Progress Village Middle Magnet School 3

Posted July 31, 2014
**** 6th grade families****This summers reading assignment of the novel A corner of the Universe .I know our children are exposed to situations that they may not comprehend, without our guidance and explanation. Our words may help them grasp or absorb the meaning of circumstances that are good or bad. I feel parents should read this book with their student due to the content ( adult) of the novel.******* This book is an insightful look into the lives of Hattie, a girl who feels that she is an outsider who tends not to have many friends her own age, and her young Uncle Adam, whose unusual mental difficulties have caused her family to keep his existence a secret from Hattie until the summer that she turns twelve. Hattie learns a lot about being more open and accepting during this summer because of her uncle, and figures out that life is about "changing what's handed to you, about poking around a little, lifting the corners, seeing what's underneath, all sounds fine and dandy Actually there is a lot more to it.

Posted May 17, 2014
I have an 8th grader and a 6th grader at this school. They have had absolutely the best middle school experience I could have hoped.for. They feel safe and happy, and are excited about going to school every day. The arts program has really helped my kids blossom and develop confidence in themselves and the academic rigor has challenged them consistently. I was worried about middle school and bullying since both my kids are small for their age but instead they have developed friendships and feel included. I recommend the school to everyone.

Progress Village Middle Magnet School 1

Posted May 06, 2014
The bulling in the school is out of control. My daughter was getting bullied and my daughter defended herself. My daughter was suspended and the bully was not punished. The faulty does nothing to stop it. When I told the principal my daughter was not going to attend the following yr due to the bulling, he asked if he could speak with her and nothing happened. They seem to promote bulling instead of stopping it.

Posted March 09, 2014
I am an 8th grader at Progress Village and I must say, I absolutely love this school. When I first found out about the school I didn't want to go because of where it was located. I thought it would be a school with bad kids and fights, ect. In all honesty, I was completely wrong. I love going to school everyday. This school is like my second home. I met my best friends here and the teachers are amazing too. They care about us students as if we are their own children. Also, the arts part of the school is great. I am in the band program and I feel like part of a big, loving and caring family being in band. Progress Village is definitely a good school.

Posted February 24, 2014
This is a wonderful school. My daughter has attended this school for sixth and seventh grade and it has been such a positive experience for her. There is a climate of high expectations for both behavior and academics. The teachers are very dedicated. The students are involved in meaningful activities, which leaves little time for misbehavior. My daughter loves all the choices for electives and the academic courses are also very challenging.

Posted December 14, 2013
For every 5th grader who loves the arts and wants a good education, attend Progress Village. The teachers and staff are amazing, and they offer all kinds of opportunities here to help everybody succeed in both academics and the arts.

Posted July 29, 2013
This school is an amazing school. My sister used to go to progress village and she loved it. And I'm starting as a 6th grader and I'm Overwhelmed with excitement. I've gotten so much compliment and good thing said about progress village middle magnet school. I will be attending in P.E and Culinary arts in this school and everybody is telling me I will have the best time at this school. In 7th grade I would be glad to join the yearbook/ Journalism Committee for my third elective. People have also told me you make a lot of new friends and they soon to become best friends and they would be from a school you have never heard about. But I would Definitely recommend this school

Posted July 10, 2013
I heard this is a great school and i am going to this school this year as a 6th grader.

Posted June 19, 2011
Excellent school! The Administration, teachers, & PTSA make for a very rewarding experience for kids and parents alike.

Posted June 09, 2011
I highly recommend this school, especially if your child has an interest or talent in music, orchestra, art, theater, sewing, cooking, etc. My son had a wonderful time during his 3 years there (2008 - 2011) - overall the teachers were great and they really work with the kids to bring out the best in them. The principal is wonderful and dedicated, as is the staff. My son blossomed at this school and we rarely heard of any negative incidents or violence. Besides all the emphasis in the Arts, it's also academically an "A" school.

Progress Village Middle Magnet School
8113 Zinnia Drive, Tampa, FL  33619
Last modified Progress Village Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Progress Village Middle Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top