1,973 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

English Curriculum is from decades ago and not pertinent for a multicultural population that can not relate with this school culture. And a predominantly white English faculty does not promote an example for a diverse population.

My daughter is going into her third year and it has been a great experience. The administration especially the principal is top notch and have worked hard to elevate the school. Most of the students Ive met are polite and motivated. Many teachers are great and dedicated. Sports are ok but there is a lot of spirit and tradition. The band ROTC and culinary are great.

My daughter just graduated from this school. Her experience was mostly positive and for the 1st 3.5 yrs, we had a great guidance counselor that was super helpful with making adjustments to her class schedule to accomodate for the dual-enrollment classes she was taking at HCC etc. Unfortunately, that counselor left midway through the year and her replacement has been singularly unhelpful. I still have my son to get through 2 more years and, if I have to continue to deal with this woman, I think my head will explode. Bottom line I guess is, that it all depends on who you are forced to deal with in the school. I can name a couple of dozen teachers and admins that are terrific. Unfortunately, I can also name a few that need to retire or get fired.

I had the opportunity to visit this school in my role as a school counselor. The infrastructure is well maintained and free of architectural barriers. The cafeteria is one of the cleanest and best themed dining rooms I've seen in my life. The administrative and teaching staff is a highly competent and professional, especially the school principal. If given the opportunity to select a school as either workplace or school to mine, Leto High School would be my first choice in Tampa. - Lic. Myriam Rivera, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Students & Teachers equally make or break schools and for that very reason Leto is a great institution. . Our student body is respectful and hardworking and our faculty is highly dedicated and committed. A perfect recipe for greatness.

Most of the staff are supportive and inspiring but some just sit there and do nothing while you take notes on a useless power-point and when they test you you're supposed to know everything when they have not been teaching at all. The kids are not that bad but very rude at times. The ROTC program is excellent but the football team is awful.

I Attend Leto as a Sophomore now in 2011 and this school is horrible. The education is horrible and so are the teachers and the assistant principles. The school is unorganized when it comes to Fcat and our final exams.The kids are rude and don't want to learn. The teachers actually make fun of each other, the students, and parents. The teachers also say stuff like "What Do you expect it's Leto" Or They say comments about the many Hispanic races in the school. One of my teachers were talking to an assistant principal about someones mom and how she wears a scarf around her head and how stupid it looks. I Have begged my mom to let me go to a different school to continue my education because the teachers are lazy and don't want to even teach you. I was a straight A student my freshmen year and i didn't go to Leto. I come to Leto and I Get a D which i have NEVER gotten before. In my opinion Leto is the worst school in Hillsborough county.

My son graduated this yr 2011 after transferring to leto for his senior yr. I was suprised it was not as bad as anticipated. My only complaint is there was very little communication to the parents regarding senior deadlines for pictures, grad night, cap and gown ordering etc... I found most of my information out through another parent from another local high school that kept their families informed. I would call the school to inquire and get the run around. But all in all not bad my son enjoyed his senior yr there and completed his high school education!!

I graduated from Leto in 2008. I attend the University of South Florida on a full scholarship. I am double majoring in Psychology and Elementary Education and plan to graduate Spring 2012. I believe that school is what you make it. I had an amazing time during my four years there. I had motivating teachers in the criminal justice, foreign language, and English departments. A long with the counselors, they helped me get to where I am today.

These reviews are a joke. They are clearly written by the teachers themselves becuase there isn't a student there that would agree with most of the "Student Reviews". First the school scored a 3 on statewide testing. As a student I can say with all honesty that the score may be higher than my own experience. Quality teachers are not the norm - they're overwhelmed with large class size, unruly kids - it's all they can do to keep order in the class. There have been teachers who have truly inspired and motivated me (thanks you Mr. Bassett) but for the most part the teachers care about educating about as much as the students care about learning - it's sad. I begged my mom to let me transfer out of Leto and move to ohio and live with my aunt becuase the learning is tough there. And there is a world of difference between Leto and my new school Copley Fairlawn in ohio - I truly feel that when I graduate I will I will be fully prepared for college.

Last modified Leto High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.