706 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

This school is very good. I'm so happy with that. My Child that has learn a lot.

I'm not happy with this school, my daughter ends kindertgarden this next month and I have only one conference in the school year because she is very intelligent and does not require conference (though I ask, I did not quote). .. so bad! comunnication poor with the teacher, who responds to my notes of 3 or 5 days after

I think bellamy elementary school is a great school when when it comes to teaching with kids also teachers are wouldful. but i have one major question is that the school did not get in touch with me one it came to me son of testing for passing grade level.

My youngest son goes to this school and loves it. The teachers are very responsive and the principle always has a presence in the class rooms.

I like the school and the teachers. The only thing I don't like like is that my daughter watches more movies and has more junk food at school then she has ever had at home. I feel that there is no point in giving a child cookies, chips and hawiian punch then telling them to sit still and stay quiet. I just want more teaching and if they have a party why don,t the teachers use their imaginations and have a music party or a treasure hut.

Bellamy has the potential to be a great school but falls extremelyl short. They have no discipline practices expecially for children the age of 7. The principal is rarely on site and is not a presence at the school. The asst. principal is great as well as the nursing and teaching staff. This school also no longer has what has been reported on this site as an open classroom policiy. The contact between the teachers and parents is only as good as the teacher you are dealing with. This school does not appreciate the role of an active parent and is oppositional to an active parent if it requires dedication and effort on their part. A school is only as strong as its weakest student. I would not recommend this school to anyone who has a difficult child and is educated in helping them succeed in the classroom.

My oldest son is in his last year at Bellamy. He has attended Bellamy for five years. Bellamy's teachers, staff and principal have made a great impression on their students. My son was struggling with his grades the first two years. After some tutoring and speech therapy at the school, my son is now a A's and B's student. Thanks to the teachers who care at Bellamy. Parents need to be involved in their childrens education. If something is not going right for your child, you need to call a meeting with teachers to discuss your childs options. If you do not help your child strive, the teachers could only do so much. Parents need to be advocates for their children in order for them to successed.

I have two boys that go to this school since kindergarden. The teachers are wonderful and the school itself is designed beautifully. I am very involved with my childrens academics. I give this school A+ for teahcer,student and parent involvement. The teachers communicate on the daily basis with the parents whether via notes, progress notes, telephone calls, etc. One of the reasons I haven't move is because my children enjoy attending Bellamy.

My son is attending Bellamy for his 3rd year. We are very happy with the school. We actually love the open classroom concept. We were hesitant about it his first year (I thought it would be distracting and possibly disruptive), but after spending time in the classroom, I realized it is actually wonderful. The gifted math program here is awesome with a wonderful teacher. In fact, we have no complaints about any of the teachers our son has had. They have all kept him challenged and we stay in touch with both of the teachers he has had prior to this year. As a parent, I always feel welcome to come to the school and be involved with what's going on with our son - that is very important to me. Teacher/parent communication is great via progress reports, notes, conferences and occasional phone calls. We couldn't be happier!

Last modified Bellamy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.