Tampa, FL
Students enrolled: 1,826

King High School 3

Posted December 16, 2014
This school is no heck of a school.But the program and teachers my son have,do at least try to help him to get his grades and credits so he can graduate.

King High School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
Horrible. Inefficient, most teachers are there to babysit and only try hard when the exam bonus comes around. Unsafe environment. Barely answers the phone for anything. In order to see an administrator you have to WALK IN and cause a huge scene.

Posted November 23, 2014
I'm very happy with my decision to choose King for my daughter. Great IB program. The teachers and students are great. A lot of home work every single day . They will be prepare to go to university easily .

Posted October 05, 2014
itely good and bad aspects of the school. The campus is bad, they seriously need to repaint the buildings. Also, there are some bad fights, muggings, weapons, drugs, and trespassing. But that is what you get for putting a school right on 56th and Sligh. However, that is just the few bad kids in the school. Overall, the people in traditional are not that bad and if you don't bother anyone, they won't bother you. However, as an IB student, it is phenomenal. The people are great, they are all super smart (it's almost impossible to be val here) and they are really chill. Teachers encourage you to excel in your studies and to join many clubs. I have to admit, the program is definitely very rigorous at King, but we had a 96% IB diploma pass rate last year, highest ever in county history, so it is all worth it at the end. We IB students probably have the most school spirit. So, if you are going to be in traditional, it might be a little hard but you can survive though it. If you are going to be in IB, definitely come to King, I'd say the best IB school in the county.

King High School 2

Posted July 28, 2014
The teachers are great at this school. The students are horrible. They are rude, direspectful,all they talk about is what clothes and shoes they have on and are always off topic in the classroom. The students are more focused on other things besides their education which makes it harder for their other class mates around them to focus becaise the teacher had to constatly stop teacher to get them in order.

Posted May 12, 2014
King High school I think its the best school in tampa ^_^ I think so and I dont care what the other people think

King High School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
This school is awful and I would never think about sending my child here. This school is home to some of the most ignorant children I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Please anyone who sees this and is able to, fix this god forsaken school.

King High School 2

Posted February 21, 2013
I personally believe that this school is going downhill. The campus isn't that great and no one has any consideration(or budget) on making it look better. The bathrooms are gross and I remember being a former student, waiting to go home to use my own. My best years were my freshman and sophomore. I felt as though I had more freedom than I did my junior and senior year. I did well academically and learned which teachers were the best and which were plain sorry. I connected with all my guidance counselors in order to control my education instead of being considered another passive student who had no interest in his/hers learning. Each coming year, rules were changed and established and I felt as if there was a rift on a student's freedom all the while the education remain crummy. Being a traditional student I was fully aware of the "wall" that was built between both IB and traditional. It was hard to communicate and associate with my IB friends unless we were in the same after school club or seen each other in the morning before classes began. I am now in college and my high school experience has been thrown in a vault into the back of my mind never to be heard of again.

Posted October 17, 2012
This is a great school. My son has been going there for 9,10,11. He is in the IB program and on the Varsity Football Team. He has also wresled for a season. I also had my oldest son go to Tampa Bay Tech not to compare the schools but King is a very organized school to help your student succeed. They are very engaged and hire very professional teachers that are really good and accomplished in their fields. I would recommend the school to anyone.

King High School 3

Posted October 04, 2012
The school has its pros and cons. I am currently a student there in 11th grade and I have to admit although it is not as bad as people in middle school said it would be, it is not a 7 hour a day experience that I enjoy. First of all, the kids are rude and misbehave a lot, and they have no respect for the teachers. Also, another big thing is that there is too many politics that go on. The current principal I can not say is doing a very fair job. As for teachers, they are basically split down the center, with a few exceptions here and there. They often do not make wise decisions when scheduling which teachers get which classes, and give upper level classes to either poor or inexperienced teachers. After my freshman year, things got a lot better. Sophmore year, with the exception of one teacher, everything was great. Stil waiting to see about this year.

King High School
6815 North 56th Street, Tampa, FL  33610
Last modified King High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top