Essrig Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 695 students

Posted May 20, 2014

This is a fantastic school. My kids have been here for three years now. I love the teachers and staff. I am a working parent but have been very involved with the PTA and my kids teachers. Newbie principal; but he's doing a great job so far.

Posted May 20, 2014

Essrig is a supportive, close knit learning environment fostered by the best teaching and support staff. My daughter loves going to school here each day and has grown and learned so much. We have a wonderful principal, office staff and group of volunteers, as well. I am thrilled that she is attending Essrig for elementary school!

Posted April 30, 2014

I have had children at Essrig for the past 7 years. Nothing but positive experiences. Great teachers and staff. Lots of opportunities to get involved. I would recommend Essrig to anyone!!!

Posted October 2, 2013

Essrig is a very caring school with a great group of teachers and staff. The location of the school makes it easy for parental involvement since it is close to home.

Posted September 26, 2013

We came last year from Carrollwood Elementary school because our zoning changed and it came as a blessing. The difference from this two school is from night to day. This is truly a red carpet school and the difference between this schools is in the treatment by the school office staff, administration and principal, they are extremely helpful, and acknowledge you as soon as you enter their office. The teachers are amazing! There is no bullying in this school since the staff show a lot of concern about this. Go Panthers!!!

Posted June 26, 2013

I have gone to this school since kindergarden and i loved it this school deserves way more rating like 10 out of 10 the staff was lovely and the teachers where the best i cant wait to go to ben hill next year!

Posted May 8, 2013

Essrig is an excellent school, I have no words to express how satisfied Im with my daughters education, Im highly recommends this school for everyone who has the opportunity to have his kids there. Amazing in activities, good communication and very clean, also friendly personal....

Posted August 4, 2011

The school teachers are great. The principal seems very nice. But the staffs doing those registration there was one very mean. You would easy get your feeling hurt if you don't have a strong stomach. I never meet anyones like that. I can not believe that I paid taxes and live in the school distric but afraid to let my child to go there. Because if the front desk like that when emergency needed somethings for my child and the front desk not let thing goes faster and organize. So then my child life would be in danger. That lady seems like try to controlling everything around without a warming heart and caring. I hope everything go well for everyones at this school. I rather pay for my child in private school where I have respect. God bless everyone

Posted May 27, 2009

My child has been at Essrig for Kindergarten and first grade. Her teachers have been excellent. The administration has been supportive. The principal, Mrs. Campbell, is approachable and gets the job done well and quickly. I would definitely highly recommend this school!

Posted July 14, 2008

My children have gone to this school for the past three years. I am very happy and impressed with the education they are receiving as well as the staff. I always feel very informed with what is going on with my children.

Posted May 12, 2008

My son has spent two wonderful years at Essrig. His teachers have been very knowledgeable and supportive. It is very apparent that the administration cares about the students and their parents. We look forward to sending our younger son there next year!

Posted April 8, 2007

I use to go to Essrig and Im now in 7th grade but for the 7 years that I was in Essrig, I have to say Im glad that I went. I love the teachers, they are th best that they could get. I was never left out of learning and now, Im a straight A student. I LOVE ESSRIG! And I hope to go visit it soon. I miss all of my teachers and they still remeber me! Even my kindergarden tearcher! Isnt that great? take it from a student who use to go to Essrig, they know kids and they know how to make learning fun.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 16, 2007

Great teachers and great facility.

Posted December 26, 2006

I love Essrig. The teachers are wonderful. And the Mrs. Gillett has been amasingly helpful. Mrs McKay and the rest of the secretaries are always wonderful. I have noticed a great improvement in my sons reading thanks to the one on one and tutoring he has recieved. I was planning on changing my kids to Northwest But after a month, I realized this was a much better school for them. I appreciate all the hard work and attention everyone has given to my little ones. Thank you all. Sincerely, Patsy Leroe

Posted October 29, 2006

Great School. Very happy my daughter attends this Shool. Had switched Daughter to Citrus Park but switched back to Essrig after only a week. Essrig is by far a better, cleaner and more organized school. Great Teachers, Staff and exceptional school.

Posted June 4, 2006

Essrig has provided my son with a lot of support. They care about their students.

Posted March 10, 2006

Good school with good clubs and good teachers

Posted February 10, 2006

I really am very pleased with this school. The level of parent involvement and teacher communication is at the top level. The academic program inspires the children to do the best that they can do. I think the mandatory uniforms may get the children in the right mind set as well. I have 3 children going there and they always look forward to the Whisker Wahoo on Fridays. So my final grade for this school would be an A+.

Posted January 7, 2006

My child is in the upper levels of Essrig and is having a very good school year. He is a little advanced for most of the kids in his class and actually is having more extracurricular academic opportunities to shine as a student than he did in his previous school (less competition academically). This has given him more confidence as a student. He does tend to get bored easily and the teacher has been very good at keeping him busy during classtime.

Posted June 28, 2005

Wonderful Math and Science program!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

94 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

94 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

127 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

13131 Lynn Road