363 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Denys 504 plans for students who have a medical diagnosis

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Non responsive and makes decisions about denying a 504 plan without parent or tutor input

Develops character: Neutral

The music teacher is the only one I hear about doing good things

Amount of homework: Disagree

The teacher will say I have 15 min to help you in the am. But when she shows up he tells her to go get breakfast and there goes the help with math

Refused to give my granddaughter a 504 plan even with a medical diagnosis

My daughter and I recently relocated to Tampa, Florida from Georgia, and upon moving, considered Anderson Elementary and Ballast Point Elementary School- both in which were rated very highly. We toured both schools and felt that Anderson would be the best fit for her. I have been very pleased thus far with her teacher (Kindergarten) and with the after school program provided by the YMCA. She is being challenged academically and I have seen a lot of progress in the past few months. Her teacher is helpful, communicative, and sets clear expectations for all of the students. We are so happy we chose Anderson, as it has been a great fit for her so far!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My daughter was never given homework before we attended Anderson (she is in Kindergarten); however, it has seemed to be effective in reinforcing concepts learned in class and she is now able to generalize concepts more quickly.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The principal's strong leadership reflects in the teachers that my kids have been taught by.

Ms. Gadsden is awesome principal. I feel she has helped the school with fundraisers and participation. Ms. McHugh is an incredible teacher. She kept the parents informed to the kids' progress and she truly cared about the kids! Ms. Anderson and Ms. Cosgrove were good teachers too. I love this school and I look forward to seeing it increase to an A school!!

My child has been here since first grade and I absolutely love the family feel at Anderson. The administration and staff go above and beyond to make sure my child is successful. I love all of the family activities that the school and the PTA put on for the kids. The weekly phone call messages from Mrs. Gadson are nice reminders about what is going on in the school. Anderson is truly a hidden gem in South Tampa.

Last modified Anderson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.