Tampa Palms Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Tampa Palms school ? for special needs children - High Functioning Autism is this still the best for him in Tampa Bay area? We are moving and need input please. Lora

Posted May 22, 2014
My daughter goes to Tampa Palms Elementary. As a family we are very pleased for the academic and social environment that the school provides. We had excellent experience with the teachers so far. All were very kind, knowledgeable, and caring for their students. The school leadership is awesome, and very much loved by the students. Parent involvement is very active. The school organizes many extra-curricular activities that are both fun and engaging.

Posted May 17, 2013
Tampa Palms Elem is an A rated school for a reason. It takes hard work and dedication from both the teachers/staff AND the parents for children to excel. I have a child that attends the school and I also work there so I get to see both sides. It is an amazing school. We as parents should thank their child's teacher often, because a good education is a gift and privilege and should never be taken for granted. If you drive pass that school on the weekend you will more than likely see the Principal or Asst. Princial's car there. They take your child's education VERY seriously.....never doubt it!

Posted May 15, 2013
This school is excellent academically, but I have to give kudos to the front office staff. They are helpful and cheerful and truly show that they care about the children...and the parents. I have seen some parents give them a hard time, but it's usually when the parent doesn't want to follow the school's rules. As a side note, the comment about the 2nd grade teachers - one teacher got suddenly seriously ill and then passed away and another teacher's husband died of cancer. They were not getting special treatment, they were getting sympathy and understanding. It is hard to believe that a "teacher" posted this comment.

Posted May 05, 2013
Tampa Palms Elementary is an excellent school. I have two children that attended this school from K through fifth grade. My youngest will complete fifth grade in just a few weeks. This school has high academic standards which has prepared my children for middle school and beyond. Teachers at this school work extremely hard to meet the needs of all students and move children forward in their learning. The principal encourages parent input when placing each child with a teacher and classroom environment that best meets the student's learning style. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Our years at Tampa Palms have been wonderful thanks to the superior teachers, administration and staff.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2013
The problem with this school is the problem with the culture of New Tampa in general: a mean-spirited obsession with shallowness. We have since moved from the area largely due to this being the mentality of the area, but I still need to comment that I was always bothered by how the faculty and the staff at this school seemed to constantly enforce and reinforce an extreme value system of shallowness upon the students. The way that classrooms are run, the selective and shallow way that discipline is handled, all of it... it seems like the children are constantly being forced into shallowness on all forms and being rewarded for it, including scapegoating, endless social conformity, and even shallow thinking in the classroom, which extends to not asking "too many questions". I was also struck by the blatant emphasis on physical appearance and appearances, and how the principal seems to place a premium on hiring particularly young and physically attractive teachers with an inflexible and severe attitude toward things. The administration seems particularly concerned with superficiality and image.

Posted January 22, 2013
This is a great school. My oldest daughter went from 2nd grade through 5th and my son went from kindergarten to 2nd before we had to move, and the school has provided an incredible education for my children. My kids really miss the school and will always remember this wonderful school and their teachers. The principal, Mrs Kenan, is incredible and a huge reason why this school is an educational success. She knows all the students name, out greeting everyone in the morning and in the afternoon in the car drop off and pickup line. This school prepares the kids, who want to do well, to handle he curriculum of higher education schools like Terrace Community Middle School. Although this school might not be for every child, I cannot say enough great things about this school, if you want a great education for your child and they are willing to learning.

Posted November 07, 2012
I really love this school my daughter is now in the 1st garde she being going there since kindergarden and she love it. Her K teacher and I came up with a goal for to start reading. Now a year later she's on the Honor Roll and a Remarkable Reader. She love school and love to read all the time. This is the best school with Awesome teachers and Principals.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 4

Posted October 29, 2012
Very impressive so far. This is based on the interest I have found the teachers have taken in each student attending along with communication when changes are pertaining to each student.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2012
This is not the school that it use to be. Our realtor sold us on our house because she claimed that the this school was the best in the State but it is no longer true. I wish that we had reviewed recent statistics, toured the school and met the administration versus taking her word. As a result, we are stuck in a house that we can't resell and sending our child to a private school (like most of our neighbors).

Tampa Palms Elementary School
6100 Tampa Palms Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Tampa Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tampa Palms Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top