Roosevelt Elementary School 2

Posted November 04, 2014
The school's attitude is filtered. If you aren't in the upper class, don't expect to see a smiling face, Unless you are lawyer, dentist, doctor etc. The administration office really act like Roosevelt is a private school. They basically forgot that it's still a public school.

Posted February 04, 2014
I have many examples how the leadership can improve the school. The principal gave us a talk about a great program - conscious discipline. She says she follows this but this takes training for herself and her teachers and staff. I know that more parents would get involved if the leadership did not cater to a group of parents instead of working to include all parents. There are so many creative ways to work with kids and parents that help kids be better and learn how to be good learners and citizens. Change the culture because many of us do not feel part of the school.

Posted October 13, 2013
Best school ever! Two boys at Roosevelt and could not ask for better teachers and staff. Everyone cares!!!

Posted September 25, 2013
What a great school for the children. Community support is evident and the principal is approachable at all times. It is clear she is here for all children.

Posted September 24, 2013
The school administration does not do well with diversity. They teach to a norm culturally and intellectually. While it is true that my son had a 504 for Aspergers, he still got notes home for doing things that were different. He was singled out rather than included. Inclusion is meaningless, unless students, parents, teachers and, administration know how to look at what is right with the picture rather than what is wrong with the picture. The principal is still telling people to go to Pepin Academy rather than thinking about inclusion for middle school. This kind of advice is not inclusion.

Posted July 23, 2013
This school is great. Period. For those complaining of overbearing parents, a few exist but most are involved, caring, proactive parents. If this is an issue, move along to another school without the same level of parent commitment. Send us a letter. Let us know how it's going. The rest please volunteer in whatever manner possible so you can debunk the urban legend of the evil PTA. All hands are welcomed. We'll see you at the next opportunity. For those complaining of this mythical Camelot from principals past, I could beg to differ with both anecdotal and now statistical data. There is no talent that isn't replaceable. Only the most small minded and limited would think this way. The new principal embraces our traditional community while promoting smart and innovative ideas. I personally have no interest in teaching with dunce caps and abacus. And mean girl clicks...you can keep them. It's a great, great school. We're proud to be a part of it.

Posted April 17, 2013
My son is graduating from Roosevelt this June after 7 years at the school. When I asked him last night what he would miss most about the school, he told me the principal because he "knew she really cared about all of the kids." What better review could you get than that?

Posted April 03, 2013
This school is not what it used to be. It should be a neighborhood school and has potential with a good number of acting and caring parents. The teachers need more support and training and leadership from the Principals. After being here for a while I see a change with the newer principal. Things stayed stable with the assistant principal but once she left and a new assistant principal arrived, communication has dropped and emails go out without thinking about kids parents or teachers. I used to think of it as a smaller grade school that had features of a private school. Now I think of it as a school that offers one way to teach kids without looking at their learning needs.

Posted January 24, 2013
Some schools have potential and Roosevelt is one of them. I am a mother of two boys and have repeatedly tried to work with the school to embrace learning differences. The school had high test scores under the former principal and over time they will decline because jewel schools do not just say great. It takes a conscious effort on the part of leadership to be constructive when there is a conflict and to keep the communication positive. I don' feel good recommending this school even thought the parents are active, the kids are all beautiful people and the teachers work with students as much as they are able.

Posted January 15, 2013
I've been a parent at this school for 7 years I feel really lucky to have my kids in such a great environment. This year, they started offering a before school math program from 7:30-8 and my son gets upset if dad is running late, because he wants to get to school early and work on his fast math. That is just one example. Excellent, motivated teachers. Well run school.

Roosevelt Elementary School
3205 South Ferdinand Avenue, Tampa, FL  33629
Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top