Posted November 23, 2014
I am very impressed with Morgan Woods. We have a 2nd and 3rd grader at this school and the dedication of all of the faculty and administration are second to none. The staff have gone above and beyond our expectations in terms of working with our children, making themselves available to us as parents and running an excellent program.

Posted October 06, 2013
my daughter and son in morgan woods elemantry.i think great school for my kids all teacher and staff very coprative.

Morgan Woods Elementary School 2

Posted August 21, 2013
My child has been a student for many years at this school. 2nd day of class and already rudeness. I am a parent who is VERY involved in my child's education. We get there early, I usually wait outside the class room I know the 7:30a rule, but I wait in the center of the Pod where the air is at, but today i was told I had to wait outside.... Can you believe that? In this Tampa weather. No consideration at all very rude!! Then teachers complain when they don't even see the parent. Just incredible! The funny thing is it was only 4 mins till 7:30a.

Posted August 01, 2013
MORGAN WOODS IS A GREAT SCHOOL......... I TOOK MY SON OUT OF HIS SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF EDUCATION AND ECT...... I WENT ON LINE TO MY SCHOOL CHOICE AND SEEN MORGAN WOODS..... LOOKED UP THE SCHOOL AND WAS IMPRESSED..... BUT NOW MY SON IS THRILLED ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN........ SMALL CLASSROOMS AND BEAUTIFUL ATMOSPHERE...... FOR FOUR SEMESTER MY SON HAD A'S AND B'S...... ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU MORGAN WOODS FOR THE OUTSTANDING WORK...... MY SON IS LOOKING FORWARD TO SCHOOL THIS YEAR........ :-) THANK YOU.......

Morgan Woods Elementary School 4

Posted April 10, 2012
The teachers and staff I have met at this school are amazing. This is only my second year. As a single parent with a full time job, it's hard. I feel very welcome at this school. I can have breakfast with my daughter in the cafeteria; volunteer on my schedule; I am frequently invited to important sessions meetings; I am able to have lunch with my daughter on the school grounds. Speak often to the teacher, if that is the least you can do, then do it. I have a conversation with the teacher as often as possible about my child's achievements, as well as areas for improvement. You cannot wait until teacher/parent conference. Everyday is an opportunity to get involved and share in the challenges your child, and their school is facing. The energy and enthusiasm that these teachers exhibit is empowering. They have amazing ideas and they share them. You want your child to write well. Visit their classroom and involve yourself in how the teacher explains the mechanics of grammar. Then, you will be well equipped to reinforce what he/she has learned. Work together with your child's teacher and guidance counselor. Find opportunities to get in the classroom. You will see results.

Morgan Woods Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2010
I must agree with the comment that the writing at this school is poor. I have been let down by the speech therapist here for 2 years in a row. I have to correct almost everything my son writes, therefore decided to get a second opinion outside of school. Turns out there is a learning disability that has gone by completely undetected by any of his teachers. In addition to this his homework is only checked about a quarter of the time and that is only to see if it has been done, not if it is correct or not. It seems like the only students who get the special attetion they need are the one who are also a behavioral issue which my son is not. I feel as though they are just shuffling him along to the next grade without giving him the tools he needs to really learn. Needless to say I'm not impressed with Morgan Woods.

Posted July 24, 2008

Morgan Woods Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2008
My daughter is finishing up Kindergarten and her Teacher Mrs. Manning is/was excellent. Hopefully first grade will be the same. Mrs. Smallen (ELLP) has done an excellent job again this year with my son as well. Overall the school is Good!

Posted June 29, 2007
My daughter learned a lot with her Kindergarten teacher. She was always very advanced. I wish there had been more art integrated in the curriculum but I hope that will be the case as she enters 1st grade. Her teacher did a great job keepins us involved and informed of my daughter's progress.

Morgan Woods Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2007
Writing/spelling is poor and that is evidenced by looking at posted work on the walls.

Morgan Woods Elementary School
7001 Armand Drive, Tampa, FL  33634
Last modified Morgan Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morgan Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top