643 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Posted January 12, 2015
I'm a proud parent of a 3rd grade transfer in the middle of the year to Mitchell Elementary school. The school is a dream with classic schoolhouse architecture, extraordinary teachers, and a principal that seems like she walked out of Mary Poppins! As a homeschooling parent of 5 years, I was very nervous and a bit skeptical about enrolling my 8 year old daughter in public school. However, the entire staff from the secretary to the coach to the cafeteria workers have made the transition simple, and my daughter loves going to school each day! We are very grateful to be a part of such a socially and academically enriching school.

Posted January 08, 2014
We are a military family and moved here when my daughter started kindergarten. She is now in 2nd grade and we are sad to be leaving this school. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences all around. The music/ violin program is outstanding. And the gifted program is excellent too. Although the school has over 500 students it has a small school feeling. You are greeted with smiles and kindness by all the staff every day.

Posted November 03, 2013
Wonderful experience! The staff is incredible and the individual needs of my learning disabled child is recognized. This is a public school that simulates a private school in regards to expectations, parent involvement, teacher qualifications and uniforms are easy to purchase at local shops. A must!

Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
My child attended the school in kindergarten , and was rejected by the principle because of affidavit , when I went to registe for first grader she threaten to send a social worker out to our house to verify address , even with the proper document of proof of address, she was very nasty with me, I do not recommend this school, very disappointing

Posted March 20, 2013
My daughter has attended since kindergarten. She's now in 5th grade. My daughter, my wife, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mitchell experience.

Posted November 28, 2012
I have had a child here for 3 years, love the school and the teachers.

Posted April 27, 2012
I have a kindergartener, so I'm "new" in the world of formal schooling. Until Mitchell, I assumed I'd need to invest in private school. But, now, I save about $14-20K every year because my son is in a public school that is so well-run, organized and discliplined that it FEELS like a private school. There are no busses in and out, so all families live in the vicinity. It's a middle- to upper-class area of South Tampa but doesn't have a lot of airs or pretenses. Just good families. The concentration on student education exceeds my expectations DAILY. Some of the teachers are newer/younger and some are more seasoned. However, with strong leadership at the school, this has seemed to be a non-issue overall, and all faculty are held to equal standards. I'm thrilled we picked this neighborhood and qualify for Mitchell. I'd never move my child out of it.

Mitchell Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2012
This is an excellent school if you have a gifted child or a child who does not have any special learning needs. If you have a child with special needs make sure to get to know the guidance counselor as she seems to be the only one to advocate for your child. There are some teachers excellent but the teachers who teach to the FCAT and do not know how to deal with special learning needs will not direct you to resources/guidance- you have to be an advocate for your child and go straight to the top

Posted September 02, 2011
The administration at Mitchell is fabulous with strong leadership, values, and goals. This is directly reflected in the teachers' work and love for our children. The parental involvement and PTA are wonderful and I am pride to be a part of this. We won't go anywhere else!

Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted September 01, 2011
Very Disappointed in School. Pick up and drop off is complete chaos with parents acting like kids pulling in front when its not there turn, running the stop signs...its chaotic. Then after my child makes friends in class and gets to know the teacher. We find out our child will be moved to a shared class with 29 kids and two teachers because there are 19 kids in our childs class. So the solution is to put our child in a class with 29 kids and two teachers. This seems so wrong on so many levels. We are planning to put our child in a private school during the winter break so we can put the chaos behind us once and for all. I had heard such good things about this school but we have yet to see anything good.

Mitchell Elementary School
205 South Bungalow Park Avenue, Tampa, FL  33609
Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mitchell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top