690 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

My daughter has spent her last three years as a charger. I too thanks to this website was nervous back three years ago on sending my child here as some of the reviews were scary. We decided to give it a try and I couldn't be any happier. The staff is great and most are always ready to help in anyway that they can. My daughter has excelled in all her studies and is active in all the school has to offer. The school is now B rated and just this year changed to a STEM school. Like any middle school in this district you will find common issues ie fights but in my three years at Monroe it has always been handle quickly and with the students safety at hand.

We just moved to Florida and this is my son's first year at the school. So far he is really liking it there. He has great teachers and he loves them. He was also able to make new friends in a short time. My first impression was at the open house where EVERYONE was sooo helpful including the principal who was literally going around to check if anyone needs help. To summarize, I am really happy that my son is going to school everyday with a positive energy and comes back home feeling the same way.

I would highly encourage any parent to look into your school choice options. My child has been sexually harassed, bullied, and assaulted. When I engaged the principal of that grade I felt patronized and slighted- like I was considered "that parent" because I was an advocate for my child. I feel the faculty is overworked and is powerless in some respects in dealing with a student load that appears to be largely comprised of aggressive and ill-tempered children. Many of whom would be ideal candidates for alternative learning institutions. I more than appreciate the adage of, "kids are cruel" but this school was ridiculous.

Monroe Middle and Madison are the worst schools in the universe. They both need to be shut down. The teachers quit in the middle of the month, leaving the students with a substitute that does not teaches lessons. My daughters science teacher quit and its been over a few weeks or maybe more and she still doing no lessons in the class. The kids are disruptive and the substitute encourages them to have parties and social time. The school is horrible, the principal also quit??? What in the world is going on with these schools. The School board, district 1 is just as bad!!

This school is terrible! The guidance counselor are useless in this school. AP and teachers don't help students out. ELP doesn't help students at all.

My kid started sixth grade at Monroe this year and I was skeptical based on the reviews that were posted here on this website. Bottom Line is the school has great teachers, good environment and an excellent Principal. The communication the school has provided has been great, I especially appreciate the continuous updates the Principal provides via automated phone letting you know what to expect from the school (progress reports, meetings, etc).

Previous reviews (before 2012) need to be taken with a grain of salt. There is an AMAZING new principal at this school. The principal, Mr. Hart, is one of the most dedicated men in the profession. He truly cares about his school and is invested in the future of Monroe. In ONE year, he helped lead the school from a "D" to six points from a "B." Great things are happening at Monroe and you can keep on seeing the progress as we speak. Monroe has unique electives, A Global Leadership Program, AVID, Stem Electives, and a dedicated faculty and staff. Monroe will continue to rise.

Before the Hillsborough Superintendent changed this school to a United Nations Middle School using ASPnet they were an "A" school. Now they are down to a "D" rating. Their scores are horrible so why are the powers to be not being held accountable for this failure at the expense of the children? Fits in with the ral goal of Common Core to Dumb Down our children!

This is my daughters second year at the school. She likes her teachers and the opportunities the school offers (Journalism, JLC). I was worried about the school because of things we had heard, but overall we haven't had any issues.

I'm not going to say Monroe is perfect, but then it's not horrible or bad. Were an average school and people are just going to have to deal with it. I've went to Monroe all three years 2012-2014 and their has been a major improvement. We will miss all retired and transferred teachers. P.s Mr A.Watson was thecm best band teacher ever, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be so confident inside.

Last modified Monroe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.