Tampa Palms Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 811 students

Posted May 22, 2014

Tampa Palms school ? for special needs children - High Functioning Autism is this still the best for him in Tampa Bay area? We are moving and need input please. Lora

Posted May 22, 2014

My daughter goes to Tampa Palms Elementary. As a family we are very pleased for the academic and social environment that the school provides. We had excellent experience with the teachers so far. All were very kind, knowledgeable, and caring for their students. The school leadership is awesome, and very much loved by the students. Parent involvement is very active. The school organizes many extra-curricular activities that are both fun and engaging.

Posted May 17, 2013

Tampa Palms Elem is an A rated school for a reason. It takes hard work and dedication from both the teachers/staff AND the parents for children to excel. I have a child that attends the school and I also work there so I get to see both sides. It is an amazing school. We as parents should thank their child's teacher often, because a good education is a gift and privilege and should never be taken for granted. If you drive pass that school on the weekend you will more than likely see the Principal or Asst. Princial's car there. They take your child's education VERY seriously.....never doubt it!

Posted May 15, 2013

This school is excellent academically, but I have to give kudos to the front office staff. They are helpful and cheerful and truly show that they care about the children...and the parents. I have seen some parents give them a hard time, but it's usually when the parent doesn't want to follow the school's rules. As a side note, the comment about the 2nd grade teachers - one teacher got suddenly seriously ill and then passed away and another teacher's husband died of cancer. They were not getting special treatment, they were getting sympathy and understanding. It is hard to believe that a "teacher" posted this comment.

Posted May 5, 2013

Tampa Palms Elementary is an excellent school. I have two children that attended this school from K through fifth grade. My youngest will complete fifth grade in just a few weeks. This school has high academic standards which has prepared my children for middle school and beyond. Teachers at this school work extremely hard to meet the needs of all students and move children forward in their learning. The principal encourages parent input when placing each child with a teacher and classroom environment that best meets the student's learning style. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Our years at Tampa Palms have been wonderful thanks to the superior teachers, administration and staff.

Posted April 21, 2013

The problem with this school is the problem with the culture of New Tampa in general: a mean-spirited obsession with shallowness. We have since moved from the area largely due to this being the mentality of the area, but I still need to comment that I was always bothered by how the faculty and the staff at this school seemed to constantly enforce and reinforce an extreme value system of shallowness upon the students. The way that classrooms are run, the selective and shallow way that discipline is handled, all of it... it seems like the children are constantly being forced into shallowness on all forms and being rewarded for it, including scapegoating, endless social conformity, and even shallow thinking in the classroom, which extends to not asking "too many questions". I was also struck by the blatant emphasis on physical appearance and appearances, and how the principal seems to place a premium on hiring particularly young and physically attractive teachers with an inflexible and severe attitude toward things. The administration seems particularly concerned with superficiality and image.

Posted January 22, 2013

This is a great school. My oldest daughter went from 2nd grade through 5th and my son went from kindergarten to 2nd before we had to move, and the school has provided an incredible education for my children. My kids really miss the school and will always remember this wonderful school and their teachers. The principal, Mrs Kenan, is incredible and a huge reason why this school is an educational success. She knows all the students name, out greeting everyone in the morning and in the afternoon in the car drop off and pickup line. This school prepares the kids, who want to do well, to handle he curriculum of higher education schools like Terrace Community Middle School. Although this school might not be for every child, I cannot say enough great things about this school, if you want a great education for your child and they are willing to learning.

Posted November 7, 2012

I really love this school my daughter is now in the 1st garde she being going there since kindergarden and she love it. Her K teacher and I came up with a goal for to start reading. Now a year later she's on the Honor Roll and a Remarkable Reader. She love school and love to read all the time. This is the best school with Awesome teachers and Principals.

Posted October 29, 2012

Very impressive so far. This is based on the interest I have found the teachers have taken in each student attending along with communication when changes are pertaining to each student.

Posted September 27, 2012

This is not the school that it use to be. Our realtor sold us on our house because she claimed that the this school was the best in the State but it is no longer true. I wish that we had reviewed recent statistics, toured the school and met the administration versus taking her word. As a result, we are stuck in a house that we can't resell and sending our child to a private school (like most of our neighbors).

