845 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 15, 2016
The classroom teachers in first and second grades are AMAZING, though we've also been exceptionally fortunate with the ESE teachers as well. They've easily been the difference between success and falling behind for our child.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 15, 2016
Our experience has been exceptionally positive with teacher-quality at TPE. Just a few minutes into Open House is all you need to understand how simultaneously organized, structured, and nurturing teachers are here.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 15, 2016
This school encourages students to treat each other with fairness and kindness, and the teachers will formally recognize these qualities in children when they are seen. They have super star student awards, recognition on the morning announcements, and other initiatives to encourage positive interactions.

Posted May 15, 2016
We've lived in Tampa Palms since 2012 and our daughter has attended since Kindergarten. Our older son attended the area middle and high school. My husband and I are also professional educators (not at this school), but we definitely know a school of excellence when we see one. Without exception, her education and support has been phenomenal at TPE. She gets extra help with reading, so we are very familiar with general classroom and special support teachers. Teachers are great - and ones that don't meet high standards are typically gone the next year. So much energy goes into involving families and the community during and after school (PTA fundraisers, spring carnivals, after-school "active eagles" club, chorus, math club, and so much more). The neighborhood itself is very diverse with many people well-employed by the local university. My husband and I have been offered jobs out of the area but have stayed in large part because of this school. As someone very familiar with other schools in New Tampa, I can honestly say this is one of the best.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2015
Academically the school might be OK but there is other issues. The school staff and principal don't treat all the parents and kids equally. If you were close to Ms Keenan, last school year, you got to request your teacher because of your help, donations or personal relations. Otherwise, they won't even consider the possibility that a very shy kid that spent one year in the school can not stay with her only friend in the same class. Ms Lippek explained to me that " They placed the kids based on their personality" Really? What exactly do they know of my daughter's personality? Or of her personal life? Her fears, her joys? That fact that we moved a lot in the last 8 years from different continents and then different states in the US. Do they really know that my daughter is very shy and unsecured and she needed only one little thing to continue to be happy? Just to stay with her only friend! Is that so much to ask for???? Is it such a big deal for the new principal? Apparently she doesn't know anything about some of the kids and she doesn't even care.... NOT POSSIBLE was the answer that I got. "We don't place kids based on friendship" REALLY? I know it isn't true....but some are treated differently, as I said. Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't know anybody in the school, any principal, teachers, or school staff... And this year's donations or volunteering...NOT POSSIBLE.....

Tampa Palms Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Tampa Palms school ? for special needs children - High Functioning Autism is this still the best for him in Tampa Bay area? We are moving and need input please. Lora

Posted May 22, 2014
My daughter goes to Tampa Palms Elementary. As a family we are very pleased for the academic and social environment that the school provides. We had excellent experience with the teachers so far. All were very kind, knowledgeable, and caring for their students. The school leadership is awesome, and very much loved by the students. Parent involvement is very active. The school organizes many extra-curricular activities that are both fun and engaging.

Posted May 17, 2013
Tampa Palms Elem is an A rated school for a reason. It takes hard work and dedication from both the teachers/staff AND the parents for children to excel. I have a child that attends the school and I also work there so I get to see both sides. It is an amazing school. We as parents should thank their child's teacher often, because a good education is a gift and privilege and should never be taken for granted. If you drive pass that school on the weekend you will more than likely see the Principal or Asst. Princial's car there. They take your child's education VERY seriously.....never doubt it!

Posted May 15, 2013
This school is excellent academically, but I have to give kudos to the front office staff. They are helpful and cheerful and truly show that they care about the children...and the parents. I have seen some parents give them a hard time, but it's usually when the parent doesn't want to follow the school's rules. As a side note, the comment about the 2nd grade teachers - one teacher got suddenly seriously ill and then passed away and another teacher's husband died of cancer. They were not getting special treatment, they were getting sympathy and understanding. It is hard to believe that a "teacher" posted this comment.

Posted May 05, 2013
Tampa Palms Elementary is an excellent school. I have two children that attended this school from K through fifth grade. My youngest will complete fifth grade in just a few weeks. This school has high academic standards which has prepared my children for middle school and beyond. Teachers at this school work extremely hard to meet the needs of all students and move children forward in their learning. The principal encourages parent input when placing each child with a teacher and classroom environment that best meets the student's learning style. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Our years at Tampa Palms have been wonderful thanks to the superior teachers, administration and staff.

6100 Tampa Palms Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Tampa Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.