Tampa, FL

Seminole Elementary School 2

Posted May 02, 2014
Although we had a wonderful experience last year, this year has been terrible. Our daughters teacher has completely given up on her job and the children's development when they need it most. Fortunately for us our daughter is very dedicated and has not let these events get her down. As for the teacher... You may not like how her mother handled something but that does not mean you should take it out on our child! She worked harder than you could imagine, yet she was let down by you and your terrible work ethic and communication skills. Maybe you thought this was gonna be a job full of coloring and playing with blocks, but our children need a strong person to start them out with a good foundation... You are none of that. Thanks for the wasted year!!! To anyone reading this please no that I am only giving my opinion on one teacher, they are not all like this. Most of the other teachers I have dealt with have been wonderful... It's just this one that I know of.

Posted January 02, 2014
My two daughters love Seminole Elementary. If you are a hands on parent and you stay tuned into your child's education, your kids will excel.

Seminole Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2012
My son started this school this year in kindergarten. I was very nervous about the transition from preschool to regular school. The teachers were very nice with helping him and taking their time with him. The school is very professional and the curriculum is great. He is so happy every morning when getting ready for school. The only issue I have as an involved parent with my child education is the open door policy for parents. My first child I could visit when I wanted and they always made me feel welcome to come peek at him or have breakfast/lunch with him sometimes. Seminole tell all parents to be off campus at 8:00am. Even the first week of school. Just not inviting for parents but other than that they are great.

Posted October 13, 2011
My son and I attended the October Family Writing Night. WOW! Great job teachers for presenting this writing workshop in such a FUN way. My son learned a lot about elaboration and how to make his writing better. He was initially not excited about going because writing has never been a favorite subject for him. The teacher who worked with my son did an outstanding job and made a big impact. Thank you Seminole Elementary Teachers. You are awesome!

Posted August 05, 2011
We are looking forward to the beginning of another great school year at Seminole. We appreciate all the teachers and staff for all of their hard work. We also respect the difficult job that school administrators have today. Seminole's do an excellent job of leading our school. I know that everyday my child is safe, happy, and learing. Go Eagles!

Posted July 01, 2011
To the 04/17/10 post: not spreading sour grapes....expressing my opinion here like everyone else, which as far as i knew was still allowed. I don't discount the teachers, aides, custodians, cafeteria staff or PTA, they have all been excellent. What I do not like is the "The Captain",as she has dubbed herself treating families like second class citizens if they don't conform to her mold. She has taught her office staff her ill-mannered ways and believe it or not it does trickle down to our children....regardless of the A rating.

Posted June 10, 2011
What a wonderful school! My child loves it! The teachers are very dedicated and everyone is so helpful. The administrators have taken time to speak with me personally on multiple occasions. They always seem to have time for me. It is a beautiful school in a beautiful neighborhood, but it is much more than looks. They care about kids and their education. You couldn't do any better.

Posted June 06, 2011
My review would be much higher if it weren't for the administration. I never had a problem with *teachers* - they were dedicated, communicated well, but I did not feel invited to participate as a parent - the administration seemed over-controlling of PTA goals. I liked that it was a small school for my child's sake, and my child enjoyed being there. And to the 10/7/10 poster, don't dictate what other people can express, please. Some things need to be aired.

Posted October 07, 2010
The comment from a teacher dated 10-06-09 is exactly what you'd expect a teacher at Seminole to say....they are all under the control of the principal. My child has been enrolled for 4 years and if it weren't for the fact that all of his friends are there and that we have had great experiences with the teachers we would choose another school. The principal is out of control and her office staff is put out if you ask or need anything. They pride themselves on being a family....so dysfunctional is the norm now?

Seminole Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2010
So far, so good. I've homeschooled, and had kids in charter, private, and magnet schools so am experienced with different settings. I was uncertain about putting kindergartener into public school but student has learned to read at what I'd guess to be about a 3rd grade level, do addition and subtraction, they have done science experiments and do get P.E. at least once a week. Student says she enjoys school. Teacher answers email quickly, and keeps me advised of any behavior issues. It's easy to get someone in the office to answer the phone, it's not so big that it's too bureaucratic. Good mix of kids. Will have to wait and see if it becomes all about the FCAT in the 'real' grades, but so far, so good.

Seminole Elementary School
6201 North Central Avenue, Tampa, FL  33604
Last modified Seminole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seminole Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top