810 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
Depending on the class that a teacher has and what grade, the teacher can move up a next grade with the same students that they had the year before and that brought our class together. That helped because we already knew each other and each other's strengths.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 21, 2015
I feel this way because anytime our class does something bad or unacceptable, the teacher will confront us if they need to and give us a lecture to put us (the students that misbehaved) in our right minds. Like if we had a substitute or if someone is being bullied. The teacher will confront them (at least the teachers I had) and make them apologize, and if it continues to happen after they had a talk with them they will contact their parents to try and figure something out to stop what's happening.

Posted August 13, 2014
To address a key point the current administration @ Miles, for the last 5 yrs have demonstrated a strong commitment to improve the school & to bring it to a higher level each year. In the last 2 yrs, I have never felt excluded on any decision involving my boys' educational or participation in school activties. While I abhor Common Core and we are all going through an adjustment period, I found that my boys' teachers have gone the extra distance to make it work for the class. Miles may have been bad before but it is now moving up to be a better schoold that I'm happy to send my boys to.

Posted July 17, 2013
The overall quality of the school is great, older reviews were with the old principal. The after school program is basicly chaos, but mine didn't go once I realized that. The teachers were awesome. The classification of the school as a renaissance school due to low income area isn't very helpful when it comes to getting substitutes when needs. The classes had to split on several occasion due to no sub, but in a way I felt like it gave my child flexibility and feel he handled it well even though his social skills are lacking. Once his teacher went out to have a baby, we sort of adapted a "go with the flow" attitude which helped him a lot. I think he even found it fund when the classes got split on occasion. The staff is excellent, kudos to the principal and asst principal for being so involved.

Miles Elementary School 5

Posted February 02, 2012
This school is a awesome school in my book. Teachers are care helpful and understanding. I my self went to this school and am proud that my children are to fallow in my foot steps. thank you to all the teacher for there help in teaching my son. THANK YOU<3

Posted January 07, 2011
Moving this year as a single parent I have always been actively involved in my sons education. Miles elementary is the absolute worst school I have ever been involved with! Finally after 5 months of nothing but problems I get a reaction from the principal. It took calling the school board. They do not welcome parent interaction. They are very unorganized. The majority of the office staff is under qualified not only professionally but also socially. The classrooms are poorly monitored. The teachers as well as students come and go as they please. There tutoring program is pointless they offer it but do not implement it. My son sits an hour before anything is actually started. Rather than progressing his education my son is regressing. He WILL NOT be attending this school next year even if it means moving!!!!

Miles Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2009
They would probably be a great school if they would use the parent resources available. They don't even seem to want parent input or help. I volunteered to help repeatedly last year and it was like pulling teeth to get the chance to actually help. They seem to think using parent volunteers is more trouble than it is worth. Sad state of affairs.

Posted February 01, 2009
The reason I'm writing this review is because like the other reviewers I thought the teachers did a great job with my children but the principal was nonexistant. The teachers would get back to me right away, but Mrs Coyle (the principal) was either never there or would never return my calls. Is'nt a principal supposed to be at the school 24/7. I think the school would be alot better if the principal actually was there, instead of chronically absent. I heard that she's leaving next year and me and some of the other parents could'nt be happier. Like I said I love the teachers, but the school needs better direction.

Posted January 29, 2009

Posted August 07, 2008
My children attended miles for 2 and 4 years. I have always loved this school. I got the opportunity to know a number of the teachers there in that time. I found them to be loving to all of the students. My kids loved going to school in the mornings. How many kids say that. Even my baby who was to start this years is now broken hearted to not be allowed to be in her sisters kidnergarden class. We won't be at Miles this year because of over crowded classes. Our special assignment was denied. I will continue to try to bring them back to the caring enviroment that we as a family have grown to love. We will miss them. I will always continue to recommend this school to anyone lucky enough to learn here.

317 East 124th Avenue, Tampa, FL  33612
Last modified Miles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.