2,020 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

If you child struggles, the teacher label them. If your child "falls under the radar", the school will allow them to continue to do badly and not reach out to the parent regarding their child. I would not recommend this school for anyone who wants them to have any type of open communication with the staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are attentive to student needs but require students to learn self advocacy skills as well.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is A LOT of homework. But I often feel as though it keeps my child in a competitive mindset and that has positive results.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students have applied to attend this school. They know the consequences of inappropriate behavior. Students pressure each other to do the right thing.

The students and faculty have focus at this school. The school is 100% Magnet at this makes all the difference.

If you love music and WANT to get somewhere in BAND . Tech has the best band in the land, if you're dedicated you will make it. Its a miniature family down there EVERYONES THERE FOR A PURPOSE

Tampa Bay Technical is an amazing school. I graduated class of 2013. It was the only high school I applied for and I don't regret a moment of it. The teachers and the administrators are very caring and attentive to their students. Great school to attend and I would recommend to anyone!

Awful. That's the only word I can think to describe this school. No dedication and the students learn more at home on their own free time than they do in the classrooms. I am never sending my children here and I advise you to do the same. Your child will become depressed and no counseling will be available at the school to help. This school cares more about their A average than if the students actually learn anything.

I'm being around this school for the last 8 years. Overall an excellent school. The participation in sports and clubs help my children very much, making their high school experience very positive. They love the multiracial environment. My suggestion is to review non core classes and to integrate others that prepared them more for college, like philosophy. I will be missing driving to Tech. Titans pride, Go Tech!

I have just finished Freshman year here at TBT. I wouldn't say that this school is terrible, but I also wouldn't say it is the very best. I was not miserable, I overall had a good time. Getting involved in clubs and extracurricular activities makes your first year more fun. The teachers and staff are overall accepting and mostly dedicated. Like any other high school, fights break out occasionally and the smell of illegal drugs can fill the air. Although, this is not because of the school, but because of some of the students. You are not labeled at this school like most cliche high schools, there are no abundant groups of jocks, nerds, punks, or popular kids. You can basically be friends with anyone without being directly labeled into a specific group. Teachers are great, but watch out for the newbies, they either may take their job too seriously, or not give a care in the world about it at all. I was not bullied my Freshman year which is a pleasant welcoming. All in all, this school was a pretty good first experience into the world of high school.

Last modified Tampa Bay Tech High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.