643 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Mitchell has exceeded our expectations for an elementary school! The administration is top notch, and they truly care about each and every child. The teachers go above and beyond to make learning fun and engaging for kids. We are proud to be Mitchell Bobcats!

I'm a proud parent of a 3rd grade transfer in the middle of the year to Mitchell Elementary school. The school is a dream with classic schoolhouse architecture, extraordinary teachers, and a principal that seems like she walked out of Mary Poppins! As a homeschooling parent of 5 years, I was very nervous and a bit skeptical about enrolling my 8 year old daughter in public school. However, the entire staff from the secretary to the coach to the cafeteria workers have made the transition simple, and my daughter loves going to school each day! We are very grateful to be a part of such a socially and academically enriching school.

We are a military family and moved here when my daughter started kindergarten. She is now in 2nd grade and we are sad to be leaving this school. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences all around. The music/ violin program is outstanding. And the gifted program is excellent too. Although the school has over 500 students it has a small school feeling. You are greeted with smiles and kindness by all the staff every day.

Wonderful experience! The staff is incredible and the individual needs of my learning disabled child is recognized. This is a public school that simulates a private school in regards to expectations, parent involvement, teacher qualifications and uniforms are easy to purchase at local shops. A must!

My child attended the school in kindergarten , and was rejected by the principle because of affidavit , when I went to registe for first grader she threaten to send a social worker out to our house to verify address , even with the proper document of proof of address, she was very nasty with me, I do not recommend this school, very disappointing

My daughter has attended since kindergarten. She's now in 5th grade. My daughter, my wife, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mitchell experience.

I have had a child here for 3 years, love the school and the teachers.

I have a kindergartener, so I'm "new" in the world of formal schooling. Until Mitchell, I assumed I'd need to invest in private school. But, now, I save about $14-20K every year because my son is in a public school that is so well-run, organized and discliplined that it FEELS like a private school. There are no busses in and out, so all families live in the vicinity. It's a middle- to upper-class area of South Tampa but doesn't have a lot of airs or pretenses. Just good families. The concentration on student education exceeds my expectations DAILY. Some of the teachers are newer/younger and some are more seasoned. However, with strong leadership at the school, this has seemed to be a non-issue overall, and all faculty are held to equal standards. I'm thrilled we picked this neighborhood and qualify for Mitchell. I'd never move my child out of it.

This is an excellent school if you have a gifted child or a child who does not have any special learning needs. If you have a child with special needs make sure to get to know the guidance counselor as she seems to be the only one to advocate for your child. There are some teachers excellent but the teachers who teach to the FCAT and do not know how to deal with special learning needs will not direct you to resources/guidance- you have to be an advocate for your child and go straight to the top

The administration at Mitchell is fabulous with strong leadership, values, and goals. This is directly reflected in the teachers' work and love for our children. The parental involvement and PTA are wonderful and I am pride to be a part of this. We won't go anywhere else!

Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.