Posted August 19, 2014
Day one of school and I am already thinking it was a bad choice to put my child into this school. They are extremely unorganized and do not communicate well with the parents or students. My child is so lost and does not know where to turn to for help. My child is frustrated and already wants to go elsewhere. It was hard to get my child to agree to change schools. My child struggles with school and the person they have in charge of putting together the curriculum and schedules seems to be a complete idiot. He seems to be putting them into sensory overload rather than helping them achieve.

Posted June 06, 2013
Numerous teachers at this school are verbally abusive to students. Every day I hear a new story about something inappropriate that a teacher said to a student ranging from calling them dumb and stupid to idiots and morons etc. Why the administration allows this to continue is a mystery to me but if it continues next year I will no longer contact the school directly. I will go straight to the school board and demand that teachers dismissal. Students go to Coleman to learn, not to be verbally abused by their teachers. No wonder so many of the kids there are so verbally cruel to each other....their teachers are setting terrible examples for them on a daily basis.

Coleman Middle School 3

Posted April 18, 2013
This school would greatly benefit from character and ethics education for it's students since they don't appear to be learning it at home. There are an abundance of rich, bratty, entitled kids at this school that don't seem to know right from wrong or even care. Academically, it's challenging, but the homework load is ridiculous to the point that it leaves no room for extracurricular activities. This leaves me to believe teachers aren't using their class time efficiently enough. In private schools of equal academic merit, students have a study period to help with the homework load. Coleman would benefit from starting an hour earlier and providing a study period, as well.

Posted October 22, 2011
I'm an 8th grader and having been at coleman since the beginning of 6th grade, i can say it is THE BEST middle school in the county. It has amazing and well educated teachers and a strong faculty and staff. Also, this school has many enjoyable and challenging academic courses, ensuring a spectacular education, as well as wonderful, life changing electives. For example, when i came to middle school, the last elective I would've expected to take was Band and now I'm in the Advanced Band 1st chair out of seven in my section with a new passion for music and a new way of looking at life. My brother (Class of 2005), sister (Class of 2011), and I (Class of 2012) all went to Coleman and i can truly say, we wouldn't be the same people if we hadn't gone to this school. GO COBRAS!

Coleman Middle School 2

Posted June 16, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008
This is my daughters first year and overall I am very pleased. Previously she attended a very challenging private school; she has been given special attention to make sure she is in the program the best fits her needs. She was placed in advanced and the teachers recognized she should have been placed in honors: note, this activity took place without my involvement. I also appreciate the communication is provided and available by the school.

Posted August 28, 2008
i go to coleman, and i love it there. its not the same as my elementary school, but will middle schools ever be?i honestly feel safe when i am in the building. bullying is not even seen by students there, and very rarely do students ever get in fights. the principal is wonderful, and he tries to establish personal relationships with each student. coleman is an amazing school, and will always be on the top of my list.

Coleman Middle School
1724 South Manhattan Avenue, Tampa, FL  33629
Last modified Coleman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coleman Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top