458 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Dad here First kid just finished Kindergarten. I was worried at the beginning because the district made them absorb one of the four kindergarten classes into the remaining 3 and then a teacher came back from maternity leave so in total this means my son went to a third teacher in a few months. I was worried this would create a bad experience and there may have been a hiccup but it turned out to be nothing noticeable at all. The teachers seem great. I took my kid in before school every morning for breakfast to just hang out in the morning. A few parents would go in and it's a nice way to meet some other parents. The teachers always seemed caring and the parents are great. Very down to earth which I like. I don't know what it is like with other schools but this school pulls from north of Kennedy, south of Kennedy, and beach park so it really is a big mix of families which is great. Both teachers and parents are down to earth and kind. Students are extremely impressive with there manners. I remember in 5th grade you started to have people acting tough trying to act cool. I never saw anything like that here. Every student seemed caring and nice. Great environment. I think a lot of this has to do with the principal. She seems top notch and has the energy to keep this school chugging along at a great pace. Her pride is infecting. If she were to leave I am sure it would be difficult to fill her shoes but it seems like they bring good people to the school. Send your kids and fear not. Great school. I usually don't write reviews unless it's earned FYI.

This is an excellent school on every level. The teachers care about the students. Parents are involved. The administration and staff are fantastic and responsive. I'm very glad we chose this school.

This is our first year at Grady and we have been so happy there. My son started kindergarten in the fall and had two wonderful teachers, Ms. Ledo and Ms. Tolbert. The school is very well organized with communication with parents, and the administration is wonderful. You can tell they care about all of the students, and make it a point to know them by name. We have been so impressed!

Best school... Best principal... Best Teachers... Best Staff.. Best Students. Grady is the very best. My daughter has been very happy here for six years. We LOVE the diversity and compassion at this school and the dedication to learning by all. It starts at the top with our beloved principal.

Grady is excellent from the teachers to the front office. Our sons get all the attention they need to thrive. The only drawback would be the uppity PTA mothers who act above there means.

Grady Elementary the best experience I have had with a public school. The teachers are the best, caring, giving their time to help every child and the parent participation is extraordinary. When my grandson was struggling with ADD, they took their time to help offered ELP, spent the time he needed to grow and get better grades. We have nothing but praise for this school. Communication is great. You always know what is going on and the emails I have sent always come back quickly answered. The office Staff are wonderful. I only wish he would go there until 12th grade. With all the help, he ended the year on the honor roll.

As a parent, I cannot say enough about Grady Elementary. I have two children who currently attend. The teachers and administration have been outstanding and really care about each child and communicate often with parents. The school is strong academically, but equal importance is given to the emotional development of the child which is so important for elementary level children. The school events have been great too and well organized. The community, other parents and other students have been wonderful too!

I'm the proud parent of two children at Grady Elementary and I love this school. This is a smaller South Tampa school that is caring and welcoming to all. My children's teachers are very dedicated, highly intelligent, true professionals who care about my children's educational development.The Principal knows each child's name, and loves the school, having been a student and teacher there. She is an incredible leader and just won the Hillsborough County Principal of the Year! And the first graders just scored the highest of all Hillsborough County elementary schools in reading and writing! It's clear that Grady Elementary is a school on a meteoric rise. I am so proud to be the parent of two Grady Tigers - you can't go wrong with this school.

Grady is a horrible elementary school with very unprofessional, power hungry, untrained staff as well as teachers that are not invested in the education of the students. They gave up on my children instead of having patience with a child that has a specific learning disability they staffed him to another school after failing his older brother who met his goals that year. The staff is cold hearted and non-understanding at Grady... as not every child is the same or is on the same level. This school is a power hungry school. They do not care about your children ... They only care about keeping their A status in the community. In which they are cheating by staffing under-level children to other schools and keeping the gifted ones after school 2 hrs to be over prepared for fcat and other testing. My children no longer attend Grady and are excelling immensely at a different school. I am very proud of my boys for overcoming this horrible tragedy they put us through if they only knew how wrong they were and what they did to my children. when will it be about the children and their education? never at grady... i rate them a half a star if i could. even then they don't deserve that.

We are a military family and Grady has made it easy for my 2 children to adapt to a new school and new area. The teachers have made it easy for me to communicate with them about any concerns I have. The staff is very friendly and helpful with all my questions and requests. I am happy and glad we were able to attend such a family oriented school.

Last modified Grady Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.