Posted January 30, 2012

Our son was diagnosed with a learning disability at age 2 and Tampa Palms Elementary is the best school in the north Tampa area to provide services starting at age 3. They also have a kindergarten class to help him to eventually transition him to mainstream classroom. The teachers are, experienced, knowledgeable and very caring. The school has won many awards and has been highly recognized in the Tampa school district including being a blue ribbon school, scholastic awards (math/sciences) as well as the admin staff/teachers/principal. Whether you have a special needs child or not, this is the best public school in the Tampa bay area.

Posted May 30, 2011

We chose to live in Tampa Palms because of the A rated schools. However-we have noticed that it is a school tht is driven by FCAT test results. I agree with the other parents who write that this school has forgotten that it needs nurturing teachers. Yes-if your child is "not on level"-they immediately start labeling them. If their is an issue with a teacher and your child the administration is slow to help. Parent involvment is high. If you are new to the school get use to teachers in too tight clothes and high heels and parents dropping kids off in their golf carts. That is the reality of "New Tampa".

Posted August 27, 2009

Absolutly love it! My daughter is in the 2nd grade here and moving from up north we warned that schools in florida weren't 'up to par' that is completely not the case!! Her first grade teacher, Mrs Pierce went out of her way to personally help my daughter get caught up and on level with the rest of the students. They give individual attention ... such participation from the staff as well as parents. Mrs Kennan the pricipal loves every last student there!! What a great school and community!

Posted July 24, 2009

The teachers at this school are wonderful, however this school is so academically focused that they have forgotten one of the most important things about child development .... Nurturing! you can not have one without the other! Being academically focused is GREAT, but children of these ages k- 5 need the nurturing, We are not building robots, but well rounded children Right?

Posted December 4, 2008

My daughter adores this school. She has been there since Kinder and my youngest cant wait to start there next school year. The teachers have been excellent. They are very involved and caring. I joke that the parental involvement rivals a mafia... but in a good way, this just shows how involved the parents are in their children education and want the best and expect the best from the staff. We have based our selection of a home to stay within TPE boundaries.

Posted August 31, 2008

I have had my child at this school since kinder and I have found that they do cater to smart kids. If your child is struggling they try to turn it on the kid and on his concentration. I have tried everything to keep my child in an 'A' rated school but at the same time it is going to cost my child a learning disadvantage. They label the child right away and separate them. Ex. All slow learners in a class. This damages the child. I do like the school other than this problem. The Principal is very involved and the kids are well behaved.

Posted June 24, 2008

Hi this year I graduated from tampa palms and i have been there since kindergarden!!!I love this school it is fun but well diciplend!!Ive never had a problem of bulling or any of that stuff my older sister went there also and she loved!!On my very last day i cried because i didnt want to leave!!Every teacher is great!!Ive never had a problem with making a goal because teachers are so helpfull!!I would recomend this school to anyone!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 2, 2008

TPE is a wonderful school. Mrs. Keenan is terrific, we love it here!

Posted August 29, 2007

I think Tampa Palms is an excellent school. My older son went there for his 4th and 5th grade year, and he was diagnosed with ADHD. The school work with me in order for him to excel, so he could get ready for middle school. My younger son went there from 1st through half of his 4th grade year, and he loved it. My son actually cried when we moved, because he loved Tampa Palms.He is now currently going to a elementary school here in Riverview, however it is not as good as Tampa Palms. The principal is wonderful and she has a great staff. The teachers really take time out with their students to ensure that they bring out the students best potential. Thank you for being such a great school, and I do miss that. To the staff at Tampa Palms, a job well done.

Posted December 13, 2006

Awesome! The principal is wonderful and so are the teachers. My kids will all go to tpe and iI would have to no other way. We have fought to stay in the area just so we could remain in this school. I am by no means considered upper class and yet they have bent over backwards for my family on numerous occasions. They demonstrate excellence in all three areas above, as well as and addition personal touch that makes them far superior to any other school, in my opinion. When the administration is strong, the entire school is strong. The parents know it, the kids know it, and the community knows it. A++++++++ There is no better school anywhere on earth!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

148 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

148 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

128 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

114 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

114 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

112 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Fax number
  • (813) 975-6654

Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now