Tampa, FL

Tampa Palms Elementary School 2

Posted August 25, 2015
Academically the school might be OK but there is other issues. The school staff and principal don't treat all the parents and kids equally. If you were close to Ms Keenan, last school year, you got to request your teacher because of your help, donations or personal relations. Otherwise, they won't even consider the possibility that a very shy kid that spent one year in the school can not stay with her only friend in the same class. Ms Lippek explained to me that " They placed the kids based on their personality" Really? What exactly do they know of my daughter's personality? Or of her personal life? Her fears, her joys? That fact that we moved a lot in the last 8 years from different continents and then different states in the US. Do they really know that my daughter is very shy and unsecured and she needed only one little thing to continue to be happy? Just to stay with her only friend! Is that so much to ask for???? Is it such a big deal for the new principal? Apparently she doesn't know anything about some of the kids and she doesn't even care.... NOT POSSIBLE was the answer that I got. "We don't place kids based on friendship" REALLY? I know it isn't true....but some are treated differently, as I said. Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't know anybody in the school, any principal, teachers, or school staff... And this year's donations or volunteering...NOT POSSIBLE.....

Tampa Palms Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Tampa Palms school ? for special needs children - High Functioning Autism is this still the best for him in Tampa Bay area? We are moving and need input please. Lora

Posted May 22, 2014
My daughter goes to Tampa Palms Elementary. As a family we are very pleased for the academic and social environment that the school provides. We had excellent experience with the teachers so far. All were very kind, knowledgeable, and caring for their students. The school leadership is awesome, and very much loved by the students. Parent involvement is very active. The school organizes many extra-curricular activities that are both fun and engaging.

Posted May 17, 2013
Tampa Palms Elem is an A rated school for a reason. It takes hard work and dedication from both the teachers/staff AND the parents for children to excel. I have a child that attends the school and I also work there so I get to see both sides. It is an amazing school. We as parents should thank their child's teacher often, because a good education is a gift and privilege and should never be taken for granted. If you drive pass that school on the weekend you will more than likely see the Principal or Asst. Princial's car there. They take your child's education VERY seriously.....never doubt it!

Posted May 15, 2013
This school is excellent academically, but I have to give kudos to the front office staff. They are helpful and cheerful and truly show that they care about the children...and the parents. I have seen some parents give them a hard time, but it's usually when the parent doesn't want to follow the school's rules. As a side note, the comment about the 2nd grade teachers - one teacher got suddenly seriously ill and then passed away and another teacher's husband died of cancer. They were not getting special treatment, they were getting sympathy and understanding. It is hard to believe that a "teacher" posted this comment.

Posted May 05, 2013
Tampa Palms Elementary is an excellent school. I have two children that attended this school from K through fifth grade. My youngest will complete fifth grade in just a few weeks. This school has high academic standards which has prepared my children for middle school and beyond. Teachers at this school work extremely hard to meet the needs of all students and move children forward in their learning. The principal encourages parent input when placing each child with a teacher and classroom environment that best meets the student's learning style. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Our years at Tampa Palms have been wonderful thanks to the superior teachers, administration and staff.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 1

Posted April 21, 2013
The problem with this school is the problem with the culture of New Tampa in general: a mean-spirited obsession with shallowness. We have since moved from the area largely due to this being the mentality of the area, but I still need to comment that I was always bothered by how the faculty and the staff at this school seemed to constantly enforce and reinforce an extreme value system of shallowness upon the students. The way that classrooms are run, the selective and shallow way that discipline is handled, all of it... it seems like the children are constantly being forced into shallowness on all forms and being rewarded for it, including scapegoating, endless social conformity, and even shallow thinking in the classroom, which extends to not asking "too many questions". I was also struck by the blatant emphasis on physical appearance and appearances, and how the principal seems to place a premium on hiring particularly young and physically attractive teachers with an inflexible and severe attitude toward things. The administration seems particularly concerned with superficiality and image.

Posted January 22, 2013
This is a great school. My oldest daughter went from 2nd grade through 5th and my son went from kindergarten to 2nd before we had to move, and the school has provided an incredible education for my children. My kids really miss the school and will always remember this wonderful school and their teachers. The principal, Mrs Kenan, is incredible and a huge reason why this school is an educational success. She knows all the students name, out greeting everyone in the morning and in the afternoon in the car drop off and pickup line. This school prepares the kids, who want to do well, to handle he curriculum of higher education schools like Terrace Community Middle School. Although this school might not be for every child, I cannot say enough great things about this school, if you want a great education for your child and they are willing to learning.

Tampa Palms Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2012
the second grade teachers seem to be ready to retire and not focused, one is plagued by illness and it is obvious she has a non compliant attitude but because she is a seasoned vetran, they let her get away with everything!!!!!

Posted November 07, 2012
I really love this school my daughter is now in the 1st garde she being going there since kindergarden and she love it. Her K teacher and I came up with a goal for to start reading. Now a year later she's on the Honor Roll and a Remarkable Reader. She love school and love to read all the time. This is the best school with Awesome teachers and Principals.

Tampa Palms Elementary School
6100 Tampa Palms Boulevard, Tampa, FL  33647
Last modified Tampa Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tampa Palms Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top