845 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted June 10, 2016
Great school with teachers that actually take the time to help the students. My son came from a charter school for his kindergarten year, and the teachers and staff didn't care about his education as though it was their own children. Every child has some type of transition issue from daycare to elementary school and they were not understanding and didn't real care to deal with it. This school actually focused on my child's weaknesses and improved those throughout the year. His reading is better as well as his writing. I enjoy this school and my 2nd grader will be attending next school year! Excellent job Tampa Palms Staff!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 10, 2016
Mrs. Bahl is an amazing 1st grade teacher and makes the environment fun for the students and want to learn more.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 15, 2016
The classroom teachers in first and second grades are AMAZING, though we've also been exceptionally fortunate with the ESE teachers as well. They've easily been the difference between success and falling behind for our child.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 15, 2016
Our experience has been exceptionally positive with teacher-quality at TPE. Just a few minutes into Open House is all you need to understand how simultaneously organized, structured, and nurturing teachers are here.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 15, 2016
This school encourages students to treat each other with fairness and kindness, and the teachers will formally recognize these qualities in children when they are seen. They have super star student awards, recognition on the morning announcements, and other initiatives to encourage positive interactions.

Posted May 15, 2016
We've lived in Tampa Palms since 2012 and our daughter has attended since Kindergarten. Our older son attended the area middle and high school. My husband and I are also professional educators (not at this school), but we definitely know a school of excellence when we see one. Without exception, her education and support has been phenomenal at TPE. She gets extra help with reading, so we are very familiar with general classroom and special support teachers. Teachers are great - and ones that don't meet high standards are typically gone the next year. So much energy goes into involving families and the community during and after school (PTA fundraisers, spring carnivals, after-school "active eagles" club, chorus, math club, and so much more). The neighborhood itself is very diverse with many people well-employed by the local university. My husband and I have been offered jobs out of the area but have stayed in large part because of this school. As someone very familiar with other schools in New Tampa, I can honestly say this is one of the best.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2015
Academically the school might be OK but there is other issues. The school staff and principal don't treat all the parents and kids equally. If you were close to Ms Keenan, last school year, you got to request your teacher because of your help, donations or personal relations. Otherwise, they won't even consider the possibility that a very shy kid that spent one year in the school can not stay with her only friend in the same class. Ms Lippek explained to me that " They placed the kids based on their personality" Really? What exactly do they know of my daughter's personality? Or of her personal life? Her fears, her joys? That fact that we moved a lot in the last 8 years from different continents and then different states in the US. Do they really know that my daughter is very shy and unsecured and she needed only one little thing to continue to be happy? Just to stay with her only friend! Is that so much to ask for???? Is it such a big deal for the new principal? Apparently she doesn't know anything about some of the kids and she doesn't even care.... NOT POSSIBLE was the answer that I got. "We don't place kids based on friendship" REALLY? I know it isn't true....but some are treated differently, as I said. Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't know anybody in the school, any principal, teachers, or school staff... And this year's donations or volunteering...NOT POSSIBLE.....

Tampa Palms Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Tampa Palms school ? for special needs children - High Functioning Autism is this still the best for him in Tampa Bay area? We are moving and need input please. Lora

Posted May 22, 2014
My daughter goes to Tampa Palms Elementary. As a family we are very pleased for the academic and social environment that the school provides. We had excellent experience with the teachers so far. All were very kind, knowledgeable, and caring for their students. The school leadership is awesome, and very much loved by the students. Parent involvement is very active. The school organizes many extra-curricular activities that are both fun and engaging.

Posted May 17, 2013
Tampa Palms Elem is an A rated school for a reason. It takes hard work and dedication from both the teachers/staff AND the parents for children to excel. I have a child that attends the school and I also work there so I get to see both sides. It is an amazing school. We as parents should thank their child's teacher often, because a good education is a gift and privilege and should never be taken for granted. If you drive pass that school on the weekend you will more than likely see the Principal or Asst. Princial's car there. They take your child's education VERY seriously.....never doubt it!

6100 Tampa Palms Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Tampa Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.