603 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter has been going to Oak Park since KG now she's in the third grade this school year. Ever teacher she has had (Mrs.Holloway, Mrs.Pringles, Mrs.Jackson, Mrs.Chapman, Mrs.Simmons) is soooo wonderful and do a really good job with the kids. WE LOVE THE STAFF AT OAK PARK!!!!!

All I can say is that there are some good people in this school and most of them are new, the rest have no business working there, staff members give dirty looks and try to put your business out there. About 4 years ago when my son was in KG the teachers lied and said that I was an uninvolved parent and did not communicate with the teachers when I walked my son to class every morning and talked to the teacher and they also claimed the they was unaware of his asthma when I have letters from the nurse on the time and dates he had to go to the nurse and take his pump which I had to fill out paper work and bring letters from DR.'s ., Not to mention that they lost his pump and the paper work (mystery ha.) So i had to do it all over. I talked to the teachers all the time about his asthma and they had to call me several times to pick him up. I was always in that school for what ever reason so for them to say that I did not communicate with them was very hurtful. (by the way I have it in writing and it was by a different teacher not my sons so I couldn't understand how another teacher can say they was my sons teacher or how the school can let that happen.

My daughter came to Oak Park from a previous school because she had to do two years in head start. From the second week in school until the school year was over. The progress was exceptional!....The head-start teacher Mrs. O'keke took her time in teaching was very hands on my daughter knew more this year in head-start then last year. I love this school the teachers are wonderful and you cant find that now days. I went to Oak Park when i was in elementary school and I love it more now then i did back in the day and Im so glad that both of my daughters will be attending this School until its time to go to middle school!

My daughter came to Oak park from private schhol she was entering the 3rd grade, she came after the martin luther king holiday, Ms h. Fletcher brought the best out of her, because her scores were low. oak park has good teacher!

Before my son started attending Oak Park, he was reading at slightly above Kindergarten level. Since he has been attending Oak Park (which has only been about 3 months) he is reading at almost a second grade level! His teacher (Mrs Bennett) has dedicated herself to her students and their success.

Last modified Oak Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.