Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I FEEL SO CONFIDENT WITH MY CHILD STUDYING HERE. THE SCHOOL HAS EXCELLENTS TEACHERS. THE ACTIVITIES AND SUPPORT TO THE STUDENT IS REALLY IMPRESIVE...

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter is always encouraged to be honest , and to treat others with respect and to be accountable for her actions bith good and bad which is helping her to develop her integrity.

I love the monthly educational events they plan such as super hero night where they have informational but fun math and science projects connected to each super hero. And their Dr. Sues night where they focus more on reading and writing. I love the multi cultural event and the parent participation is amazing. When ever they have these school events you get to see your child interact with their teachers in an out of classroom environment while meeting their friends and parents. It's an excellent community to be involved in. They hold a veteran's ceremony every year for veterans day and send out thank you cards to the local vets in our community. My daughter excels in math and science which is why she chose to be in the garden club. She loves learning about plant life, what birds, bees, butterflies and other insects are attracted to the different plants, photosynthesis and how to care for plants. The school does focus alot of reading. Last year my daughter was overwhelmed with the pressure to always read, she enjoys math and science and actually won the math bowl and the scientific award last year. I love the school and staff the teachers are staff are very nice and encouraging.

As area elementary schools go, Morgan Woods is consistently tops. The state grade hovers around a "B", and considering other campuses and their inner-city feel, that's a decent score. The school itself is nestled in a decent neighborhood, surrounded by quiet streets, greenway trails and ball parks. It is clean and regularly maintained. The principal does a great job with the kids, and the teachers are overall competent. Our daughter loved it. MW is probably the best in the immediate area.

I am very impressed with Morgan Woods. We have a 2nd and 3rd grader at this school and the dedication of all of the faculty and administration are second to none. The staff have gone above and beyond our expectations in terms of working with our children, making themselves available to us as parents and running an excellent program.

my daughter and son in morgan woods elemantry.i think great school for my kids all teacher and staff very coprative.

My child has been a student for many years at this school. 2nd day of class and already rudeness. I am a parent who is VERY involved in my child's education. We get there early, I usually wait outside the class room I know the 7:30a rule, but I wait in the center of the Pod where the air is at, but today i was told I had to wait outside.... Can you believe that? In this Tampa weather. No consideration at all very rude!! Then teachers complain when they don't even see the parent. Just incredible! The funny thing is it was only 4 mins till 7:30a.

MORGAN WOODS IS A GREAT SCHOOL......... I TOOK MY SON OUT OF HIS SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF EDUCATION AND ECT...... I WENT ON LINE TO MY SCHOOL CHOICE AND SEEN MORGAN WOODS..... LOOKED UP THE SCHOOL AND WAS IMPRESSED..... BUT NOW MY SON IS THRILLED ABOUT GOING TO SCHOOL TO LEARN........ SMALL CLASSROOMS AND BEAUTIFUL ATMOSPHERE...... FOR FOUR SEMESTER MY SON HAD A'S AND B'S...... ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK YOU MORGAN WOODS FOR THE OUTSTANDING WORK...... MY SON IS LOOKING FORWARD TO SCHOOL THIS YEAR........ :-) THANK YOU.......

The teachers and staff I have met at this school are amazing. This is only my second year. As a single parent with a full time job, it's hard. I feel very welcome at this school. I can have breakfast with my daughter in the cafeteria; volunteer on my schedule; I am frequently invited to important sessions meetings; I am able to have lunch with my daughter on the school grounds. Speak often to the teacher, if that is the least you can do, then do it. I have a conversation with the teacher as often as possible about my child's achievements, as well as areas for improvement. You cannot wait until teacher/parent conference. Everyday is an opportunity to get involved and share in the challenges your child, and their school is facing. The energy and enthusiasm that these teachers exhibit is empowering. They have amazing ideas and they share them. You want your child to write well. Visit their classroom and involve yourself in how the teacher explains the mechanics of grammar. Then, you will be well equipped to reinforce what he/she has learned. Work together with your child's teacher and guidance counselor. Find opportunities to get in the classroom. You will see results.

I must agree with the comment that the writing at this school is poor. I have been let down by the speech therapist here for 2 years in a row. I have to correct almost everything my son writes, therefore decided to get a second opinion outside of school. Turns out there is a learning disability that has gone by completely undetected by any of his teachers. In addition to this his homework is only checked about a quarter of the time and that is only to see if it has been done, not if it is correct or not. It seems like the only students who get the special attetion they need are the one who are also a behavioral issue which my son is not. I feel as though they are just shuffling him along to the next grade without giving him the tools he needs to really learn. Needless to say I'm not impressed with Morgan Woods.

Last modified Morgan Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.