Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I can't really answer this except to say that with the positive push I would hope it keeps a lid on bullying.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I think there are a lot of kids with special needs that attend here. Any time I've seen those classes the teachers are always positive and upbeat trying to motivate the kids.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

They have a new Principal who I see out and about the campus whenever I'm there. He stops to always address me when we pass and I see him always interacting in a positive manner with the children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They are using something called "eagle bucks" that the children earn for acts of kindness or being helpful as a way to reinforce the positive behaviors. The bucks can be used for various rewards.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They all seem genuinely interested in my child's well being and education.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Assignments are logged in a journal that I sign every night.

My daughter has been attending Citrus Park since kindergarten and is now in the fourth grade. Her teachers have been a blessing, every single one of them. The new Principal seems to be working on making a school culture an even more positive experience for the children.

The are a few teachers here that genuinely care for their students and they are wonderful theachers, however, the majority are sub par.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers no longer care about the students individually- if your child has any difficulty learning this is not the school for them!

I'm a grandparent who had two daughters that attended this school 20 years ago, now 2 grandchildren attend Citrus Park. I believe this school was better about 5 years ago, but is awful now. I'm begging my girls to pull my grandchildren OUT! I would gladly quit my job and home school them. The bullying...the teachers attitudes...the unhelpful staff...and poor release protocol all add to my frustration.

Last modified Citrus Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.