Posted November 09, 2014
My son has attended Northwest Elementary for two years. I cannot say enough good things about this school. The office staff, teachers (we've had Mrs. Cacciatore and Mrs. Gray), administration and the PTA are all excellent. We are proud to be a part of the Northwest Elementary family.

Northwest Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
The Educators, Administration, Lunch staff etc. are doing a good job, but the car-rider drop off line is awful. I have absolutely no complaints about anything else but that. DEAR Hillsborough County Schools: stop adding to the school population...UNTIL the parking lot and adjacent roadway can accomodate the traffic that has to pass through Hutchinson's ONE LANE road- it's ridiculous!! Sincerely, all the car riders.

Posted August 27, 2013
My son goes to this school in 2 nd grade. I have loved the teaches and how much he has learned. Great communication and very rganized. A+

Posted August 01, 2013
Great school with fantastic teachers! My daughter attended k-5 and was very pleased with her experience. Her test scores are excellent thanks to the dedication from an amazing staff.

Posted June 04, 2013
I just moved to Florida and my three kids started attending Northwest a couple of months ago and I have to say they love it. All three of the teachers my children were assigned are wonderful. The staff never gives me any problems. I don't know if bad reviews are just old or from annoying people. This school is awesome and trust that your children are in great hands and with people who care about them. The lunch people even knew all three kids the day they started. While I was given my tour of the school they said hi and knew their names I was surprised since they didn't know them. It's all been nothing but up since then. These bad reviews are shocking.

Posted April 14, 2012
we had a totally opposite experience enrolling our three children. IT was amazing and I had such anxiety about leaving them as this was our first public school.(we had been abroad in Europe for the past year). the asst. principal was AMAZING, the secretary helpful and kind, the nurse and other office staff kind and accomodating. the Principal kind and thoughtful and willing to share after i had to come back with more paper work!!! He had checked on all of our chidlren . All of the teachers were amazing and the KIDS LOVED IT!! They rode the bus for the first time and wow, it was great..they cannot wait to go back on monday and we are so happy! Mom and Dad slept great last night!!! Thanks to all of you who made our day and transition so much easier! We are looking forward to great things at northwest! We feel blessed that God led us to you! We have total peace with our children being at this school, and were totally impressed with the entire process! Thanks again!!!!!!

Northwest Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2012
New residents in district, went to acquire registration info, staff was very rude and distant. We remained in good spirits considering they may be having a bad day... but no, our presence, which was scheduled, was portrayed as a major inconvenience for the office staff. Should we expect our kids to be treated the same way?

Posted July 18, 2011
My daughter has attended Northwest since Kindergarten and is about to start fourth grade. Every teacher has exceeded our expectations plus my daughter LOVES school and enjoys learning -thanks to her amazing teachers! Kudos to her past teachers (Mrs. Ford, Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Mezulis-Mays, Ms. Brookbank)- you are a credit to your profession!

Posted May 20, 2011
I am a parent of a child in Kindergarten. My son has been very happy at Northwest and loves it there. They have had many social functions and funraisers. The office staff is very welcoming and helpful. My son's teacher, Mrs. Cacciatore, has been great and very forward with my son's progress. He has had some difficulties with reading and she has given us so many options to improve his skills. We will support our neighborhood school and continue there in the fall. We are very happy there!

Northwest Elementary School 1

Posted May 05, 2011
My child has been a NW student for 4 years. This school has an A rating that is not deserved. The school has a handful of good teachers with a terrible administration. Apparently, the principal fails to recognize that retirement is long overdo. The Assistant Principal, guidance counselor and school psychologist shamefully do not meet the needs of students who are in need of IEP. Since the county changed the criteria for determining special ed needs this school has done nothing to become proactive in the RTI process. Thus, struggling students only get help when they are failing. What type of school allows children to fail before initiating an educational plan. These people call themselves educators...they should be ashamed of themselves!

Northwest Elementary School
16438 Hutchison Road, Tampa, FL  33625
Last modified Northwest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top