Tampa, FL

Mort Elementary School 5

Posted August 18, 2014
good, cool, awesome, nice. fhgfhg, fhgfcgn, ngfdgjf, ,hgfvh. vjgf ghfhg mhgcf mhfh hgfmhn vgfmhg mhjv mhjvhg

Posted March 11, 2014
Mort has come a long way in the past few years. There number one problem is lack of communication with the parents due to language barriers. The majority of students who attend here are Hispanic and speak no English at all. The other reason causing lack of communication is the parents who speak English but have no interest in their child's education. The area is not great and most of the families that live around here are either very young or have substance abuse problems. There are a few good families that care and are very interested in their child's education but there are far to few of us to make a difference on how this school is rated. The teachers are great and the staff are wonderful. This school gets a bad rep because of the surrounding area. I would not judge this school by the location it's in. Just like you should never judge a book by its cover! My daughter is a special needs child and gets treated like a princess there and her learning has exceeded mine and her neurologists expectations.

Mort Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
I have to say that at first I was skeptical about my son coming to Mort. we moved here from another state and with my son's disabilities I wasn't aware of the way they choose where the child goes to school. He was left to attend at Mort and was put in Ms. Kelly's 2nd grade class. After a rough start, I am beginning to feel comfortable with my son attending Mort Elementary. We have the full support of the wonderful Ms. Kelly and Ms. Henderson 2 of some of a few people who are involved in my son's education. Their patience and kindness is well appreciated. As a mother of a child who is on the Autism spectrum THAT is very important. If this school is a 'D' or an 'F' school it's because it lacks the neighborhood support and respect as an academic facility. Getting kids to school and on time does not seem like an important priority for some. If we could fix this somehow...I'm sure Mort would be an amazing school!

Posted July 19, 2012
I mean I: Freedman is the best teacher and she helped a lot to my son Robert to everything he could with the materials of kindergarten. she made every effort to get my son to learn, and I deeply appreciate that he had with the attention. and now I will go to 1st grade. we love u ms: freedman ...

Mort Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2010
I really like Mort the teachers care for the charges, but parents think that the teachers should do everything, but we as parents have to make time for our children and help them. Remember some schools get more help than others so we have to help the school, why our children future is at stake so help out when you can. My daughter has improve so much in the last 6 to 8 months that i am proud to say my child goes to Mort.

Posted July 09, 2008
This is my 4th year at Mort as an employee. I believe rather than bashing teachers and the 'few who lack pride' of the school, lets look at the positive drive and accomplishments of teachers, custodians, Aides, counselors, assistant pricipals, volunteers and parents having a true quest for Mort Students to succeed. We expect for the nuisance and the negative aspect of where the school is located, to drive certain parents within the same community to believe that Mort teachers and others have a lack of pride. That is incorrect. We have pride and lots of it. That is why Mort even has Saturday School, a clinic with clothing needs, free back to school bags, conferences, and many other stuff I cannot fit in this review. All I say we need to look at what we are working with and look at the great accomplishments--not the petty things in life.

Posted June 04, 2008
my daughter just finished 1st grade and she had the best teacher named Ms. Trainor. she had the best school year and love the students. Ms. Trainor always was right after the students.

Posted June 02, 2008
I'm not really sure how the one parent who reviewed this school can say the school smells and all those other nasty things. My experience has been quite the opposite and I was very skeptical, at first. My daughter attended 4th grade at Mort and is now finishing up 5th grade. I do believe that experience your child receives largely rests upon 1) your relationship to your child and 2) how good your child's teacher is. We were extremely fortunate to have been blessed with Mr. Stokes for 4th grade. I cant begin to say enough about this man. My daughter loved him and he loves his students and his job..you can just tell. She had Ms. Zamora for 5th grade and she's also a very good teacher and a sweet, positive person. They are improving the asthetics on the outside of the school.

Mort Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2008
The school is dirty and smells as well. There seems to be a lack of pride in the facility and it in turn is exhibited by the teachers who work there and then trickles down to the children. I would not let my child go there if it was the last school on earth.

Mort Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2007
This school is dirty and does not have the funding to hire good teachers. My son attended the special ed classes for 2 days and I pulled him out and sent him to VPK. This school is 'D' rated. Should be an F

1806 East Bearss Avenue, Tampa, FL  33613
Last modified Mort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mort Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top