375 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
We transferred our girls into the school after a bit of moving around, into K and 3rd grade. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this awesome school. The teachers and staff are extremely communicative, caring and organized—the school puts on lovely functions for the kids and their minds are challenged more than ever before. My girls are comfortable in school and know kids in other grades, other teachers, and the school staff—like a big family! My daughter recently went to represent the school at MOSI and the vice principle (and her teacher) was there to see all the kids from Channelside participate… on a Saturday. Don’t hesitate to apply to this Charter—it is in high demand for a reason, and I count our lucky stars our kids were able to get into this school.

Posted April 13, 2015
Wow! I simply can not say enough about our wonderful experience at this school. My two daughters have been attending for 3 years and every day I am grateful for this school and their incredible teachers. They are all upbeat, professional, and truly care about their students education. I believe that the math and science focus at this charter school expose students to many interesting experiences they would not otherwise have the opportunity to discover. I am very impressed and would highly recommend taking a tour. It's the best decision we have made for our girls education.

Posted April 01, 2015
I'm so glad my son got pick to attend 'Channelside Academy of math and science' school he loves his teacher and is excelling in all subjects.. The teachers and staff really care about the children. I would recommend this school to all my family and friends.

Posted February 25, 2015
Channelside is by far the greatest school my daughter has attended. I am satisfied with the care and methods of their teaching staff and Ms. Edna by far plays her roll to the "T". The staff is an all around professional " Family " orchestrated team, equipped to take our children to the next level in their lives. Sincerely, Cecil C. Hunter

Posted November 24, 2014
My son started Kindergarten at CAMS this year. He had never attended VPK or Day School prior to his acceptance to CAMS so even though he was advanced intellectually, he was not used to a social class setting and therefore took sometime to adapt to the structure. His Kindergarten Teacher has been great at understanding strengths and weaknesses, keeping us informed and allowing us to help our son get accustom to his new responsibilities and expectations. As I attended ALL Meetings prior to my sons acceptance and enrollment and it was made very clear to me that CAMS is a very small, exclusive Charter School whom requires a great deal of effort and involvement from the parents. If you are not interested or are unable to at least be moderately involved in your child's school activities, then it is likely that this is not the school for you and your child(ren). I am blessed to have found a private school atmosphere whom is willing to accept payment in the form of time and parent involvement.

Posted July 29, 2014
My kids have been here since the school opened. I'm extremely impressed with the material my kids are learning - far ahead of the public elementary schools. Also, the teachers couldn't be more open and accessible. I feel like I'm partnering with them to give my kids the best education possible. I love this school.

Posted June 07, 2014
Channelside is an amazing school. My Children have been there for three years and I have been a sub there for 2 years. My children have never experienced any bullying problems. The administration is wonderful and always available. The teachers are young and innovative! I have spent a lot of time with the teachers and staff, they are a very olose group who have been together since the school opened. The only turn around I have seen is in middle school where a few teachers were let go. The staff has a very positive relationship with administration. If you are looking to come to Channelside, the best thing to do is come and see it for yourself. You will be impressed!!

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science 1

Posted June 06, 2014
Horrible-- Constanct Chaos--Absolutely NO discipline. I cringe everytime I have to pick up my children. Either one or both are hurt on a daily basis. Administration--HAA what is that? The lack of, I should say is horrible. If you want your children to act like animals and learn to tolerate bullying and unresponsivness from the staff, then this is the place to be! Three years of watching frustration on parents' faces, teachers scared to speak up, the constant turn around. Just awful. Good luck to those that have no other option.

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science 2

Posted April 29, 2014
Middle school. Positives: - clean and modern - friendly - safe - favorable teacher : student ratio - easiest A's your child will ever accomplish Negatives: - lack of teaching (more like a day care than a middle school) - high teacher turnover - high teacher absenteeism (and often made worse by lack of securing a substitute) - absence of middle school extra curricular activities This school may well be a decent elementary school. It is an academically inadequate middle school. I encourage the parent who wishes to write a positive review of the middle school to first finish a 1-month log of what their child has learned each day, and to compare notes from the log with other middle school parents and middle school educators. I challenge the parent who writes a positive review to provide examples of what books their child has been required to read and analyze, and evidence - based analysis of how their child's knowledge of math and science has met or exceeded their parental expectations.

Posted April 20, 2014
CAMS is an outstanding school, it's the best alternative to private school in Hillsborough County Florida. My child went from an private environment and adjusted extremely well. The teachers and administrators are awesome and welcome the parents point of view, involvement and opinion.

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science
1029 East Twiggs Street, Tampa, FL  33602
Last modified Channelside Academy Of Math And Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Channelside Academy Of Math And Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top