Posted March 02, 2013
Here's the problem, we all need to make sure that fairness is infiltrated throughout schools. That would solve many problems currently in all schools. Entitlement is what I'm reading. We're looking for a school in this area, and wanted what was best for our children that two have special needs, one adopted and exposed to alcohol. Any suggestions about this school, Currently we pay for Catholic schools in Michigan.

Posted August 29, 2012
As someone who switched to Plant from another highschool, I can tell you for sure that this is the best school in Florida. I went to Berkeley Prep for all of middle school and found it too stressful and all the kids the same. I went to Blake High for the Arts in 9th grade and found it way too relaxed and too.. for lack of a better word, ghetto. Now that I'm finishing my highschool years at Plant I see why everyone at other schools wish they could go there too. Perfect level of academics; challenging but definitely not something to shoot yourself over, huge student body that you can find many friends in no matter what your interests are, and gorgeous campus. I've never been so excited to go to school.

Plant High School 1

Posted November 16, 2010
kids are snobby and form allot of cliques, very overcrowded. i personally enjoy Robinson way more

Plant High School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
my daughter went to plant as a junior and senior and them 2 years were the best years of her entire life as a student. never had a disciplinary problem or academic problem. did better than she ever did at the academy or berkeley. that is why i am proud of my grandson going to plant.

Plant High School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
We paid $15,000 last year to send our son to a highly selective top rated private school and were very disappointed with the academic program taught by extremely new and in one case exceptionally out of date teachers. We have been awed by the quality of the acadmeic programs, extracurricular activities, sports programs and also the exceptional administrtive team and faculty.

Plant High School 2

Posted April 18, 2010
My son was a freshman at Plant last year and moved to a local private school his sophomore year. We found the academics at Plant lacking with the school seemingly more interested in maintaining high GPAs than in adequately preparing kids for college. The sports programs also seem to be geared toward kids who have played in the coach's camps and/or off season travel teams (moneymakers for the coaches) as opposed to selecting kids based strictly on playing ability and work ethic. Plant is probably a good choice relative to other public high schools in the area (excluding Robinson IB) but a poor choice compared to local private schools, or at least the one that our son attends.

Posted October 09, 2009

Plant High School 4

Posted September 15, 2009
Although I focused on the negative in my below review, Plant does have much to offer in terms of academics, athletics, extracurriculars, and service opportunities. Personally, I enjoyed competing on the math league team, participating in the Latin club and rowing on the crew team. Just a note: Having glanced around this site, I noticed that the list of AP tests offered does not include some of the tests that I took as a student at Plant, which I would assume are still available: Statistics, Physics C: Electro/Magnetism, Latin: Literature, Psychology, World History

Posted August 18, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009
As both a parent of two sons in this school and having substituted there as well, I would not have my kids go anywhere else, public or private. Great teachers, great administration, teriffic student body.

Plant High School
2415 South Himes Avenue, Tampa, FL  33629
Last modified Plant High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plant High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top