Posted September 30, 2014
I completely disagree with the 5/10 rating by Great Schools. Westshore is an amazing school! Westshore has around 300 students so the personal attention that each student receives is far above what I expected. The everyone knows each child by name and they show personal interest in the students lives. My questions/concerns are always addressed immediately and I am always satisfied with the solution. I love this school! Ask any parent whose child attends Westshore and they will tell you the same thing. Don't overlook this amazing school!

Posted September 30, 2014
This is my grandson's second year at Westshore Elementary and our entire family is in love with this school. The personal attention given to every student is phenomenal. The students' eagerness to learn is evident in their smiling faces. The teachers make learning fun!! My husband attended this school as a child and we are so fortunate that our grandson is a student here now. We love Westshore Elementary! Go Wildcats!!!

Posted August 18, 2014
My 3 kids went to this school and now my grandson is going to this school. Everyone in that school cares about it's kids from the principal to all of the staff. This is a great school .

Posted May 30, 2014
This is our second full school year at Westshore. I think a 5 is a completely unfair rating by Goodschools.com There are many schools that have a free and reduced lunch ration that Westshore has but don't boast the success with students AND families. The school has less than 400 students and the principal knows every child by name. The staff is there for parents and students. They are enthusiastic and have the best family involvement activities I have ever experienced (as an educator and as a parent). Schools are made up of students. These teachers take every child to their best. We all can't hit home runs so why do we expect all children to score level 5 on standardized tests? Because a legislator said so, let them come teach all kids to that level. Don't miss this school. Take a tour before you pass it up based on some score given by a test that was written by people far removed from a classroom.

Posted April 15, 2014
If you want a school that is dedicated to it's students and has small, almost private-like class sizes, this is the school. My daughter and I appreciate it very much.

Posted April 02, 2014
Westshore Elementary is a great school! The teachers and staff really care about each and every child. If your child has special needs they will work with you to make sure your child gets the very best to serve their needs. Highly recommend.

Posted August 26, 2013
This school is absolutely amazing. The staff and teacher as well as the principal are genuinely kind and engaging people. The children are well-behaved and eager to learn. The community is folksy and established. Love it, love it, love it.

Posted May 16, 2013
I love this school. The faculty is sincere and genuinely care for the students. This is our third school this school year due to our being a military family. The teachers are kind, thoughtful, professional and articulate. The before and after care program staff are the same. My children get up smiling over the prospect of going to school and have made many friends.

Posted May 24, 2012
We have been attending West shore for 5 yrs so far. Not only do they take pride in educating they know everyone. One teach told me once that it takes a community to raise a kid... That's says a lot about their outlook on ALL the kids that attend. The principal is a mother of school age kids and knows how to handle them. She is always available and is outside in the mornings as well greeting everyone. This is as close to a private school as you can get. Most of all, many of the staff live in the community and stay really involved. Thank you West Shore for all you do.

Posted April 11, 2012
As a future parent, we investigated this school before purchasing a house in the area. Don't shy away from Westshore school district. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the learning going on in this school. An hour spent on a tour impressed a 10 year veteran teacher. This is certainly a school to watch. =)

Westshore Elementary School
7110 South West Shore Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33616
Last modified Westshore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westshore Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top