652 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Posted August 26, 2015
Northwest is an amazing school! Everybody is very involved, which is nice to have such a blessed school community. The principal, assistant principle, all the ladies who work in the main office are simply full of joy and seem very happy working with kids, and last but not least the biggest tahnk you goes to all the wonderful teacgers, who dedicated all their time and energy into making sure each and every student uses their full potential!

Posted November 09, 2014
My son has attended Northwest Elementary for two years. I cannot say enough good things about this school. The office staff, teachers (we've had Mrs. Cacciatore and Mrs. Gray), administration and the PTA are all excellent. We are proud to be a part of the Northwest Elementary family.

Northwest Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
The Educators, Administration, Lunch staff etc. are doing a good job, but the car-rider drop off line is awful. I have absolutely no complaints about anything else but that. DEAR Hillsborough County Schools: stop adding to the school population...UNTIL the parking lot and adjacent roadway can accomodate the traffic that has to pass through Hutchinson's ONE LANE road- it's ridiculous!! Sincerely, all the car riders.

Posted August 27, 2013
My son goes to this school in 2 nd grade. I have loved the teaches and how much he has learned. Great communication and very rganized. A+

Posted August 01, 2013
Great school with fantastic teachers! My daughter attended k-5 and was very pleased with her experience. Her test scores are excellent thanks to the dedication from an amazing staff.

Posted June 04, 2013
I just moved to Florida and my three kids started attending Northwest a couple of months ago and I have to say they love it. All three of the teachers my children were assigned are wonderful. The staff never gives me any problems. I don't know if bad reviews are just old or from annoying people. This school is awesome and trust that your children are in great hands and with people who care about them. The lunch people even knew all three kids the day they started. While I was given my tour of the school they said hi and knew their names I was surprised since they didn't know them. It's all been nothing but up since then. These bad reviews are shocking.

Posted December 19, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS EXCELLENT COMPARED TO TEMPLE TERRACE ELEMENTARY......MY STEP SON IS LEARNING SO MUCH AND I THANK HIS TEACHER MRS CACCIATORE FOR ALL THAT SHE TEACHES HIM......GREAT TEACHER AND SHOWS ALOT OF INTEREST IN HER STUDENTS ........THANKS TO ALL TEACHERS @ NORTHWEST !!!!!!

Posted April 14, 2012
we had a totally opposite experience enrolling our three children. IT was amazing and I had such anxiety about leaving them as this was our first public school.(we had been abroad in Europe for the past year). the asst. principal was AMAZING, the secretary helpful and kind, the nurse and other office staff kind and accomodating. the Principal kind and thoughtful and willing to share after i had to come back with more paper work!!! He had checked on all of our chidlren . All of the teachers were amazing and the KIDS LOVED IT!! They rode the bus for the first time and wow, it was great..they cannot wait to go back on monday and we are so happy! Mom and Dad slept great last night!!! Thanks to all of you who made our day and transition so much easier! We are looking forward to great things at northwest! We feel blessed that God led us to you! We have total peace with our children being at this school, and were totally impressed with the entire process! Thanks again!!!!!!

Northwest Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2012
New residents in district, went to acquire registration info, staff was very rude and distant. We remained in good spirits considering they may be having a bad day... but no, our presence, which was scheduled, was portrayed as a major inconvenience for the office staff. Should we expect our kids to be treated the same way?

Posted July 18, 2011
My daughter has attended Northwest since Kindergarten and is about to start fourth grade. Every teacher has exceeded our expectations plus my daughter LOVES school and enjoys learning -thanks to her amazing teachers! Kudos to her past teachers (Mrs. Ford, Mrs. Williams, Mrs. Mezulis-Mays, Ms. Brookbank)- you are a credit to your profession!

Northwest Elementary School
16438 Hutchison Road, Tampa, FL  33625
Last modified Northwest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top