762 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The school is reactive not proactive. The administration is terrible with only a few (literally) good teachers. The students are disrespectful. Terrible school with a terrible principal.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school is not fair. The teachers are awful, lack in many areas and demonstrate small minds with limited ability to help a student.

6th grader at Madison. I laughed at some of these reviews because, now is 2014-2015 and these kids are really rude and won't listen to teachers. Just cause work is too hard, boring, I choose to work cause I care for my future, If these kids don't care about what they do and think that they're all that, but let them be that way, if the parents don't do anything about it, guess what, Broke. Let's say this for example:Parents low on money and the child they had is 18+ but needs money that is unemployed for dropping out of highschool. The family would be broke now. Parents, teach your kids, I've been the same and now I'm in all advanced classes. :) By me getting to college will be my goal. My only word to the "Gangsters" of this school, have fun working at mcdonalds or any job that doesn't gives you good money in the future. Kid's your choice. Parent's/Guardians who care for you and is strict is the best you can ever ask for, they just want you to get somewhere in life.

my son attended this school for his 6th grade year he went from a honor roll student in honors classes to a C and D student. His absence from one class was not excused when he was signed out early because he has to have allergy shots twice a week so he was failed in that class because the teacher wouldn't give him the make up work. I don't really think he's learning anything in this school because he's bored and he gets distracted when he's not challenged. The way they let some of those kids dress i.e. 8th graders because they don't have to wear uniforms is ridiculous. They also allow kids to steal. My son cell phone was stolen in the care of a teacher having it and they gave me a hard time about paying me back for it. Luckily my son will be attending Stewart next school year since he wants to go to college for engineering. I'm hoping his grades come back up with the change. I wouldn't recommend this school for any child that is above average in grades let alone a nice, respectful kid.

I have had 2 children attend Madsion, with very positive outcomes! So many people talk very negative about it, but it is changing! There are some VERY awesome, dedicated teachers that only want the best for the kids. Are there problems...yes, but there are issues at ALL middle schools, but you no one talks about the 'good' schools. If we could just get more of the parents and community involved, we could prove that we are a GREAT school!

This is a little diamond in the rough of a school. The teacher are wonderful and the classrooms are filled with great kids. This is a school filled with lots of diverese kids which is what the world made of. So happy we gave the school a chance we have not been disappointed!

I teach a special program at a host of schools in the Tampa Bay area, and have to say Madison has been my most disappointing experience of schools so far. The teachers seem dedicated, but the students at this school are just plain disgraceful. There was your mixture of apparently good kids and bad kids, but the proportions in this school lean towards a bunch of little punks. In my class of 21 kids, 5 of them were in the 8th grade now for the 2nd time. That is horrible percentages. I had 3 students who simply refused to participate, and sat there with their heads down sleeping, even though myself and the teacher tried to engage them and she threatened them with being sent to office. I was not sure if I was in a middle school or "in the hood" by he way these kids were allowed to speak, and act both boys and girls. It was a bunch of little gangsters running around. This type of behavior should be discouraged, yet in this school it seems the culture. My son is in elementary school now, and there would be no way I would send him to this school, good teachers or not, I would not want him with these type of kids and in an environment where this culture was allowed.

I have never been impressed w/Madison Middle School. I wish that I'd complained to the School Board about the ineffective methods used by the "powers that be" there b4 it was too late for my son. If more time was spent teaching the kids there than the time wasted on dealing w/petty issues, our kids might learn something.

Hello! My daughter is in the 7th grade at Madison. She is in the AVID program, which I highly reccomend. Mrs. Chowning is one heck of a motivator and really loves her kids. Mr Pettyjohn is incredible he really connects with the students and goes above and beyond. I know quite a few kids in the STEM program and they are really challenged to excel. We as residents in South Tampa owe it to our kids to fill our local schools, this will stop the bussing. I have had zero incidents with bullying. There is a HOST aftercare program. I am very glad I chose Madison.

Um the students r wild and crazy at least 1 or two fights a day I was a student last year the school sports teams terrible I was in all boy sports I think they need to buckle down and control there students better my mom didn't like the school so we moved advise you parents to send you're students somewhere else immediately about 45% of the students are good are great the teachers are extraordinary they really care but again its a terrible learning environment.My favorite teacher is Mrs.Haskins she's an advanced honors teacher of the 6 th grade language arts. I'm not gonna put my name. Sincerely shadow walker

Last modified Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.