Public charter
Tampa, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted November 24, 2014
My son started Kindergarten at CAMS this year. He had never attended VPK or Day School prior to his acceptance to CAMS so even though he was advanced intellectually, he was not used to a social class setting and therefore took sometime to adapt to the structure. His Kindergarten Teacher has been great at understanding strengths and weaknesses, keeping us informed and allowing us to help our son get accustom to his new responsibilities and expectations. As I attended ALL Meetings prior to my sons acceptance and enrollment and it was made very clear to me that CAMS is a very small, exclusive Charter School whom requires a great deal of effort and involvement from the parents. If you are not interested or are unable to at least be moderately involved in your child's school activities, then it is likely that this is not the school for you and your child(ren). I am blessed to have found a private school atmosphere whom is willing to accept payment in the form of time and parent involvement.

Posted July 29, 2014
My kids have been here since the school opened. I'm extremely impressed with the material my kids are learning - far ahead of the public elementary schools. Also, the teachers couldn't be more open and accessible. I feel like I'm partnering with them to give my kids the best education possible. I love this school.

Posted June 07, 2014
Channelside is an amazing school. My Children have been there for three years and I have been a sub there for 2 years. My children have never experienced any bullying problems. The administration is wonderful and always available. The teachers are young and innovative! I have spent a lot of time with the teachers and staff, they are a very olose group who have been together since the school opened. The only turn around I have seen is in middle school where a few teachers were let go. The staff has a very positive relationship with administration. If you are looking to come to Channelside, the best thing to do is come and see it for yourself. You will be impressed!!

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science 1

Posted June 06, 2014
Horrible-- Constanct Chaos--Absolutely NO discipline. I cringe everytime I have to pick up my children. Either one or both are hurt on a daily basis. Administration--HAA what is that? The lack of, I should say is horrible. If you want your children to act like animals and learn to tolerate bullying and unresponsivness from the staff, then this is the place to be! Three years of watching frustration on parents' faces, teachers scared to speak up, the constant turn around. Just awful. Good luck to those that have no other option.

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science 2

Posted April 29, 2014
Middle school. Positives: - clean and modern - friendly - safe - favorable teacher : student ratio - easiest A's your child will ever accomplish Negatives: - lack of teaching (more like a day care than a middle school) - high teacher turnover - high teacher absenteeism (and often made worse by lack of securing a substitute) - absence of middle school extra curricular activities This school may well be a decent elementary school. It is an academically inadequate middle school. I encourage the parent who wishes to write a positive review of the middle school to first finish a 1-month log of what their child has learned each day, and to compare notes from the log with other middle school parents and middle school educators. I challenge the parent who writes a positive review to provide examples of what books their child has been required to read and analyze, and evidence - based analysis of how their child's knowledge of math and science has met or exceeded their parental expectations.

Posted April 20, 2014
CAMS is an outstanding school, it's the best alternative to private school in Hillsborough County Florida. My child went from an private environment and adjusted extremely well. The teachers and administrators are awesome and welcome the parents point of view, involvement and opinion.

Posted April 02, 2014
We are so happy with Channelside Academy! I am impressed with the principal, teachers, and all of the supportive parents. Channelside Academy has a more "private school" feel and I really like that. The teachers strive to make learning fun and my girls look forward to attending everyday. Finding this school has been a true blessing!

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science 1

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is awful they allow children to bully others and make racial slurs. My child gets made fun of for not apparent reason. The teachers say nothing and let the kids go on. I am taking my child out of here as soon as the year is up. The elementary school is a joke. They do not teach anything to prepare the children for major tests. They aren't even teaching on the curriculum. I would never recommend this school becasue its just been a nightmare. My child is always upset when she comes home and I have had enough. They need a new staff that actually cares about the children well being. I like nothing about this school and cant wait to take her out of there.

Posted March 28, 2014
I couldn't disagree more with the latest review that was posted. This "A" school sets the highest standards for their teachers and staff. I'm thankful that this school only allows the best and will not tolerate mediocre teaching. That is exactly why this school environment works for our family.

Posted March 28, 2014
I have elementary and middle school children that attend this school. The Principal and the Dean of Students are professional and very supportive of the students and parents. Channelside Academy is an exemplary example of an interactive school that connects fun and learning. Our children love the small classroom atmosphere and the quality of the teachers and staff. This school is top notch at challenging the development of young minds!

Channelside Academy Of Math And Science
1029 East Twiggs Street, Tampa, FL  33602
Last modified Channelside Academy Of Math And Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Channelside Academy Of Math And Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top