Williams Middle Magnet School

Public | 6-8 | 798 students

Posted June 17, 2014

I have to say that Williams is an excellent school because discipline is applied in the right moment. Thank you Mr. Jacobs

Posted June 15, 2014

Well I know that teachers want to stop summer reding lost but I HATE that I have to get a summer packet. :(:(:(:(:(

Posted August 27, 2013

I'm currently a 7th grader enrolled in Williams, (I was a 6th grader last year.) and I firmly believe this is a excellent school. I mean it's not every day you find a internationally recognized IB school! This is one of the best educations your child will get, but it can be a challenge. So if your child wants the best education they can get and they are ready for a challenge, by all means enroll!

Posted April 27, 2013

Our school is multicultural. We do learn only about things that go around in the community but the world around us! I like the teachers that put a spin on the way we learn to make it fun yet understandable. I think we can improved by getting involved with the community more.

Posted December 2, 2012

We are so pleased our daughter got into this school. We love it here. The IB curriculum is challenging and it keeps the students busy and focused on their education. Be prepared for large amounts of homework! We live in New Tampa and were worried that the distance to the school would out weigh the academic benefit. It does not, we have found the added effort, early mornings, and busy homework evenings are totally worth the excellent education our daughter is receiving at this school! It's a rich and diverse culture and she adores it!!

Posted March 6, 2012

I am currently in 7th grade i love my new teachers although im not the best student i really do like it here the first time i came in 6th grade it was hard i will admit i disliked my math and science teachers but my other teachers were awesome i strongly recommened this school my science teacher this year is great he's always telling me to do my best he even gives extra credit that you can choose to do or not he just says its your option to do it he lets you bring things in late and he wont mind, my other teachers are good too but my science teacher is the best iv had at the school.

Posted July 14, 2011

My daughter attended Williams for 6th through 8th grade. The curriculum was advanced but they offered extra assistance to students after school if needed. The teachers were fair and I believe they really want the students to succeed. This school is very diverse and rich in culture. I truly recommend Williams as a well-rounded, professional, academia focused middle school. This is exactly the type of school I wanted for my daughter.

Posted July 6, 2011

I LOVE Williams IB. I am going into 7th graade and my 6th grade year was my best year in education. The amount of work is large but that gets kids minds away from bullying and getting in trouble. This school is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! Most teachers are nice. The math and science is where kids trouble the most here so make sure they understand what they are learning. The teachers here strive to get you one-on-one and to help you. The students here can get a little rowdy but most make good friends. Your child will get the best education they could ever get in the United States her at Williams. It is an excellent school.

Posted March 5, 2011

This school is really great! I am currently in 6th grade and have been an a grade student for the past 6 years if u include this year. The studies aren't too hard for me but for some other students they are. this school offers many courses that you can take online to be in an advanced class. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OTHER REVIEWS ABOUT HOW THIS SCHOOL MIGHT BE BAD AND ALL THAT! Those are just students who get F's and hate smart people.

Posted January 6, 2011

Most of the teachers here are very professional, honest, caring people who are passionate about teaching. My son has gone there for 3 years and is moving on to HS next year. I am so glad we chose Williams for him. He was able to take 3 HS courses in 8th grade as well. My son would say they are a little strict but I like that type of environment for my child. It helps them stay focused on learning and cuts down on the behavioral problems and bullying. I am confident that Williams has prepared him for what ever HS he chooses. Also the school is very diverse and rich in cultures. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend Williams IB to anyone with a bright child looking for a structured environment to help their child soar to success!

Posted August 1, 2010

My daughter just graduated from 8th grade and is going to Hills High IB program. She received one of the best educations available in our county - including private. The teachers and curriculum are awesome. She learned and had fun. it was a great experience for her and our family.

Posted July 24, 2010

The school is better than other schools, but might not be worth the transportation hassle if your neighborhood school is above average. I think the work, especially in 7th/8th grade can be more challenging since the work is the same as in other schools. The teachers are ok at best. I've had 3 children in this school, and all have gone on to the IBHS program. This school does prepare them for the IBHS programs, but many have to take remedial classes or reviews in the summer to get them caught up. Of all the 8th grade teachers, there is only three that we can say are truly top of their game when it comes to teaching. They are the science, inquiry skills and history (he no longer works there, but in the hs program) teachers. The rest seem to think that either teaching isn't important or would rather do projects/babysit.

Posted July 13, 2010

I was a 6th grade student i think the school is good but, i think they challenge us too much. They'll go through a lesson for 1 or 2 days then move on. The kids are kind of bad, But some of the teachers don't worry but others will try alot to help you. about our grades or if we need help. Most of the teachers i had were good, but if you did one bad thing they will be very mean to us for the rest of the year. Its an I.B. school but they dont let you express yourself like thry say they do. You will have a good time, but i think its to chanllanging for the kids who need extra help. The really good teachers werer Mr.Ramsy, Mr. & Mrs.Terhorst, Ms.himerdinger. && Also i dont think the spanish classes teach you mmuch spanish more of everything eles

Posted April 25, 2010

I am a 6th grade student at Williams and so far, I am loving everything. The teachers teach in a way that we learn while having fun, they teach us disipline, the orchestra is really fun and is very sucsessful and the principal is always involved with everything. Williams is a great school also because it is IB and a Magnet.

Posted January 28, 2010

I love the school. I attended it for my 6th and part of my 7th grade years. I moved and I'm now in my first year at an IB high school. I loved the teachers and I miss everyone:(

Posted September 16, 2009

Very organized and disciplined. Teachers are great

Posted April 12, 2009

I reallly think this is a fabulous school, because the teachers train you for high school, and makes sure youre well trained for any thing in life. Currently i'm in 7th grade, and its the end of the year. I think most successful students come from this school , not because there smart or anything,but because their willing to try their best and not give up, and i know this by experience with other friends.

Posted November 24, 2008

This school is great i went here 4 my 6th grade year but sadly had to leave. For all parents this is a great school with an excellent education. Miss evryone J*Rut

Posted August 30, 2008

The teachers are very good and offer the students the opportunity to learn directly with the teacher and also to form their own opinions and expand on their own potential while also giving them a challenging program to deal with while also adressing the needs of every student. They also offer programs which allow them to expand through extracurriculars becoming the best Model United Nations program in the area and some of the best music programs in the state. However the administration is weak and does ignore the student position and seems to treat them as pawns in a search for their own promotion or image. The teachers are quick to defend the students though and carry their opinion across.

Posted July 1, 2008

It is a very great school. The teachers challenge you in everything. The teachers give individual attention to every student. If you truly care about your children and you want whats best for them you should send them to williams. It is a very good school. They challenge and offer as many courses as a private school does.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

312 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

312 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

234 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

235 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

215 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

235 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

194 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 11%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music