from the suburbs to come down to this school in the middle of the projects so that the test scores will look better.

The teachers are great. But the problem is a lot of bullying. When brought up to the Principle attention. She handled it wrong. had 2 kids in there and pulled them both out for their safety

Last modified Stewart Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.