806 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Ms Jamir is a wonderful teacher. She brings the best on each of her students and my child loves being there. There are lots going on on PYP and the kids get exposed to so much more than at our previous S Tampa A rated school. It is still a young school with lots of wrinkles to be ironed but with a lot of potential for greatness. PYP assistant principal is wonderful and so is the PYP IB coordinator. We feel lucky to be here

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Neutral on effectiveness, depends on teacher. Average rating. For some classes, the IB curriculum is just an extra project, which may not even be part of their grade.

We rate the middle school average. Academics are good, with some outstanding teachers and some average.

My son joined Roland Park this year in kindergarten. We were so nervous about his future in a new school and the challenging environment of kindergarten. However, our concerns were unnecessary. The academic, social, and emotional growth our son has made in these few short months has been amazing! We had no idea that Roland Park would impacted all of our lives in such a beautiful way. All we wanted for him was a safe environment where he is known and loved. We got that and so much more. We are so grateful to be a part of their community!

Develops character: Agree

Qualities like honesty, integrity, and fairness are consistently discussed and reinforced at all grade levels. In general, the kids are good kids.

My 2 children have been at RP over 3 years now. It is really hit or miss and highly dependent on the teacher you get. Some teachers are great - communicative, responsive, compassionate, caring. Others are not - cold, distant, uncaring, disrespectful, and poor communicators. Administrators are also a mixed bag - some show genuine care, others say what you want to hear to your face then "cover" themselves by saying what they must to others. The only aspect I would say is consistently strong is in the Specials - art, music, PE, etc. Those teachers uniformly do a fabulous job with the kids. Curriculum is your standard Common Core and, while it can be challenging, it also frequently feels more like busy work rather than legitimate learning opportunities. Homework for the younger students, in particular, feels like busy work instead of fostering a real love for, and sense of, learning. Overall, this is an average school. I can't say I'm entirely pleased but I don't know that this is any better/worse than our A rated neighborhood school. So I don't have a better option, short of private school, which I would strongly consider if either child ever ended up with a bad teacher.

Great sense of diversity and the is school amazing teachers they take their time with the students.

My daughter just completed her first year at Roland Park. I love their approach to learning and teaching the children to be independent. Parent / Teacher conferences are led by the student, who presents their accomplishments, what they excelled at, and where they need more work. Great program!

I have 2 children at Roland Park and the oldest one has been there since it became a magnet school and she was in K. Although, I have nothing to compare it to, I am very pleased. I feel my children can progress as much as they need to and the teachers so far have been fantastic. It seems like my girls always get paired with the right teacher to fit their personalities and learning styles. They are being challenged as well as becoming global thinkers.

My son started at Roland Park last year and we moved him from a top rated A school.We are extremely pleased with both the academics and the excellent extra curricular activities from languages to the arts, music and sports.He loves the school and his teachers and the communication between us and his teacher is the best we have ever had, we are totally up to date with what is going on and how he is doing.I would definetely recomment this school!

Last modified Roland Park K-8 Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.