870 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Student (2 responses)

Progress Village Middle Magnet School 5

Posted January 13, 2016
I'm a 6th grader here at Progress Village and my experience here is AMAZING!! There are a lot of arts that we can choose from. I'm an orchestra student and I LOVE it!! The teachers here are really nice and I haven't heard of a fight so far here. The neighborhood may seem bad but the school is not!!

Progress Village Middle Magnet School 4

Posted July 05, 2015
I have to admit one of my friends got into a fight, but my friend was way smaller than the other person. So my friend was bruised and knocked out, even though none of this was her fault. The principal allowed the other student to be unpunished, due to possible mental illness such ADHD. Well my thought is, if that's the issue why isn't she with anger management. That's rude I know, but honest.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 05, 2015
-Student to Progress Village Middle Magnet (8th grader)- I am in the class of 2015-2016 8th graders, and I must say in my so far 2 years of going to this school its been a good experience. Like every school, there are some issues, but overall I definitely love going to school. They promote art into your school work to make it more fun and appealing. But the most I love about this school is the fact that as much I they praise the art programs, they also want each student to do excellent in their academic grades. For example, in my 7th grade year I had a little complications with my grades, and even though my grade had improved in a matter of a week, the guidance counselor takes her time to call down each student that had an D or lower in any classes to talk to them and discuss what could happen if this doesn't change before the end of the year. Overall, this school is great but I'm definitely looking forward to Freshman Year more than anything

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 05, 2015
I'm gonna say too much. Not just because I'm a kid, and I'm not a big fan of homework. But I honestly don't get why electives have to give you homework, I mean you're an elective.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 05, 2015
This school is very in tune with students academic performance. They have parties and treats at lunch for students with good grades on there progress alert, and report card. This determined students that didn't perform so well, to do better.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 05, 2015
Definitely. It's just some issues aren't handled well, but every school has misjudged an issue before right?

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted July 05, 2015
Even though in my sixth grade year at PV, I was bullied and it was handled right off the bat. But some of my other friends were not treated with the same fairness. I won't go into detail.

Progress Village Middle Magnet School 1

Posted May 02, 2015
New administration is extremely poor at communication. They do not reply to emails. Period. Not even a slow response they simply do not respond! We receive a Sunday phone call for the week ahead that provides little or no time to plan anything. All of the people who were available to parents at the beginning of the school year have left and any attempt at speaking to the Principal leaves you with a "I look into that" while looking at his phone... After a year full of multiple schedule changes, increased "disturbances" , and employees leaving, we are taking heed. We will not be back next year nor would I recommend this school to anyone. It is a shame because there really are some great teachers but they have NO leader.

Progress Village Middle Magnet School 3

Posted July 31, 2014
**** 6th grade families****This summers reading assignment of the novel A corner of the Universe .I know our children are exposed to situations that they may not comprehend, without our guidance and explanation. Our words may help them grasp or absorb the meaning of circumstances that are good or bad. I feel parents should read this book with their student due to the content ( adult) of the novel.******* This book is an insightful look into the lives of Hattie, a girl who feels that she is an outsider who tends not to have many friends her own age, and her young Uncle Adam, whose unusual mental difficulties have caused her family to keep his existence a secret from Hattie until the summer that she turns twelve. Hattie learns a lot about being more open and accepting during this summer because of her uncle, and figures out that life is about "changing what's handed to you, about poking around a little, lifting the corners, seeing what's underneath, all sounds fine and dandy Actually there is a lot more to it.

Progress Village Middle Magnet School 5

Posted May 17, 2014
I have an 8th grader and a 6th grader at this school. They have had absolutely the best middle school experience I could have hoped.for. They feel safe and happy, and are excited about going to school every day. The arts program has really helped my kids blossom and develop confidence in themselves and the academic rigor has challenged them consistently. I was worried about middle school and bullying since both my kids are small for their age but instead they have developed friendships and feel included. I recommend the school to everyone.

8113 Zinnia Drive, Tampa, FL  33619
Last modified Progress Village Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.