845 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

They do not allow violence and disrespect amongst the children, but I have had my child tell me some negative things the teacher has said to my child, so I don't know I will be addressing those issues tomorrow. The principal is really good, respectful, and involved though.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

This is really where this school fall short. If you're different or don't learn as fast as majority students they don't know how to deal/approach students with learning differences. They are only good with very smart fast learning students and I know cause I have one of each that attend this school.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

If leadership was effective they would do all they could to help my child versus always negative with little solutions. Or presenting the same ineffective solutions.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

My child had been told by the teacher my child is going to fail, has no friends, and nobody wants to play with my child.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

It's way to much homework and class work being sent home to complete. I shouldn't have to work a 12 hour shift and come home to help my first grader for hours with uncompleted classwork and homework.

Since the 1st few weeks of school this school has said my child is going to fail. My child is being swept under the rug I feel because my child isn't as easy to teach as some of the other children. I spend hours daily teaching my kid and doing homework and class work at home with my kid. The class work is always blank and they blame the 6 year old for hiding it in the desk. I know about the know child left behind laws and they are not utilizing it especially when it comes to the free tutor. Never had one all year. The list of issues I have with this school is endless but it's a great school if you have an already very naturally smart child.

We have been so pleased with this school, from day one. Our child has attended since K and we've had amazing teachers each year. We bought a home in this neighborhood specifically to attend this school, with its long-standing recognition for excellence. The school, and the community, are very diverse, not pretentious, welcoming, and support students in and out of the classroom. Our other child attended two other schools in New Tampa, but Tampa Palms is heads above the others. PS - Chiles is very good as well for folks looking east of BBD.

The school brings out the best in my child, the staff and Mrs. Konicek, are very supportive for my child's improvement. Great school!! No complaints.

Great school with teachers that actually take the time to help the students. My son came from a charter school for his kindergarten year, and the teachers and staff didn't care about his education as though it was their own children. Every child has some type of transition issue from daycare to elementary school and they were not understanding and didn't real care to deal with it. This school actually focused on my child's weaknesses and improved those throughout the year. His reading is better as well as his writing. I enjoy this school and my 2nd grader will be attending next school year! Excellent job Tampa Palms Staff!

Academically the school might be OK but there is other issues. The school staff and principal don't treat all the parents and kids equally. If you were close to Ms Keenan, last school year, you got to request your teacher because of your help, donations or personal relations. Otherwise, they won't even consider the possibility that a very shy kid that spent one year in the school can not stay with her only friend in the same class. Ms Lippek explained to me that " They placed the kids based on their personality" Really? What exactly do they know of my daughter's personality? Or of her personal life? Her fears, her joys? That fact that we moved a lot in the last 8 years from different continents and then different states in the US. Do they really know that my daughter is very shy and unsecured and she needed only one little thing to continue to be happy? Just to stay with her only friend! Is that so much to ask for???? Is it such a big deal for the new principal? Apparently she doesn't know anything about some of the kids and she doesn't even care.... NOT POSSIBLE was the answer that I got. "We don't place kids based on friendship" REALLY? I know it isn't true....but some are treated differently, as I said. Oh, I forgot to mention, I don't know anybody in the school, any principal, teachers, or school staff... And this year's donations or volunteering...NOT POSSIBLE.....

Last modified Tampa Palms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.