Posted October 20, 2014
This is my daughter first year here at Henderson Hammock Charter School. We love this school. Have excellent staff and have a nice communication with us.

Posted October 16, 2014
I am an educator here at Henderson Hammock. I truly love coming to work each morning because of the family atmosphere at our school. The faculty, parents, and students are so supportive and excited to try new things. There are dozens of after school programs, as well as sports programs, for our students to particpate in. There is an evident amount of comradery that keeps us all motivated and supporting eachother!

Henderson Hammock Charter School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
Henderson Hamock is a wonderful school, my grandson loves going to school every day. He loves his teacher!

Posted October 16, 2014
Great school and it keeps getting better each year. My daughters absolutely love going to this school. Eventhough I don't spend much time at school due to work, I have open communication with the teachers and the principal. We as parents need to learn that if we have an issue with the school, we need to talk to the school directly to get a solution. Talking bad about the school to other parents is not going to fix the problems.

Posted October 16, 2014
This is our third year at this school. My son has loved every year. The environment is very family-like, firm, education based, but incredibly fun. The teachers seem to love their jobs, and the children, and the administration, and it shows. The extra-curricular activities are primarily for middleschoolers. I love the uniforms, encourages the focus on education, not fashion. While I do wish that carline wasn't such a frequent complaint, the school is doing amazing when you consider that they have almost 1200 students, and they are almost ALL dropped off, unlike most schools that transport students using buses. Most of all, I think that parents need to remember that we all CHOSE this school, and PARENTS need to do their share, as the school is certainly doing more than theirs.

Henderson Hammock Charter School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
I used to be a student here during their second year and I hated it. Everything the first year was wonderful! Seems like my teachers just pick favorites. The kids here are so mean! I have great friends though but I hate how the carline is set up too! They don't let us talk at lunch, or in the hall! We only have recess half of the year in our middle school year. A couple of the teachers are really snotty. I hate how this school is set up. 25 kids per class? Really? That's way too much. In my new school, there's 15 per class. I hate the company and when I'm older I WILL NEVER send anyone here.

Posted April 02, 2014
I don't ever write reviews but I am sick and tired of some parents who take things to the extreme. My son has been a student here for 2 years, there have been some bumps but nothing that has not been addressed and solved in a timely way. The car line has gotten much better and they work on it all the time. Principle is different from last year but not bad. When I see her she knows all kids by name and is very open and approachable. As soon as I walk into the office they know who I am and my kid. It is a close knit environment and that is what I was looking for. He is doing very well in school and has learned so much. Common core well every school will be getting that so deal with it. I like that there is more structure and I find it easy to communicate. They do have PE. AND my kid comes home every week with the new Spanish words he learned. He is offered chorus and other electives after school. I feel you get out if things what you put in. If you come on here and throw the F Bombs everywhere I can see what kid of attitude you are going in with to take care of your issues at the school. Maybe take a different approach.. That goes for any school you decide to put your kids in.

Henderson Hammock Charter School 2

Posted March 21, 2014
Extremely poor communication. My son has been attending for two years. Even though last year was the schools first year I thought everything went well. Sure there were hiccups, but problems got fixed. I received an email from the principal every other day, some were repetitive but at least I was aware what was going on! Then they decided to move the principal and the vice principal moved up. I can count on two hands how often I've heard from her all year. Unless it's a fundraiser, which happens every other week. Then they bombard you asking for money. Yet they are still unclear on details. There was recently a Jump for Heart fundraiser, I received two flyers telling my son what he can get if people donate so much money, still have no idea when it is. For all I know it could be over. They also decided to get a new online system, which is bizarre since it took half of last school year to get that one working right. This one doesn't tell you anything about what's going on, except your child's grades, if the teacher updates as they should. Lastly, my son has been taking Spanish for two years there, can't say anything. Apparently they watch a lot of movies. Very frustrating this year.

Henderson Hammock Charter School 2

Posted February 27, 2014
No communication. I'm asking for help and nobody care. I am a mom with 2 babies and my son who is in the first grade. It is very frustrated to do HW for my babies; they cry, etc. I asked to many times for help and nobody helps me :( . Bad communication.

Posted February 01, 2014
I'm a 7th grade student at HHCS and I love this school. The teachers are on top of our work. I have been in that school since 2012. And I love it. The thing I dislike is the PDA rule. No hugging,high fives,or etc. Really I think (and every single middle school student) that's messed up . But I guess that's what it is.

Henderson Hammock Charter School
10322 Henderson Road, Tampa, FL  33625
Last modified Henderson Hammock Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henderson Hammock Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top