Posted October 13, 2014
Schools are really what you make out of them. Teachers, students, and parents can all make such a huge impact on a school. This is my first year teaching and I absolutely love this school. I enjoy teaching my students, even on those not going all exactly to plan days. I went to very low rated schools as a child but it didn't stop me from enjoying them and getting involved. I graduated in the top ten of my class and went off to college to get my teaching degree. I had some great teachers that inspired me to become a teacher and make a change as well. Buchanan's staff is amazing. I am proud to work with them. They really do care about the success of their students as well as the safety. They have several procedures that are enforced to prevent problems from occurring. Students will make foolish choices now and then and fights may happen, but the faculty prevents a lot of issues from becoming a big mistake. Overall, I believe Buchanan deserves a high rating for everything that I see daily that shows it is an amazing place. This month is all about "acts of kindness" and my students have showed me great acts of kindness, helping each other understand the content is just 1 example.

Buchanan Middle School 4

Posted March 14, 2014
I was apart of the STEM program at Buchanan. The teachers were great (minus the STEM science teacher who couldn't teach a fish how to swim) Overall the STEM portion was good.

Posted February 25, 2014
Horrible school with teachers who really care about the kids.. Ghetto describes this place perfectly.

Posted January 31, 2014
This school is absolutely the worst school I have ever been to!! Drugs, Violence and everything else in between. I was a straight A student before I came to Buchanan! There academics are the worst. Now don't get me wrong I LOVE my friends but, the academics could improve by a whole lot!!

Posted September 27, 2013
The staff and teachers are very helpful, the school is always clean and the classes are easy to find.

Buchanan Middle School 3

Posted August 28, 2013
Our experience was very good! The principal and staff are phenomenal, honestly I don't know how they do it everyday! Mr. Zent (retired) had a connection with the his students that is beyond words. I hope and wish nothing but the best for this school. United we stand, divided we fall.

Posted December 28, 2012
Wow! The atrocious grammar, writing skills, spelling and lack of punctuation seen in most of these reviews from both students and teachers alike should give anyone a clue as to just how bad this school is!

Posted December 27, 2012
I went to this school in the 80's and the principal used to beat kids with a big wooden paddle. She hit me so hard once that I still have lower back problems to this day. Also the teachers were so inattentive and self-absorbed that not one of them picked up on the fact that I was already an abused child and that is why I was shy and sometimes wouldn't/couldn't answer their questions. Their solution was to send me to the principal to get beaten even more than I already had to endure in my home life. Also, I honestly have not even one good memory from this place nor can I even remember one teachers' name. Also, despite this horrible place, I went on to become very successful after years of struggle. Bottom line, instead of helping...the faultily at this institution made my life much worse. School is supposed to be a safe place and that was definitely NOT my experience!

Buchanan Middle School 4

Posted July 27, 2011
This school has turned around considerably in the last few years. Administrators and teachers appear to be very invested in the students.

Posted December 01, 2010
This school was horrible in the years of 2007-2008. losts of students faught,dropped out of school and once set the bathroom on fire.later in 2008-2009...we got a new principle and new teachers.the music program is was incredible and teachers worked their hardest to teach kids but we only had a few electives.my 8th grade year 2009-2010,it has been more than an honor comming to this school.we got more electives,a new clinic,more support from teachers and i have inproved my fcat scores from then!!!! im so happy i came to buchanan and if you send your child here,you won't regret it either.:);)

Buchanan Middle School
1001 West Bearss Avenue, Tampa, FL  33613
Last modified Buchanan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buchanan Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top