Tampa, FL

Posted March 24, 2015
My child has been here since first grade and I absolutely love the family feel at Anderson. The administration and staff go above and beyond to make sure my child is successful. I love all of the family activities that the school and the PTA put on for the kids. The weekly phone call messages from Mrs. Gadson are nice reminders about what is going on in the school. Anderson is truly a hidden gem in South Tampa.

Posted August 10, 2014
This school continues too go downhill. The students may work hard to keep their grades up, but the communication from the school is lacking. The new principal is extremely unprofessional and rude. What else would you expect the teachers to act like?

Anderson Elementary School 2

Posted June 30, 2014
The school is fine as long as you have the right teacher. 5th grade teacher to pray your kid gets: Laduke or Jeffers. If you get the other one...your child is not crazy! Someone is not operating at full speed!

Posted April 28, 2014
excellent school and teachers and good environment my child love school every day she learn something new.

Anderson Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
Anderson Elementary is a nurturing, well managed campus with caring and talented teachers. Can consider ourselves fortunate to live in the school boundries.

Posted January 26, 2014
Anderson is a great school with teachers who are compassionate, yet hold the children accountable. Teachers differentiate to meet the needs of all learning styles and abilities. I find it interesting that there are very few comments, representing less than .03% of the school population. Anderson has always been a hidden gem in South Tampa. Keep up the good work!

Posted July 20, 2011
This school has gone from outstanding to awful in 2 years. The new administration does not know the students, and the teacher turnover has increased dramatically resulting in new teachers who are mediocre at best. I would NOT send my child here again if I had the choice.

Posted September 25, 2010
School discriminates against children of different race other then white. The teachers have no communication with the parents. They not encourage children, but rather discourage them. For example, the teachers lower children's grades no matter how hard they tried. They based their judgement more on race and skin color rather then child achievement. Very disappointed that my child have to learn from such an early age biases of the public institutions. We do not teach our child about superior and imperior cultures, but public school will. Very Disappointed..........

Posted April 24, 2010
it is a grade a school. My child is comfortable in the Enviornment which helps with his independence.

Posted November 17, 2009
There is a new principal at this school this year. So far, I have not been pleased with the way this school operates. There is not any paperwork that comes home stating to you what your child is doing in class, the school planner is not being checked by teachers, they have our children take on responsibilities that the teachers should be doing, and you as a parent do not know when a test is going to be given until the night before when your child has to cram for the test and hope that he or she passes. I would not recommend this school. This year has not been a good year for me or my child in this school. In fact, I have to try to teach at home at night because my child does not understand things that my child should understand in class.What a waste of time.

Anderson Elementary School
3910 West Fair Oaks Avenue, Tampa, FL  33611
Last modified Anderson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anderson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top