Posted April 18, 2014
My school is one of the best in the county! They offer so much to the students and parents to be able to be involved in the education of our students. The staff and administration are supportive, friendly, and professional. It's very hard to suggest improvements when so much is right!!!

Posted April 01, 2014
We transferred from out of state this year and have been impressed with the warm welcome we received from other parents and staff here. I feel completely comfortable reaching out to the teachers as well as the principal and AP. I enjoy volunteering at events, which isn't the case at every school out there! Communication from the principal and AP is clear and consistent. The only area I see lacking is parent involvement...it seems to be the same few volunteers at nearly every event.

Posted April 01, 2014
The teachers, faculty, and admin are super friendly, helpful and kind. Both my kids have been here and I wish we never had to leave!!!

Posted May 17, 2013
Staff if great my child has been very happy at Claywell Elementary. I also feel safe when I drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. They set a great environment for our children.

Claywell Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2013
I have one daughter that attends and one that is now in HS that attended there all 6 years. The school is good, however, communication lacks. When my older daughter went to Claywell, there was a homeroom parent for every class that assisted with communication. My youngest is now in 4th grade, and there hasn't been a homeroom parent yet. Art class was done away with. I rarely see paperwork sent home. Nor do I see requests to assist with the class in any way. If you ask, they tell you they don't need anything. So, much for parental involvement in the school. The previous principal that retired was VERY strict and didn't allow kids extracurricular activities with the classes that might actually be beneficial. Luckily, leadership has changed for the better!

Claywell Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2011
We moved from out of state and this will be our second year at Claywell. Overall, the school is good and locally has a great reputation. I would however, give them a C- in parent communication. The monthly newsletter is often late with some of the events already occurring. There is no parent-only open house going over the curriculum and covering extra-curricular opportunities for children. It was a full year before I knew what the principal and asst. principal looked like, as their pictures are not in the front office and they are 2-3 pages deep on the school website! The weekly communication between teacher and parent varies with the teacher, but when I have asked my friends for examples of what they receive it is still, very limited compared to what I am use to. As a parent I do not feel adequately informed about what my child should be learning. The PTA is very active, but there is nothing published on what they spent the money on. When I do ask questions, people tend to be helpful; but the info. actively distributed is minimal.

Claywell Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2010
We transferred in from out of state, and chose our house based on the fact that it was in an A-rated school zone. However we were quite disappointed with our experience at Claywell. The office staff was not the least bit friendly when we came in with my daughter's transfer paperwork. It has been over two years now, and unfortunately my opinion has not changed. Overall, the school is very impersonal. My daughter has had good teachers, but the ESE inclusion policy there hinders the class' momentum.

Posted January 20, 2010
I have 2 daughters that have attended Claywell. They both love their teachers and the staff is very helpful. The families that attend are very involved with the PTA and this makes it a pleasure for our kids to attend this school.

Claywell Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2009
My 6 year old is in 1st grade and my 4 year old is an EELP student (special needs). My oldests kindergarten experience wasn't one of pleasure, his teacher was easily burnt out with him (he has ADHD). But this year, his experience is phenomanal! His teacher is loving, caring and really wants him to do well. So far his school year is going great! He's had great days, I'm really proud of his success and the teachers help! My 4 yr old, just started, but he seems to enjoy class very much! He's excited to go to school. My only issue is the administrative group. They seem like they care, but don't seem answer my questions, or get me certain results. But the teachers my children have this year, seem to be very concerned. I can only advocate to much, to have that extra help from the teachers is awesome!

Claywell Elementary School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
My daughter is currently in 2nd grade and we have had a wonderful experience. Communication with administraators and teachers is open and welcomed. I feel we have a voice and have many opportunities to volunteer in the school to make it even better. I have had the pleasure of working closely with various staff members, who are always looking for ways to make the school better and offer our students new programs for academic and social development. The school is filled with neighborhood families with a great sense of community.

Claywell Elementary School
4500 Northdale Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33624
Last modified Claywell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Claywell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top