Posted August 25, 2014
I have 2 children at Roland Park and the oldest one has been there since it became a magnet school and she was in K. Although, I have nothing to compare it to, I am very pleased. I feel my children can progress as much as they need to and the teachers so far have been fantastic. It seems like my girls always get paired with the right teacher to fit their personalities and learning styles. They are being challenged as well as becoming global thinkers.

Posted December 13, 2013
My son started at Roland Park last year and we moved him from a top rated A school.We are extremely pleased with both the academics and the excellent extra curricular activities from languages to the arts, music and sports.He loves the school and his teachers and the communication between us and his teacher is the best we have ever had, we are totally up to date with what is going on and how he is doing.I would definetely recomment this school!

Posted November 11, 2013
My daughter is a kindergartener this year. I can not say enough good things about this school. The teachers and administration are the key to this school's success. They truly care about the students and their individual needs. My daughter LOVES to go to school everyday. The communication between teacher, admin. and parents is excellent. The curriculum is challenging and focuses on individual needs. We are so blessed to have gotten into this school and look forward to all the new and exciting things to come. I recommend anyone interested to tour the school, and you will be sold!

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is Great! Our children, husband and I have never had a problem with anything. or anyone All the teachers and staff have always answers all of our questions. If that person that we asked doesn't know the answer to our question they always gotten someone right then and their to answer our question. The staff in the office and the school nurse are so nice. I VERY VERY much like the new pick up after school school # tags that we HAVE to have in our window rather than saying the kid/kids name. And that we stay in ONE LINE rather than two. I love the school cop/police man as he directs the cars,get the children across the street safe. AND BLOCKS THE DRIVE WITH HIS CAR SO NO ONE CAN CUT YOU OFF.

Posted September 04, 2013
This school is awesome! My daughter, now is 6th grade, is blossoming and learning more every day! The teachers and administrators are great and really care about the students and provide a clallenging learning environment. They go out of their way to make sure the students are taken care of and are thriving.

Posted August 27, 2013
The AGP program for the PYP is excellent! The teachers are well supported by an outstanding administrative team, an active PTSA, and ready to learn students.

Posted August 11, 2013
This school is great! I'm loving the fact that my son's teachers are caring, the curriculum is challenging, and the facilty is wonderful. Don't know why someone is calling the principal arrogant. He's done wonders for the school, brings the faculty together, and has the students' best interests at heart. He's 'head and shoulders' above the previous principal, too.

Roland Park K-8 Magnet School 4

Posted July 28, 2013
We have three children who have been at Roland Park since kindergarten. Out oldest is now a junior at Jefferson. They had always been honor roll/ principal's honor roll kids. Initially we were very pleased with the school but over the years it had started to fall in quality & the high level of educational instruction. Even the uniform policy was not being enforced. Since the recent changes to become an IB school, We are once again pleased. We also like the new principal. He is friendly, and unlike the previous principal, his own child attends Roland Park, which speaks volumes.

Roland Park K-8 Magnet School 4

Posted June 03, 2013
My child started here the previous year and I was quite pleased with his progression. Then leadership changed. As an active parent, I have had a variety of chances to communicate with the principal, Dr. Grantham. He comes off as somewhat anti-social and arrogant, not the type of leader who should be at the helm of a school that seeks to teach IB skills. I am most saddened by the prideful tendencies that seem to be pushing away two great young teachers who have truly made an impact in my child's life. I will continue to keep my son at the school for the programs, but will advocate through the district leadership for the removal of the principal and I would highly recommend other parents to as well.

Posted June 01, 2013
I moved my child, a second grader to RP from our local A school as she was not enjoying school and was not interested in learning. I heard that the method used at RP was more interactive and hands on and might accommodate my child's learning methods more. It turned out to be a fabulous decision. My daughter now loves going to school and is excited to learn. We love the IB program, the teachers and being part of something that feels like it is only going to get better and better.

Roland Park K-8 Magnet School
1510 North Manhattan Avenue, Tampa, FL  33607
Last modified Roland Park K-8 Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roland Park K-8 Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top