781 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)

Posted June 10, 2016
We have completed 2 years at this school and could not be happier. The administration and teachers are warm and friendly. They really care about the students here. I feel that my daughter has received an excellent education so far. They do a great job placing children in groups that match their abilities and needs to challenge them, or to give them the help they need to improve. I also feel that the majority of the children here are very polite and nice. My daughter loves her school and looks forward to returning in August!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted September 22, 2015
Some of the teachers are great, others ehh not so much. I wish the ones who were complained about were looked at more carefully.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 22, 2015
They don't develop it with the staff, so how can they develop it within the classrooms

Claywell Elementary School 2

Posted September 22, 2015
I agree with a previous post, the events are unorganized and the kids are even often confused about their homework. The principal uses his "power" to intimidate and invalidate concerns. They "pride themselves" on being an A+ school, yet behind closed doors contradict everything they preach they stand for. Most of the teachers are great, but there are definitely a few bad apples that seem to get away with disrespecting the children (yelling at them and being sarcastic) instead of encouraging and respectful; it's sad.

Posted July 01, 2015
I live and work in the neighborhood with the children and parents. I am a former teacher and I know what a good school looks like! Very pleased!!

Claywell Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2015
I babysit a child from this school. There is a serious lack of communication. I have no idea what his homework is daily, or what is expected of him for his reading homework. The staff is impersonal. The events are unorganized. I am not impressed with this school and would not send my kids there.

Posted April 18, 2014
My school is one of the best in the county! They offer so much to the students and parents to be able to be involved in the education of our students. The staff and administration are supportive, friendly, and professional. It's very hard to suggest improvements when so much is right!!!

Posted April 01, 2014
We transferred from out of state this year and have been impressed with the warm welcome we received from other parents and staff here. I feel completely comfortable reaching out to the teachers as well as the principal and AP. I enjoy volunteering at events, which isn't the case at every school out there! Communication from the principal and AP is clear and consistent. The only area I see lacking is parent involvement...it seems to be the same few volunteers at nearly every event.

Posted April 01, 2014
The teachers, faculty, and admin are super friendly, helpful and kind. Both my kids have been here and I wish we never had to leave!!!

Posted May 17, 2013
Staff if great my child has been very happy at Claywell Elementary. I also feel safe when I drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. They set a great environment for our children.

4500 Northdale Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33624
Last modified Claywell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.