Carrollwood Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
The school is over crowded. There are not enough bathrooms or parking to accommodate the amount of kids accepted through school choice. The principal is proud of having the most school choice students in the county, but enough is enough. It's still a good school in comparison to others in the district, but it is not the neighborhood school it once was.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is my daughter's first year at Carrollwood but so far we absolutely love it. Her teacher is wonderful and the staff at the school is wonderful!

Posted October 17, 2013
Carrollwood Elementary is a public school that is as good as a private school. The teachers have high standards and expect excellence. My son has attended this school since Kindergarten, and is now in 5th Grade. He has never had a bad teacher. Too bad they don't have a middle school! The principle, Mrs. Bottini, is awesome. She is kind and warm and very effective all at once. Since she came on board, the culture and school improved greatly. It's obvious that the teachers are engaged and really care, and that Mrs. Bottini is the center of all of that. Assistant Principal, Mrs. Gordon is also excellent. She is a class act. The students love Mrs. Bottini and Mrs. Gordon, and so do the parents. They take the time to know every student and parent. Parents feel very welcome here. I also have to give praise to the teachers of the Gifted Program, Mrs. Farmer, Mrs. Rodriquez, Mrs. Byer, and Mrs. Dunlap. There are none better, and I would put them up against any others, private school or otherwise. Carrollwood Elementary is a great school, and I feel very lucky that my child was able to have a quality experience and a great education at Carrollwood.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 06, 2013
This is one of the best schools I have ever had my children in. The staff is very caring, loving, and hardworking. From the secretary to the custodians to the lunchroom aids, teachers, paraprofessionals, and administration this school works hard as a team and cares about each and every students regardless of background. They truly want the children to succeed.

Carrollwood Elementary School 4

Posted July 23, 2013
great neighborhood, cute classrooms. Some incredible teachers, office staff is friendly and helpful. Lots of fun activities if you can get involved. Like all public schools, there is some bullying and this is swept under the rug. Also favoritism towards parents who can donate lots of time and money, as in they get to pick their teachers and classes. But, overall lots of great families and staff. Some staff that has been teaching / working do seem ready to retire, easily agitated, don't seem too happy to be working with children. Need more communication with teachers and all parents, that would be great. 3 years and we have been overall happy. Principal and vice principal are great as well.

Posted June 24, 2013
Carrollwood Elementary was, for us, a choice school and we could not have been luckier with another school! Family oriented, the staff is incredibly professional. My son receives a great education and is happy to go to his school every day ! Go Owls !

Posted April 01, 2013
Great School...Great Teachers! My girl loves to go to this school! This is her second year at the school. Either it is the regular curriculum or Gifted, quality of the teachers are a notch higher!

Posted December 07, 2012
We moved here from Wesely Chapel and the administration difference between Seven Oaks ES and Carrollwood is NIGHT and DAY. The faculty and staff at CES are wonderful because they have an excellent boss. Ms. Botinni is friendly, energetic, and will find the time to talk to you. There are so many activities, and a lot of parental involvement. I'm sooo glad we are zoned for this school. BTW: as all PTAs are, they are very inclusive, but there is always a way to be involved.

Carrollwood Elementary School 2

Posted September 20, 2012
After 4 years of really good and some ok teachers since kindergarten we have encounter a really bad teacher enough for me to change schools in the middle of the year so my child can get a better education.

Posted June 23, 2012
I am a former student of this school and I loved going there. The teachers were nice and really cared about students reaching to their highest potential and the connection between the administrators and the parents was great. I also was a part of the advance gifted program which was a very challenging yet fun academic program. This is probably one of the best elementary school around.

Carrollwood Elementary School
3516 Mcfarland Road, Tampa, FL  33618
Last modified Carrollwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carrollwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top