119 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
We transferred our girls into the school after a bit of moving around, into K and 3rd grade. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this awesome school. The teachers and staff are extremely communicative, caring and organized—the school puts on lovely functions for the kids and their minds are challenged more than ever before. My girls are comfortable in school and know kids in other grades, other teachers, and the school staff—like a big family! My daughter recently went to represent the school at MOSI and the vice principle (and her teacher) was there to see all the kids from Channelside participate… on a Saturday. Don’t hesitate to apply to this Charter—it is in high demand for a reason, and I count our lucky stars our kids were able to get into this school.

Channelside Academy Middle School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 03, 2015
A shout out to our principal, Ms. Suzanne Elder!!! Ms. Elder is intelligent, well spoken, fair, and a amazing leader!

Posted November 03, 2015
We have two daughters attending CAMS for the last three years. We started at 4th and 6th grade. We have had experience in both the elementary and middle school environments. I have nothing but positive things to say, from the staff, executive positions, and curriculum!! My children are excelling academically and socially. The principal is approachable and wants to hear feed back, good and back. Any concerns that I have voiced have all been addressed to my satisfaction. There are plenty of activities for students from music, student council positions, marine biology society to photography even a running club. All of the teachers expect excellence and want all students to succeed. Don't hesitate to enroll your children here!!

Posted March 25, 2015
If you are looking for a private school setting you have come to the right place. We have been attending the school since it first opened. The principal cares about the students and the teachers and staff are so kind.

Posted October 15, 2014
I'm a student in 7th grade and i think this school is amazing.... we do have PE and music and they no longer have career research . This school is awesome and I want more kids in my class! :D

Channelside Academy Middle School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is awful they allow children to bully others and make racial slurs. My child gets made fun of for not apparent reason. The teachers say nothing and let the kids go on. I am taking my child out of here as soon as the year is up. The elementary school is a joke. They do not teach anything to prepare the children for major tests. They aren't even teaching on the curriculum. I would never recommend this school becasue its just been a nightmare. My child is always upset when she comes home and I have had enough. They need a new staff that actually cares about the children well being. I like nothing about this school and cant wait to take her out of there.

Posted February 12, 2014
I have a first grader that attends elementary here and a sixth grader that attends here! I wouldn't trade this school for the world. My kids absolutely love it and so do we as parents. The teachers and entire staff are amazing we are so blessed to have found such an awesome school. Thank you for everything Channelside Academy!

Channelside Academy Middle School 1

Posted June 04, 2013
I am a parent of a (soon to be) former middle school student at Channelside. After a good experience during elementary school, we were VERY disappointed in the middle school. It is basically just extended elementary school. There were zero electives offered, no art or music, and PE was changed to "Career Research and Critical Thinking" for the second half of the school year. There is no guidance program, even though the public middle schools have programs to get students thinking about college opportunities and how to plan at this level. We were told that the school "does not teach to the test", but 6th grade students were placed into one of two classes based on their FCAT scores from 5th grade. I do not think that the administration or most of the teachers know how to handle the issues that come along with the physical and emotional changes that middle schoolers are experiencing. Many of my child's classmates are not returning to this school next year, and the general opinion is that this school is in no way preparing its students for transition to high school. There is just not enough opportunity to grow and develop here. I would not recommend this middle school.

Channelside Academy Middle School
1029 East Twiggs Street, Tampa, FL  33602
Last modified Channelside Academy Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.