Tampa, FL
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted October 25, 2014
This school is terrible! The guidance counselor are useless in this school. AP and teachers don't help students out. ELP doesn't help students at all.

Monroe Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
My kid started sixth grade at Monroe this year and I was skeptical based on the reviews that were posted here on this website. Bottom Line is the school has great teachers, good environment and an excellent Principal. The communication the school has provided has been great, I especially appreciate the continuous updates the Principal provides via automated phone letting you know what to expect from the school (progress reports, meetings, etc).

Posted February 15, 2014
Previous reviews (before 2012) need to be taken with a grain of salt. There is an AMAZING new principal at this school. The principal, Mr. Hart, is one of the most dedicated men in the profession. He truly cares about his school and is invested in the future of Monroe. In ONE year, he helped lead the school from a "D" to six points from a "B." Great things are happening at Monroe and you can keep on seeing the progress as we speak. Monroe has unique electives, A Global Leadership Program, AVID, Stem Electives, and a dedicated faculty and staff. Monroe will continue to rise.

Posted September 30, 2013
Before the Hillsborough Superintendent changed this school to a United Nations Middle School using ASPnet they were an "A" school. Now they are down to a "D" rating. Their scores are horrible so why are the powers to be not being held accountable for this failure at the expense of the children? Fits in with the ral goal of Common Core to Dumb Down our children!

Posted September 04, 2013
This is my daughters second year at the school. She likes her teachers and the opportunities the school offers (Journalism, JLC). I was worried about the school because of things we had heard, but overall we haven't had any issues.

Monroe Middle School 4

Posted August 10, 2013
I'm not going to say Monroe is perfect, but then it's not horrible or bad. Were an average school and people are just going to have to deal with it. I've went to Monroe all three years 2012-2014 and their has been a major improvement. We will miss all retired and transferred teachers. P.s Mr A.Watson was thecm best band teacher ever, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be so confident inside.

Posted August 07, 2012
I am a teacher at Monroe and I cannot say enough how great this school year is going to be! As a staff, we are super excited to start our Olympic Competition and see our new uniforms!

Posted July 10, 2012
This is a horrible school! I never wanna step foot in there again!!!! Teachers are rude! Media Specialist & Band Directer are best teachers there!!!

Posted July 10, 2012
This school is terrible! Both of my children had to attend this school. It ruined my daughter mentally. She was called names and Bullied and nothing was ever done about it. She was racially bullied and it was ignored because she was a white student. The staff seems to just not care. The only teachers in the school that have any respect and actually love the kids are Mr. Watson the band teacher who really helped my son become an awesome trumpet player, and Ms. Ehlke who was wonderful and helpful to both of my kids. Thank goodness we moved out of south Tampa and my kids do not ever have to step foot in that place that is unfit to even call a school!

Posted May 05, 2012
MONROE MIDDLE SCHOOL IS NOT A GOOD SCHOOL BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO MANY FIGHTS AT THE SCHOOL AND IF A STUDENT TRIES TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM ANOTHER STUDENT THATS PHYSICALY FIGHTING THEM GETS AN AUTOMATIC TEN DAY SUSPENSION FROM SCHOOL ! THE SCHOOL DOES NOT INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION THOROUGHLY !

Monroe Middle School
4716 West Montgomery Avenue, Tampa, FL  33616
Last modified Monroe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top