743 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

Buchanan has a clear set of values. The PTSA and NJHS are groups that clearly show these values everyday.

Just a few of Buchanan 14/15 accomplishments. These are just the ones I remember but one can see how powerful our teachers are. 1st and 2nd place AWWA Water Tower Competition. 2 Awards at Future City- Only middle school from Hillsborough to win awards. Most projects at Hillsborough Regional STEM Fair. Most Awards while we were there. Best Overall Middle School Project. 2 ladies went to states- 3rd place and 6th place at states. 2 Teams at Science Olympiad States. Only Hillsborough middle school represented, 2 pairs medal-ed at states. 1 Student making it to States at History Day Competition.

Schools are really what you make out of them. Teachers, students, and parents can all make such a huge impact on a school. This is my first year teaching and I absolutely love this school. I enjoy teaching my students, even on those not going all exactly to plan days. I went to very low rated schools as a child but it didn't stop me from enjoying them and getting involved. I graduated in the top ten of my class and went off to college to get my teaching degree. I had some great teachers that inspired me to become a teacher and make a change as well. Buchanan's staff is amazing. I am proud to work with them. They really do care about the success of their students as well as the safety. They have several procedures that are enforced to prevent problems from occurring. Students will make foolish choices now and then and fights may happen, but the faculty prevents a lot of issues from becoming a big mistake. Overall, I believe Buchanan deserves a high rating for everything that I see daily that shows it is an amazing place. This month is all about "acts of kindness" and my students have showed me great acts of kindness, helping each other understand the content is just 1 example.

I was apart of the STEM program at Buchanan. The teachers were great (minus the STEM science teacher who couldn't teach a fish how to swim) Overall the STEM portion was good.

This school is absolutely the worst school I have ever been to!! Drugs, Violence and everything else in between. I was a straight A student before I came to Buchanan! There academics are the worst. Now don't get me wrong I LOVE my friends but, the academics could improve by a whole lot!!

The staff and teachers are very helpful, the school is always clean and the classes are easy to find.

Our experience was very good! The principal and staff are phenomenal, honestly I don't know how they do it everyday! Mr. Zent (retired) had a connection with the his students that is beyond words. I hope and wish nothing but the best for this school. United we stand, divided we fall.

Wow! The atrocious grammar, writing skills, spelling and lack of punctuation seen in most of these reviews from both students and teachers alike should give anyone a clue as to just how bad this school is!

I went to this school in the 80's and the principal used to beat kids with a big wooden paddle. She hit me so hard once that I still have lower back problems to this day. Also the teachers were so inattentive and self-absorbed that not one of them picked up on the fact that I was already an abused child and that is why I was shy and sometimes wouldn't/couldn't answer their questions. Their solution was to send me to the principal to get beaten even more than I already had to endure in my home life. Also, I honestly have not even one good memory from this place nor can I even remember one teachers' name. Also, despite this horrible place, I went on to become very successful after years of struggle. Bottom line, instead of helping...the faultily at this institution made my life much worse. School is supposed to be a safe place and that was definitely NOT my experience!

This school has turned around considerably in the last few years. Administrators and teachers appear to be very invested in the students.

Last modified Buchanan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.