Posted May 09, 2014
my son attended this school for his 6th grade year he went from a honor roll student in honors classes to a C and D student. His absence from one class was not excused when he was signed out early because he has to have allergy shots twice a week so he was failed in that class because the teacher wouldn't give him the make up work. I don't really think he's learning anything in this school because he's bored and he gets distracted when he's not challenged. The way they let some of those kids dress i.e. 8th graders because they don't have to wear uniforms is ridiculous. They also allow kids to steal. My son cell phone was stolen in the care of a teacher having it and they gave me a hard time about paying me back for it. Luckily my son will be attending Stewart next school year since he wants to go to college for engineering. I'm hoping his grades come back up with the change. I wouldn't recommend this school for any child that is above average in grades let alone a nice, respectful kid.

Madison Middle School 4

Posted September 01, 2013
I have had 2 children attend Madsion, with very positive outcomes! So many people talk very negative about it, but it is changing! There are some VERY awesome, dedicated teachers that only want the best for the kids. Are there problems...yes, but there are issues at ALL middle schools, but you no one talks about the 'good' schools. If we could just get more of the parents and community involved, we could prove that we are a GREAT school!

Madison Middle School 5

Posted August 31, 2013
This is a little diamond in the rough of a school. The teacher are wonderful and the classrooms are filled with great kids. This is a school filled with lots of diverese kids which is what the world made of. So happy we gave the school a chance we have not been disappointed!

Posted October 10, 2012
I teach a special program at a host of schools in the Tampa Bay area, and have to say Madison has been my most disappointing experience of schools so far. The teachers seem dedicated, but the students at this school are just plain disgraceful. There was your mixture of apparently good kids and bad kids, but the proportions in this school lean towards a bunch of little punks. In my class of 21 kids, 5 of them were in the 8th grade now for the 2nd time. That is horrible percentages. I had 3 students who simply refused to participate, and sat there with their heads down sleeping, even though myself and the teacher tried to engage them and she threatened them with being sent to office. I was not sure if I was in a middle school or "in the hood" by he way these kids were allowed to speak, and act both boys and girls. It was a bunch of little gangsters running around. This type of behavior should be discouraged, yet in this school it seems the culture. My son is in elementary school now, and there would be no way I would send him to this school, good teachers or not, I would not want him with these type of kids and in an environment where this culture was allowed.

Posted October 10, 2012
I have never been impressed w/Madison Middle School. I wish that I'd complained to the School Board about the ineffective methods used by the "powers that be" there b4 it was too late for my son. If more time was spent teaching the kids there than the time wasted on dealing w/petty issues, our kids might learn something.

Madison Middle School 4

Posted September 27, 2012
Hello! My daughter is in the 7th grade at Madison. She is in the AVID program, which I highly reccomend. Mrs. Chowning is one heck of a motivator and really loves her kids. Mr Pettyjohn is incredible he really connects with the students and goes above and beyond. I know quite a few kids in the STEM program and they are really challenged to excel. We as residents in South Tampa owe it to our kids to fill our local schools, this will stop the bussing. I have had zero incidents with bullying. There is a HOST aftercare program. I am very glad I chose Madison.

Posted September 09, 2012
Um the students r wild and crazy at least 1 or two fights a day I was a student last year the school sports teams terrible I was in all boy sports I think they need to buckle down and control there students better my mom didn't like the school so we moved advise you parents to send you're students somewhere else immediately about 45% of the students are good are great the teachers are extraordinary they really care but again its a terrible learning environment.My favorite teacher is Mrs.Haskins she's an advanced honors teacher of the 6 th grade language arts. I'm not gonna put my name. Sincerely shadow walker

Madison Middle School 3

Posted November 17, 2011
Madison has improved. They have high school credit classes, an increasing number of student are in these classes. We (me, my son and daughter) feel it is moving in the right direction.

Madison Middle School 3

Posted October 22, 2011
@the person who posted on August 4, 2011 I know Madison may be an ok middle school, but I just have to say Coleman is just as good, if not better so stop walking around saying it was the best decision of your "parent life" to send your kid to madison. All I'm trying to say is leave the words John A. Coleman Middle School OUT of your review. K? If you don't have anything nice to say, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Madison Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2011
I recently transferred my child from a local middle school down the road (Coleman) to Madison and I thank god everyday that I made this choice. The staff at Madison have a true passion for their jobs. They bend over backwards for each and every student. Also, my son is not in the STEM program. There is this rumor going around that the only good place at Madison is in STEM. Well that is not true. My son is receiving and excellent education from highly qualified teachers in an atmosphere which allows my son to be successful. Please do not elect to send you son/.daughter to attend another school, send them to Madison if you care about their future.

Madison Middle School
4444 West Bay Vista Avenue, Tampa, FL  33611
Last modified Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top