920 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Very active PTA. Lots of volunteer hours from parents and teachers.

Horrible school, both of my kids went to Coleman the years that the principle had his two kids there and the only kids that would get any awards would be his kids of course. On top of that I had to talk to administer about a teacher insulting my child all the time and even hit her. Thankfully she doesn't teach there anymore. They only care if you you're a parent with lots of money. I hate this school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

This school only gives homework in one subject: Math. And the curriculum is too easy.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can this school develop honesty, integrity and fairness of the Principal and administration is just the opposite?

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school lacks integrity given that they will not deal with any issues with their students. They will not help the students in any given situation due to the lack of getting involved. The administration will not address issues pertaining to bullying.

My daughter is in 6th grade and goes to this school. She had the worse school year ever. She has been bullied and sexually harassed by boys. She has mentioned it to the guidance counselor a few times and nothing has been done about the situation. My daughter doesn't want to go to school at Coleman, in the district. She has been bullied by several of the kids that belong to a group. She was also tripped in the hallway by a bully, but was told if she said anything to anyone she would regret it. This administration doesn't care about the well being of the students at all. The school is very discriminating and have been less than professional on many issues. I would expect more out of a school that has multi-million dollar homes in their community, that high tax dollars are supporting.

Day one of school and I am already thinking it was a bad choice to put my child into this school. They are extremely unorganized and do not communicate well with the parents or students. My child is so lost and does not know where to turn to for help. My child is frustrated and already wants to go elsewhere. It was hard to get my child to agree to change schools. My child struggles with school and the person they have in charge of putting together the curriculum and schedules seems to be a complete idiot. He seems to be putting them into sensory overload rather than helping them achieve.

Numerous teachers at this school are verbally abusive to students. Every day I hear a new story about something inappropriate that a teacher said to a student ranging from calling them dumb and stupid to idiots and morons etc. Why the administration allows this to continue is a mystery to me but if it continues next year I will no longer contact the school directly. I will go straight to the school board and demand that teachers dismissal. Students go to Coleman to learn, not to be verbally abused by their teachers. No wonder so many of the kids there are so verbally cruel to each other....their teachers are setting terrible examples for them on a daily basis.

This school would greatly benefit from character and ethics education for it's students since they don't appear to be learning it at home. There are an abundance of rich, bratty, entitled kids at this school that don't seem to know right from wrong or even care. Academically, it's challenging, but the homework load is ridiculous to the point that it leaves no room for extracurricular activities. This leaves me to believe teachers aren't using their class time efficiently enough. In private schools of equal academic merit, students have a study period to help with the homework load. Coleman would benefit from starting an hour earlier and providing a study period, as well.

I'm an 8th grader and having been at coleman since the beginning of 6th grade, i can say it is THE BEST middle school in the county. It has amazing and well educated teachers and a strong faculty and staff. Also, this school has many enjoyable and challenging academic courses, ensuring a spectacular education, as well as wonderful, life changing electives. For example, when i came to middle school, the last elective I would've expected to take was Band and now I'm in the Advanced Band 1st chair out of seven in my section with a new passion for music and a new way of looking at life. My brother (Class of 2005), sister (Class of 2011), and I (Class of 2012) all went to Coleman and i can truly say, we wouldn't be the same people if we hadn't gone to this school. GO COBRAS!

Last modified Coleman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.