Posted August 13, 2014
My son has attended this Kenly since kindergarten. In that time, I have seen 2 principals come & go, several teachers have left, the teachers that Do care are the ones that are leaving. The school is not expecting the children to perform at a higher level, they are allowing the children to Not perform. There is also a Severe disconnect between the staff & parents. When the children misbehave, there is not much done about it if the child is a minority, whereas, if the child is Not a "minority" it is something different. The non-minority children area allowed to be bullied by the students that are minorities, and the staff does nothing to stop it. But if the child being bullied stands up for themselves, they are told that they are over-reacting & that "it's not that bad" or that they "need to stop being so sensitive"

Posted June 20, 2014
I believe it is my responsibility to warn parents about this school. Kind of like when you get a severe weather warning to depart that area. My children will not attend this school ever again even if they paid me a million dollars! I can tell you the principle and vice principle to include all faculty members are totally unprofessional and they don't care about our children. The leadership is rude and dysfunctional and there is no remedy to fix it. These same people are always crying about a pay raise but can not even do their job. My children are not getting the education, nor attention needed to be successful. Please, think on other educational opportunities to consider like Home Schooling or Private before enrolling your child at this pile sinking rust bucket of a so called educational facility! If you have ears to hear eyes to see, you'll take heed and do everything in your power to keep your child from attending here........This school will help facilitate your child to be the worse that they can be!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 19, 2014
I am very disappointed with this school! I will not allow my children to attend Kenly elementary as long as I live. The faculty members including the principle are very unprofessional. My children complain that not only are their peers using vulgarity, but also their teachers are using profanity. The principle of this school needs to make a professional assessment. This school is broken and there is really no way of fixing it unless you change the leadership.

Posted June 19, 2014
This school is needs to be shut down! My children are not learning and they complained everyday how miserable they are at Kenly elementary school. The principle and vice principle needs to find a new occupation because this school only creates ignorant students. I've never seen a school as bad as this one. This is exactly why we need the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship passed! I will not allow this school to corrupt my children!

Kenly Elementary School 5

Posted April 08, 2014
Thought I had already posted this. However, I went to Kenly school 70 years ago. Great school. Was there for 6 years. Would love to know if they had Yearbooks back then. Would love to see one !

Posted May 01, 2013
This is by far the WORST school in the Tampa area. Ever since my son was in Kindergarten here, he has nothing but problems with people and teachers. The teachers DO NOT help the children at all. They expect YOU, as the parent to make sure your child does the work in class.I am relocating my son to a different school and environment. Even though I went through, "School Choice" to get him into a better school, I don't mind having to drive and pick him up everyday.At least he's out of this school. This school seriously needs an overhaul.

Kenly Elementary School 5

Posted November 10, 2012
my 2 boys have been going there for 3 years now when they saw my yougest who is in 3rd grade now struggling in 1st grade they jumoed on getting him in special ed

Kenly Elementary School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
The staff at Kenly Elem. are very dedicated and are making every effort to strive for success at this school, including the Principal and Assistant Principal.

Kenly Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009
Two of my children attend this school. This school needs a complete overhaul, or to be shut down. By complete I mean in every aspect. I have another child that will start school next year. I will not allow them to attend here anymore.

Kenly Elementary School
2909 North 66th Street, Tampa, FL  33619
Last modified Kenly Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenly Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top